Are Americans still No. 1 basketball nation ?

Are Americans still No. 1 basketball nation ?

Postby Dragan on Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:55 am

White players will never be eable to compare with black players. Thay will alwayes be phisicly inferior. And that is why Americans will alwayes be superior basketball nations. Becose thay have black, phisicly superior players. But if we would only take white players that european players can phisicly compear with, Americans are no longer the best in the world.

Take for exsample Serbian basketball team. Even though our country has less people than New York Stae, we do have better players than white Americans do. Just put on paper white American players. Wally Szerbiac would be thear best player. And that is just not good enough.

Now the question is: What the hell hes happend to white basketball players in America ? Why are thay beguining to sux so bad ? Simple. coaches in America teach game that fits most of thear players and those are black players. And that game is phisical game based on great phisical abilities. And white players just can not prosper with that kind of coaching. Coaching is mutch mutch different here in europe and it is more creativity and finess and less power and strenth. Thats why players have better chances to prosper in europe. Perticulary in Serbia.

And for those less inteligent :man7: I would like to add that speaking of your own race ( white in my case ) as inferior is compleatly oposite of racism.
Dragan

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:15 pm

Well, if you're going on race alone, I'd say there are far more black players that are better than white players.

However, America is a "melting pot" as they say. We have all kinds of races and cultures here and if you were born here, you're an American-- simple as that. So no matter what race you are, if you're American, you're American.

Of course they have a better chance at prospering in Europe, because the competition there is much easier. It has nothing to do with finesse or creativity. People play in America because they get paid much more and the average skill level of the players is much higher than everywhere else.

However, I have to agree that recently, European white players have been better than most American white players. I hate to bring up race, but this may be due to the American whites' lack of experience while they sit on the bench to more skilled black players.

But remember that we are only taking the best of the best Europeans, so there's a whole lot of Euros that didn't make the NBA who aren't as skilled as many white Americans.

So America is and will always be the best basketball nation.

Interesting question though Drag...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby smilez on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:42 pm

I still think America is the best B-Ball nation. But there are some pretty good talent out here.
smilez

Postby Dragan on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:58 pm

I am not makeing racist coments. I am just seperating basketball players to aliens that are far superior and therefore unfear comperisment and mortal ( white ) players we can compare with european players.

And if you read my post more carfully you would realise I was not talking about makeing it in weeker european league but prospering in basketball sence. Learning basketball the right way.

And do not tell me that many european players did not make it. Dont think about europeans. Think about Searbs only for exsample. There is 20 time less Searbs than white Americans but we still have better players than white Americans do. Our percentage of players that make it is mutch higher than yours.
Dragan

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:32 pm

Dragan wrote:I am not makeing racist coments. I am just seperating basketball players to aliens that are far superior and therefore unfear comperisment and mortal ( white ) players we can compare with european players.

And if you read my post more carfully you would realise I was not talking about makeing it in weeker european league but prospering in basketball sence. Learning basketball the right way.

And do not tell me that many european players did not make it. Dont think about europeans. Think about Searbs only for exsample. There is 20 time less Searbs than white Americans but we still have better players than white Americans do. Our percentage of players that make it is mutch higher than yours.

Dragan, I never said you made racist comments.

Learning basketball the "right way" isn't a valid term. It's just an opinion. There's no right way to learn basketball. Coaches have different methods of teaching players the fundamentals of the sport. However, the overall purpose is to generate the highest skill level among players, something the United States clearly has done.

There have been increasing numbers in European players in the NBA. However, there are only a couple of European stars in the NBA right now (Dirk Nowitzki and Peja Stojakovic). Most of the rest of them sit on the bench and do not contribute very much to their team.

Like I said in my previous post (if YOU were reading closely :man12: ), recently European players have been showcasing a much higher skill level than that of white Americans. I can't argue there.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:12 pm

Racist comments???? Where's Rush Limbaugh when you need him?
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:14 pm

European players? i'd watch out for those South American players...Ginobili and NENE are 2 examples of that...they have opened the door for brazilian and argentinian basketball players...watch out for them...

But yes white american players are not as good as white european players...but the heart and desire from white american players is unmeasurable...guys like john stockton and larry bird, one of tha greatest players of all time, had so much desire and heart for tha game of basketball...u cant match that...and guys like Mark Madsen(yes Mark MADSEN) and Matt Harpring work their @$$e$ just to be at tha same skill level as everyone else...

I give white AMERICAN basketball players a lot of credit for not being discouraged by all tha black ballers who dominate tha NBA...they still have that strong desire to play tha game of basketball at tha highest level...
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:54 pm

DUDE RENAME THE THREAD THEN

YES EUROPEAN WHITE PLAYERS ARE BETTER THAN US BORN WHITE PLAYERS....BUT WHO CARES :man7:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:49 pm

swolswol wrote:DUDE RENAME THE THREAD THEN

YES EUROPEAN WHITE PLAYERS ARE BETTER THAN US BORN WHITE PLAYERS....BUT WHO CARES :man7:

swol ur white?
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:55 pm

na mexican/white....i meant U.S. born players my bad
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Dragan on Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 am

Its only normal that coaches will coach to the srenths of most of thear players. Most of thear players are black and rightly so thay coach game that is based of phisical abilyties that sutes black players better. Fear enough.

And look at the team where white players have sucsead the most ? Mavs and Kings. Those teams play and practice the way teams do in europe. So even for those talented players to make it, thay have to play more of a european style that Kings and Mavs do.

And when you thinking about American white players, who do you have ? Brad Miller at center. Wally at SF. Sura and Williams at gourds. You dont even have a decent PF. And just look at the team Searbs would put up. Divac, Drobnjak, Peja, Bodiroga and Vujanic. Bodiroga is best european player and Vujanic would keep Jaric on the bench.
Dragan

Postby hig on Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:20 am

Have the Mavs or Kings won anything????
hig

Postby BoogieKnight on Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:48 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:Racist comments???? Where's Rush Limbaugh when you need him?

Limbaugh is in rehabitation trying to get over his addition for pain killers.

Meanwhile, Dragan is filling in for him. :man9:

"You know what we are in Sacramento when it comes to Los Angeles? Whiners.
We excel at "The Crying Game."
And once again, our motto remains: We played, we lost, we b*tched about it."

By Marcos Bretón - Bee Columnist
BoogieKnight

Postby Dragan on Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:51 pm

Have the Mavs or Kings won anything ?

Was that my point ? My point was that thay play european stile basketball, sutebale for white players.
Dragan

Return to NBA Discussion