Baby Shaq?

Baby Shaq?

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:09 pm

I have seen a story about a 17year old going on 18 in 3 weeks, European basketball player. His name is Roneldi Sterling. He is 7' tall. He weighs in at 325 lbs. He has won numerous awards for playing basketball. It stated that most of his weight is muscle. He is considering going to college for maybe a yr. or two, then go to the NBA. But, many people icluding his uncle who he has lived with since he was 3(his parents died in a tragic car accident) wants him to go directly to the National Basketball Asscoiation. His dream always was to an NBA superstar, but right now he does not know what he plans on doing in the future. In a European league he won the leagues top award.

Last years stats(a game)

27.6 pts.
12.1 rebs.
5.3 [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
9.7 blk.

And he shot 58% from the field.

I say go to college first then come to the NBA, to follow you dream.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:40 pm

I'm sorry, but they also said that Sofoklis Schotsianitis had potential as being the next "Baby Shaq." He got drafted by the Clippers with the 34th or 35th pick if you recall. He looks like a sore loser.

The next BS would probably be Eddy Curry.

At this point, even if that dude's stats are good, like scoring, rebounds and assists, I don't believe in baby Shaqs. They never live up to expectations. :man10:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:52 pm

funny stats... almost 10 blocks a game hahah, must be weak competition? or players much shorter then him
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:58 pm

I though eddy curry was the baby shaq!!!! I hate that name baby shaq. Everyone keeps naming people that has the same size as shaq!!! Remember baby jordan.... Harold Miner!!! hahhah :man8:
zetaw00d

Postby Roscoe on Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:39 pm

Eddy Curry is gonna be the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in a couple of years, but he still won't be as good as Shaq...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:16 pm

Roscoe wrote:Eddy Curry is gonna be the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in a couple of years, but he still won't be as good as Shaq...

you got that right! and tyson chandler will be good too!! the way crawford, curry and chandler played tha last 2 months of tha season...LOOK OUT for tha bulls man! now that they got pippen for leadership, they can combine youth with experience! i hope they make tha playoffs!!

eddy curry is tha closest to a baby shaq! speakin of baby shaq, have u guys heard of tha chinese guy who is projected to be as big as shaq?
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:51 pm

Chandler is gonna be good because he's very athletic for his size and can even play SF. He's gonna be a monster in the paint and he's still very young right now.

Curry on the other hand needs to improve his game a little. He's got to condition himself better. However, I think he'll develop into a solid player-- but not a Shaq-level player. He's still young and has time for improvement though.

Time will tell how they will develop.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:19 pm

the only way there will be a true "baby shaq" in the NBA is if Shaq has a kid that decides to play in the NBA
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:28 am

jsm0331 wrote:the only way there will be a true "baby shaq" in the NBA is if Shaq has a kid that decides to play in the NBA

so true

how tight would that be if Shaq's sons become BIGGER than shaQ!!
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion