Artest could be on the blocks

Artest could be on the blocks

Postby nosebleedbum on Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:02 am

Now that isiah is out. According to reports Bird disdains the "bad boys" style that thomas runs. The article also mentions that with Brad miller gone, artest could be next. Since "they complimented each other"

I see a distinct possiblity here. Artest isn't going to be happy being an old celtic type of player- playing in control and smart. Carslile was a celtic, i believe. Artest will probably want out and the pacers will be happy to deal.

Here's a possible scenerio. Riles always love Artest's game, scuffle or not. Jones is considered expendable with Odom there. The proposed trade should include croshere since artest only makes 3.3 or so (signed thru 2008). Jones makes closer to 11. Of course pacers would want draft picks and prospects too. Artest will fit well in Riles' system. Many other teams he potentially can destroy everything- chemistry, team ball, winning, playoff hopes, cameras...

However, the whole league is probably calling bird right now with offers. Lakers have nobody they would want. And artest would not be a fit.
nosebleedbum

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:05 am

I know that...we all oughta fire Bird, he made this trade possible and I really think that Artest would be a star someday only if he learns that actions come before emotions....Bird was the one who started this trade by wrecking the team outlook altogether...it's over, but here's how I see the trade:

Ron Artest
+
Austin Croshere
+
Jamison Brewer

Jeff McInnis
+
Rasheed Wallace

This trade would only work with Portland, since they're willing to dump a PG and Rasheed Wallace. Also Indiana's looking to dump Artest and Croshere, and Brewer since they don't need another PG.

This trade would work for indy, since they'll get Rasheed to play the four and Jermaine could play the 5. Who thinks that Scot Pollard is a starter anyways? McInnis would help groom Tinsley and come off the bench.

On the other hand, Portland would get another bad boy in Artest to fill the void at the three after Scottie left, and they get a young'un in Brewer and another white guy in Austin Croshere so they get another SF/PF.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Roscoe on Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:19 pm

Portland would never do that trade, they could get much more for Rasheed. And Jermaine O'Neal is not a natural 5, he's better suited to be a PF...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby JSM on Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:21 pm

Indiana won't trade Croshere, they will trade Harrington before they would even consider shipping of Austin, simply because Carslile likes Croshere a lot, but him and Harrington don't agree on many things so I would look fir Harrington to be gone before Croshere
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:38 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Indiana won't trade Croshere, they will trade Harrington before they would even consider shipping of Austin, simply because Carslile likes Croshere a lot, but him and Harrington don't agree on many things so I would look fir Harrington to be gone before Croshere

that may be so, but Indiana wouldn't trade Harrington, since he has a lot of potential. They don't like Croshere and his fat contract anyways.

roscoe wrote:Portland would never do that trade, they could get much more for Rasheed. And Jermaine O'Neal is not a natural 5, he's better suited to be a PF...

Portland just may. They need another outside shooter, and what better to have it in a big man called Austin Croshere? Portland's rebuilding, and they like young'uns like Croshere and Jamison Brewer, who's in it for the cash. Ron Artest also suits their attitude, so he's as good as gold there, being an excellent defensive playa. Jermaine played the 5 sometime last year, it's just like Derrick Coleman playing the 5 fur Philly.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:02 pm

oh...and here's another trade if you hated the first one:

Three way trade in which:

Indiana
trades:

Ron Artest
+
Al Harrington
+
Fred Jones

Portland trades:

Damon Stoudamire
+
Rasheed Wallace

Atlanta trades:

Chris Crawford
+
Jason Terry (sign and trade)

Indiana trades Ron Artest and Fred Jones to the Blazers and Al Harrington to the Hawks, and Indiana gets in return Rasheed Wallace and Chris Crawford.

Portland trades Damon Stoudamire to the Hawks and Rasheed Wallace to the Pacers, and in return gets Ron Artest and Fred Jones from the Blazers, and Jason Terry from the Hawks.

Atlanta trades Chris Crawford to the Pacers and Jason Terry to the Blazers, and Atlanta gets in return Al Harrington from the Pacers and Damon Stoudamire from the Blazers.

I know it's a bit complex, but you oughta see the connection. If you don't please notify me and I'll respond ASAP. :man12:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion