Atlanta matches offer to J.T.

Atlanta matches offer to J.T.

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:44 pm

The Hawks have just matched the offer sheet that the Jazz sent to Jason P. Terry #31-G

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:33 pm

He really doesn't want to stay in Atl. Here is some more of what he said about the Jazz-
"It's a young team, but they said I'd become the young leader of that team. That would be fine with me ... I've had four different coaches in Atlanta. In Utah, the system's in place. I can just come in and execute it. I love Kirilenko. I've been watching him on TV this week [Kirilenko is playing for Russia in the European tournament] and their coaching staff is probably the biggest thing for me."

He signed with the Jazz for 24 million for 3 years, after the Hawks offered him a 7 year 50 million dollar deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1613972[/quote]
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:36 pm

damnit, i was hoping the Hawks would decide not to match...

oh well...

sorry jazz...its gonna be a LOOOOOONG season...

the hawks havent matched it OFFICIALLY right? but they will EVENTUALLY match it?
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:39 pm

Jason Terry shoulda pulled a Lamar Odom...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:39 pm

They haven't matched it yet. They said they have plans to match it..

Clippers said the same thing with Odom, then Odom starting [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Terry's already [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]..

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:48 pm

yes i agree with Roscoe, he should pull an odom FAST before his offer is matched....but the hawks wont be all that bad if they get terry back , they will still have rahim, terry, ratliff, henderson and a couple of other guys and they can make it work out in a couple yrs ya know? or they can turn out like tha clippers :mad1:
FabFourLakers

Postby Hot Sauce on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:49 pm

Dude the Hawks are just another team headed nowhere fast
Feed Me!!!!!!!
Hot Sauce

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:55 pm

I think he is already trying to pull the "Odom", he is making it very clear that under no circumstances does he want want to stay here in Atl. He is very quick to comment on how much he loves the Jazz every time a mic. is put within a 5 mile radius of him.

If I were the Hawks, I would just let him go, because players who don't want to be where they are, never play as hard as they would if they were where they wanted to be, and the player usually tries to make it a bad situation for everyone, and tries to do things to make the team mad, so they would trade them.

The Hawks will be terrible, if they lose Terry, then that leaves them with Shareef and a very injury prone Ratliff (it is almost a guarantee that he will be injured sometime this season)
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Hot Sauce on Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:00 pm

The Hawks are terrible with or without Terry. They really screwed themselves by not making more moves in the offseason.
Feed Me!!!!!!!
Hot Sauce

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:08 pm

He already turned down an offer from the Hawks for $50 mill this summer, then signs a $24 mill offer sheet with the Jazz. So that means the Hawks will match it and save $30 mill from what they offered him earlier.

Terry's got a horrible agent...

Postby SWOL on Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:37 am

YO THE JAZZ MIGHT BE THE WORST TEAM EVER...SUX FOR JAZZ FAN :man5:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:09 pm

Posto wrote:He already turned down an offer from the Hawks for $50 mill this summer, then signs a $24 mill offer sheet with the Jazz. So that means the Hawks will match it and save $30 mill from what they offered him earlier.

Terry's got a horrible agent...

It was a 7 year, 50 million offer, so basically he'd be rackin in about 7-8 million a year if he did accept the hawks offer

but the jazz offered him a 3 year 24 million contract, which mean he'd be gettin tha same amount(8 mil tha next 3 years) that he would be gettin from the hawks...but only less years...

Yes the Jazz may have the worst ROSTER to start a season with, cuz most of tha teams that do bad either have injuries to key players, injuries to TOO MANY players, or they jus SUCK. Well, the jazz jus SUCK unfortunately for kirilenko n harpring, it'll be a looooooooooong season...

im kinda hoping the hawks dont match i want terry to go to tha jazz cuz the jazz dont deserve to have sucha PITIFUL roster, i mean they got LUCKY the kings gave them a player for nothin in return(jus a 2nd round pick?)
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion