Anybody else NOT impressed with LeBron James?

Anybody else NOT impressed with LeBron James?

Postby 4Rings on Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:34 am

There is nothing about him that I haven't seen before. Frankly, he leaves me cold. I noticed his rubber bands say "King James". Um, he can barely shoot a jumper and he wants us to call him King?? Then he had the comquats to say people compare him to Magic. Whoever made that comparison should be shot. :disagree:
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby GaNgStA on Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:56 am

No freakin guy who cant play and blows shots shouldn't be named "King" how freakin dumb
GaNgStA

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:09 am

Iam told you guys this before, and I got remarks like how can you say this has not even played a gamed yet.............

I think LeBron is a flop. Cavs and Pistons were stupid not to take Carmelo, and in my eyes the Nuggets got a steal in the draft.

Carmelo for ROY.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:20 pm

i am also not impreseed AT ALL...the media did a lot to hype him but he did alot also...i mean he calls himslef king james...a guy hoo skewls high skewlers is really a king...ya right...so far i am not impresed...but well have to watch a little longer to call him a bust or not...
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby BDG on Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:14 pm

You guys need to give him some time. He's still very young and he has a LOT of learning to do. I don't think he'll be the greatest ever, but he'll be a star someday.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby hig on Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:16 pm

Count me in as not impressed.
hig

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:29 pm

Kids got game, but I knew from the very beginning he didn't deserve the hype and definitely not a $100M shoe deal...but thats up to Nike to decide.

Melo has always been my favorite to win the rookie of the year next to Walton of course :man1: , but I still say that LeBron will be the ish in like 5 years...he'll deserve the hype then...as for now :disagree:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Roscoe on Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:57 pm

Lebron will be like Kobe. It'll take him a while but he'll get it sometime, and when he does, watch out...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:19 pm

i was at both the clippers/cavs and lakers/suns games last night and i got to see Lebron...he didnt do anything that IMPRESSED me...in fact he disinterested me and i dont know if i wanna go to that game on january 12th when the lakers face the cavs(jan 12th is ALSO my birthday)...lebron is not really worth seeing....but he will continue to improve his jumper...but i think if hes aggressive and takes tha ball to tha hoop he can convert from the FT line, thats where he needs to get his points cuz his jumpers never go in...
FabFourLakers

Postby Bulls Fan on Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:59 pm

im not impressed right now but Kobes rookie season..he avg 7.6ppg. And now hes one of the greatest. Im sure i will get attacked for this and every one will break down all of kobes stats and say that he played less minutes and took less shots and all this that and the other thing. Thats great. Im just trying to give lebron fans some hope. MJ also was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] from the outside. 17%. So who knows.

My question is this: Do you guys think LeBron would be better if he had NCAA experience?
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:45 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:im not impressed right now but Kobes rookie season..he avg 7.6ppg. And now hes one of the greatest. Im sure i will get attacked for this and every one will break down all of kobes stats and say that he played less minutes and took less shots and all this that and the other thing. Thats great. Im just trying to give lebron fans some hope. MJ also was [censored] from the outside. 17%. So who knows.

My question is this: Do you guys think LeBron would be better if he had NCAA experience?

good question

we'll never know

by lookin at carmelo i'd hafta say he woudl benefit a lil bit from it...but i dont see tha point in him goin to college...i think hes good enuff for tha NBA...but he wont be 25 ppg 10 rpg and 10 apg yet...Lebron will be good...hell he beat up on us tonight but its only PRESEASON
FabFourLakers

Postby vaheblings on Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:05 pm

I dont think like Kobe, But.. U guyz dat R doubting Lebron DONT!! did u check his age 18 huh? And one more thing he is given da most responsibility and pressure on him than any other rookie or rookie has ever had. U guyz remember Kobe's Airballs? people said after dat Trade dis guy he sucks. I mean LEbron is given a 100 million contract huge adds and teams deals, and dat already is pressure on him, People are waitin for him to choke so they can say, "Ohh see 100 million he doesn;t deserve it." I know sum of u say y did he get dat much or take, Well wouldn't u take dat ammount of money is u had da chance? Common Lebron will be good, but he'll be better in like 3-4 years every player takes time to develop yo. I think people Just want to see him fail Cuz they;re just simply hatin on him. I mean u guyz say he is called King James, well who gives him dat name, Da media makes it bigger (like they're doin in da Kobe Case) So Get Off Lebron's Case and watch da kid develop. Props 2 Ya Lebron. And Fukkkk All da Haters.

