Artest for Barry?

Artest for Barry?

Postby JSM on Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:39 pm

No not Jon Barry, but his brother Brent. There are serious talks going on between Seattle and Indiana and trading Barry for Artest. One of the reasons they will get rid of Artest and Tinsley is to try and keep O'Neal from demanding a trade. Remember he is already mad at them and on the verge of leaving, so they are doing every possible thing that they can to keep him happy. And he said on of the conditions of him signing was that Mercer, Artest, and Tinsley were all traded. And Mercer has already been moved to SA.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/39957.htm
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:14 pm

yes, they may have a little some-some going on, but this only proves how DESPERATE Larry Bird to get onto the good side of Jermaine O'Neal. He's willing to do anything, although Brent is a superb asset. Still, at the expense of developing "Abuser" and swolswol's half-brother, it's not worth it.

For more information, contact 1-800-FIREBIRD or go to this page: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3229
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:26 pm

i heard that too, but artest.... thay shouldnt give up on him
Kobe834

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:46 pm

Artest for Van Exel
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:34 pm

That might be a good trade... both are bad for chemistry, so they cancel each other out... and they can contribute offense (NVE) and defense (Artest).
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:51 pm

Barry is underrated, Artest is basically in the same boat, but this won't solve any of those team's problems. This trade won't happen, I assure you.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:52 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Barry is underrated, Artest is basically in the same boat, but this won't solve any of those team's problems. This trade won't happen, I assure you.
Yeah, besides I've heard that the NY Post gives VERY inaccurate rumors and has a bad rep for sports reporting.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:04 pm

Artest and Tinsley for Van Exel and Dunleavy
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:17 pm

I don't think GSW is gonna wanna trade Dunleavy... he's got mad potential and they won't let him go just as he's starting to truly develop.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:41 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I don't think GSW is gonna wanna trade Dunleavy... he's got mad potential and they won't let him go just as he's starting to truly develop.

they would if they can get artest in return....

and indiana would do this trade to develop bender, who does play tha 3 position i believe?

they'll have O'neal, Harrington, Bender, Miller, Van Exel and Dunleavy and Pollard assisting them off tha bench

As for GS, they'll have Dampier, Murphy, Artest, Richardson, Tinsley and then Claxton, Robinson, Foyle, Pietrus and others off tha bench

I think tha trade works out for both teams...lemme check tha salaries on this...

yes i had to add a couple players to this trade to make salaries work:

Van Exel(10.9mil)
Dunleavy(3.3mil)
P Jones(1.07mil)

Artest(5.2mil)
Tinsley(861,000)
Croshere(7.6mil)

what u think?
FabFourLakers

Postby BoogieKnight on Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:07 pm

Part of the reason why Jamison was traded is to provide more playing time for Dunleavy. The Warriors will not trade Dunleavy for Tinsley and a wannabe out of control Rodman.

"You know what we are in Sacramento when it comes to Los Angeles? Whiners.
We excel at "The Crying Game."
And once again, our motto remains: We played, we lost, we b*tched about it."

By Marcos Bretón - Bee Columnist
BoogieKnight

Postby Ghost of the Pacers on Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:17 pm

Smart reasoning Boogie. The Muscle man believed that the son of the Clipper man had a lot of potential, and trading him won't get anywhere--especially not for Ronny Ar-testies.
Ghost of the Pacers

Postby Hot Sauce on Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:43 pm

Yip Dunleavy will start this year for Oakland.
Feed Me!!!!!!!
Hot Sauce

Return to NBA Discussion