Atlanta should complete the chain reaction...(trade talk)

Atlanta should complete the chain reaction...(trade talk)

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:45 pm

So they promised to make the playoffs last season, and uhh they didnt.

So they trade Glenn Robinson to Philly and get an injured player in return who will retire eventually and they'll get some cap space(Terrell Brandon)

Now they got a restricted free agent guard in Jason Terry, who recently signed an offer sheeet with the rebuilding Utah Jazz. Should they let him walk or match the offer and keep a great duo in Terry and Shareef?

So if they LET Terry walk, will Shareef be next in line? will this be a repetition of what Milwaukee did with their big 3?

I say if they let Shareef go, they will trade for a washed up player witha big contract(vin baker, grant hill, maybe even austin croshere and another playeR)

Let shareef go to a playoff team...he'll contribute

what yall think?
FabFourLakers

Postby Don't trade Reef on Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:09 pm

LOL...its da user name. Says it all. Atlanta's not that dumb to recognize a star when they see one, it's just that they're brainwashed and screwed. They've got no formal head coach and a lousy GM. That's all, the team is still functioning with Ratliff and Rahim on the spot.
Don't trade Reef

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:13 pm

if they trade him...which they will probably end up doing eventually, because they are trading away anyone they can that has talent. Then could trade Shareef for Antonio Davis. I think Shareef would be able to help VC out a lot up there, and could help them possibly make it past the 1st round of the playoffs. I checked this trade and financially, it does work
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ghost of Drazen on Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:20 pm

Reef for Tonio? Thats the lousiest trade I've ever heard...it's like trading a guy with no more potential for a guy with tons of it...

It's like trading DRAZEN PETROVIC for Sam Mitchell....
REMEMBER DRAZEN
Ghost of Drazen

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:28 pm

Ghost of Drazen wrote:Reef for Tonio? Thats the lousiest trade I've ever heard...it's like trading a guy with no more potential for a guy with tons of it...

It's like trading DRAZEN PETROVIC for Sam Mitchell....

seriously im sick of u sayin drazen drazen drazen...

its not like we have somebody with the user name as "the ghost of malik sealy" or the "ghost of chris mills"

jus stop with tha whole drazen act man...its gettin old

he was a good player and its mournful that he died...but get on with life ya know?

as for tha shareef for antonio trade, there are many possible trade scenarios for Atlanta, and i forgot about Ratliff, he coudl be trade bait as well...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion