Artest

Artest

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:47 am

After being suspended and fined left and right last year, it appears he has finally gotten his act together this year. He has hardly been in trouble this year, one of the biggest things he has gotten in trouble for this year is missing practice this last week (a big improvement from his problems last year), he is having a good year, and is playing great defense. Teams have been trying to get him, just so they can have a defensive weapon on there team (most recent team is the Knicks).

But are the refs letting him get away with too much?...he grabs, holds, pulls on opponents jerseys, pulls down Pierce's shorts (shouldn't he have at least got a T for this) and none of it gets called. It's not his defensive ability I am questioning, it's his methods. I think that he needs a different coach that can tame him more. He is still a loose cannon, no one can do what he did last year, and make a complete 180 degree turn around in less than 6 months. This is the same guy that got into fight, got constant technicals, got in arguments with fellow teammates and coaches, argued with guys on the opposing bench, held up obscene gestures at fans, among other things.

But either way he is still one of the best defenders in the game right now and playing some of his best basketball. I was just wondering what everyone thought of him.

And here are some of the guys that he has playing great D against in the past few games:

1/2/04-against Pierce. Artest scored 28, and only let Pierce get 18. Pacers win 103-90

12/30/03-against Lebron. Lebron scored 22, but was contained by Artest pretty much after the 1st quarter. Artest scored 18 points.

12/29/03-against Miller and Bonzi. Artest scored 18 and limited Mike Miller to 4 points, and was a little more lenient on Bonzi who had 16 points.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Roscoe on Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:55 am

He should be a definite All-Star this year.He has fired up the Pacers and can help them win the East. Players are intimidated to go up against him. In SLAM they asked T-Mac who he would rather not play against and he said Artest. So if one of the best players in the NBA is intimidated by you, you definitly should be an All-Star. But it looks like he might be traded. If he is I'd like to see him go to Dallas where he can hopefully fire those guys up to play D...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby ShaqAttaq on Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:24 am

I think Artest is the best personal defender in the league! But also he is an all-around player - he scores, plays D, rebounds, steals!!! He is an All-Star!!
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
ShaqAttaq

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:57 pm

yea unfortunately tha fans dont think he should be accordin to tha ballots...

but if carlisle coaches tha east all stars (which he prolly will)...then look for Artest to be an all star reserve...cuz whoever coaches tha east or west all stars, they get to choose tha all star reserves
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:25 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:if carlisle coaches tha east all stars (which he prolly will)...then look for Artest to be an all star reserve

Unless they get into another big argument
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:40 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:if carlisle coaches tha east all stars (which he prolly will)...then look for Artest to be an all star reserve

Unless they get into another big argument

i think carlisle and artest respect eachother mutually but every coach and player have their problems...look at brown and iverson...after all they had been thru...they still respected eachother and it showed when iverson gave brown a hug before tha sixers/pistons game in philly...

if carlisle is coach and artest ISNT an all star THEN there are some major problems in INDY...
FabFourLakers

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:54 pm

:man10: did yalL see ron artest pullin paul pierce's shortz down??!? :freak2: that was the funniest thing i've ever seen!!

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:13 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote: :man10: did yalL see ron artest pullin paul pierce's shortz down??!? :freak2: that was the funniest thing i've ever seen!!

My teamates we're telling me about this!? What happened?!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:25 pm

he was guarding Pierce in the paint on an inbounds play, and Pierce went to make his move to get free so he could get the ball...and Artest was behind him an deliberately pulled down his shorts so he couldn't make his move...but it didn't matter because Pierce pulled up his pants, got the ball, rotated out to the 3 point line and drained the 3 in Artest's face
JSM

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:07 pm

He's a hell of a good player, but dayam, doin that to Paul was uncalled for. He's doin the same ole same ole stuff, but he's gettin away with it, so that's why he's doin it more. Can't he just play the dayam game, instead of goin to such lengths? And Paul made that 3 in his face after he pulled his shorts down.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:10 pm

U gota admit though, LG, that waz very funny :man10:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:23 pm

i Know huh!?> :freak2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:12 pm

YUP I WORKED HIM OUT ALL SUMMER AND MY LIL BRO IS BALLIN NOW :jam2:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Return to NBA Discussion