Roscoe wrote:Lebron will be like Kobe. It'll take him a while but he'll get it sometime, and when he does, watch out...
vaheblings

Postby LakerFanFor16Years on Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:14 pm

I still think Carmello will be better
LakerFanFor16Years

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:16 am

I think Jordan had about the same responsibility as LeBron. MJs rookie season he avg 28.2ppg and was shooting 51%. His outside shot sucked though. Cant really compare them though...Jordan had NCAA experience. In my opinion, I think if LeBron/Kobe had NCAA exp...they would have had EXPLOSIVE opening seasons. Thats just my take. I think they should stop this high school recruitment crap.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:28 am

Bron's just a rookie... He isn't gonna be the top scorer of the league nor is he gonna hold any records. He's a young kid, still developing, and learning how to adjust from HS to the pros. All this hype is makin him look worse than what he really is.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby smilez on Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:24 pm

I dont think anyones impressed with LeBron. If he get a jumper then he will be better of.
smilez

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:19 am

vaheblings wrote:I dont think like Kobe, But.. U guyz dat R doubting Lebron DONT!! did u check his age 18 huh? And one more thing he is given da most responsibility and pressure on him than any other rookie or rookie has ever had. U guyz remember Kobe's Airballs? people said after dat Trade dis guy he sucks. I mean LEbron is given a 100 million contract huge adds and teams deals, and dat already is pressure on him, People are waitin for him to choke so they can say, "Ohh see 100 million he doesn;t deserve it." I know sum of u say y did he get dat much or take, Well wouldn't u take dat ammount of money is u had da chance? Common Lebron will be good, but he'll be better in like 3-4 years every player takes time to develop yo. I think people Just want to see him fail Cuz they;re just simply hatin on him. I mean u guyz say he is called King James, well who gives him dat name, Da media makes it bigger (like they're doin in da Kobe Case) So Get Off Lebron's Case and watch da kid develop. Props 2 Ya Lebron. And Fukkkk All da Haters.

Roscoe wrote:Lebron will be like Kobe. It'll take him a while but he'll get it sometime, and when he does, watch out...

How can we NOT doubt him? Sports Illustrated hailed him as the man to save basketball.

If it's up to LeBron James to save basketball, the NBA will be gone by 2005 the way he's shooting right now. LOL
LakersFan2003

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:52 am

How can they say he's the savior of basketball when he's just an 18 year old kid who's expected to perform miracles in his rookie season? That's puttin a lil' too much on him. He's gotta be the most anticipated HS kid to go pro. That's not fair for him. He's bein put in a situation he can't shoot himself out of, (no pun intended), let alone play at that level yet. Just like Kobe, he's gonna need NBA years behind him for him to even be successful. Because of who he is, and the hype, he will prolly make the all-star team, and might even be named RO the Y, so their marketing stratigies won't backfire on them... It's a dayam shame.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby mazter_roshi on Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:19 pm

I am indifferent to that statement, there will never be another Kobe. LeBron is just not impressing me in any way, shape or form. He hasn't had one good shooting game pre-season or not. Horrible at shooting the three, he will have one or two all star appearances in the future in my mind. But this kid is over-hyped up the ..... There are teams that use their number one pick for nothing because they choose nobody, and then there's Kobe who should have been the number one pick but wasn't. Look at how many players weren't chosen number one and became special players and those who were and haven't been heard from since. Number one pick's are used for players who we ASSUME will do good. I don't respect players until they earn my respect as far as their skill's on the court. :man8:
mazter_roshi

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:51 pm

so how about lebron tonight?

19 pts, 8 assists, 3 rebs, 2 stls 7-17 shooting and 4-6 from tha line

take that lebron haters

and its only preseason...remember it took yao ming a couple of season games to get into a rhythm...i expect tha same from Lebron
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:00 pm

Nice numbers. But not $90million nice. Not "savior of basketball" nice. Not Magic Johnson nice. And certainly not Michael Jordan nice.

Carmelo is AVERAGING better numbers than that ...

Again, good numbers, but for a kid who proclaims himself "King", I expect a little more.
LakersFan2003

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:06 pm

LakersFan2003 wrote:Nice numbers. But not $90million nice. Not "savior of basketball" nice. Not Magic Johnson nice. And certainly not Michael Jordan nice.

Again, good numbers, but for a kid who proclaims himself "King", I expect a little more.
LeBron didn't proclaim HIMSELF "King" that's just his nickname. Remember he's putting up these numbers and he's still a teenager! He won't be the best ever, but he's a lock for superstardom.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:12 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
LakersFan2003 wrote:Nice numbers. But not $90million nice. Not "savior of basketball" nice. Not Magic Johnson nice. And certainly not Michael Jordan nice.

LeBron didn't proclaim HIMSELF "King" that's just his nickname. Remember he's putting up these numbers and he's still a teenager! He won't be the best ever, but he's a lock for superstardom.

C'mon BDG ... he got the nickname because he has a tattoo on his right bicep that says "King James"... LOL. If THAT isn't proclaiming yourself King ... I don't know what is...
LakersFan2003

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:14 pm

It's just a nickname anyway. Even if he isn't "King" now, he's got PLENTY of time to prove himself. He's putting up amazing numbers for his age if you consider that.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:19 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:It's just a nickname anyway. Even if he isn't "King" now, he's got PLENTY of time to prove himself. He's putting up amazing numbers for his age if you consider that.

It may well be a nickname but he still has it tattooed on his body. And the boy couldn't even win his state title last year...

But yes, for an 18 year old he put up good numbers... against the Washington Wizards (and nobody else).

But for any King, any savior of basketball, any $90million shoe contract, still a bust.

But doing well, for a kid of 18 years. Again, I didn't say he was a bust because his performance in not on par with your typical 18 year old ... I said he was a bust because of the contracts he has signed, the label given to him by the media, and the big tattoo (and t-shirts), he wears that proclaim him King.
LakersFan2003

Next

Return to NBA Discussion