He's back? Mike Brown to the Cavs?

Re: He's back? Mike Brown to the Cavs?

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
TIME wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:He coached there for 5 years. If anyone knows his ability, it's Dan Gilbert. Actually, if anything, this validates his coaching ability.

Sorry, Chill, but this made me :man10:

Since when is Dan Gilbert anything close to a good evaluator of coaching ability?

Point taken...drafting LeBron?

Look we nail everyone 3x as hard in LA. That's why we have fans chanting "we want Phil"...I'm not saying he's a good coach. Definitely not. Just saying that he's not as bad as SOME make it out to seem.

DG might not be a great evaluator of coaching ability, maybe he let Danny Ferry make all the decision. The Cavs as an organization made the decision to bring him back, that has to say something.

edit: 5 YEARS? WTF :man4:

No, he's a TERRIBLE coach, and I'm shocked that he led ANY team to 60+ wins in back to back seasons. There's nothing about him that says he's a winner. The Cavs are gonna remain a crappy franchise for years on end because of their management decisions....Kyrie Irving is surely on his way out....i mean hey this is great for us, we may have a shot at him in a few years in Free Agency.
FabFourLakers

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

That bad? I want reasons at least...I can think of a few that make him less than ideal, so I'll start.

1. Practices - Holds long practices that are way too intense, wears out his players

2. Film obsession - loses players focus and respect by overemphasizing film sessions

3. Stubborn - definitely has a viewpoint that he sticks to. Can alienate players at times, but LeBron and the scrubs saw some pretty good success under him.
Chillbongo

Postby Alexxander on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Does this mean he's off our payroll??? FIRE MDA!
Alexxander

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Chillbongo wrote:That bad? I want reasons at least...I can think of a few that make him less than ideal, so I'll start.

1. Practices - Holds long practices that are way too intense, wears out his players

2. Film obsession - loses players focus and respect by overemphasizing film sessions

3. Stubborn - definitely has a viewpoint that he sticks to. Can alienate players at times, but LeBron and the scrubs saw some pretty good success under him.

Rotations: Terrible. Changes too often. Always ends up using the wrong combination of players.

Stars: He has no control over them....becomes a cheerleader instead of a coach

Accountability: Won't hold stars accountable but will put others in dog house...a recipe for disaster

Offense: He has to hire an offensive coordinator....he can't coach offense

Defense: Overrated...were we a top defensive team last year? Heck no.

Motivator: "Lets go guys Lets go!"....enough said.

And he doesn't seem to give a crap when his team is losing....he will stick to whatever he thinks will work. I still blame Mike Brown for how this team turned out...0-8 in preseason, 1-4 to start the season....and dont care what anyone tells me...this team would have MISSED the playoffs with Mike Brown as head coach.

And if you're wondering why he won 60+ at any point? LeBron James. I hate giving the man credit but he really was the reason that team won 60 games.
FabFourLakers

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:43 pm

I actually agree with everything you're saying - I never thought he was a great fit for the Lakers. If you go back and see my posts, I voice many a displeasure at his arrival in Los Angeles.

But for Cleveland?

And, I think something similar would have happened HAD Brown stayed a Laker. The players would've had a meeting, decided that he should stfu, and Kobe would've willed us to the playoffs. Other than that I'm with you.

Unfortunately I have to give LeBron credit for the winning there, as well. But their staff did put decent players around him. Not enough to win it all, but enough to be good.
Chillbongo

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:53 pm

This is why trash franchise remain trash franchises

The Lakers hired this clown and cut their losses ASAP

The Cavs hired back the man they fired not even 3 years ago because their best player didn't respect him

:wave: Kyrie
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby JSM on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:04 pm

They're trying to run another franchise player out of town?

Thanks Danny boy for making LA responsible for less of his salary...even if it's just a penny, I'll take what I can get at this point. It goes to the fund of being able to hire a real coach in LA again.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby shoe on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Alexxander wrote:Does this mean he's off our payroll??? FIRE MDA!

I'm curious about this too.
shoe

Postby 432J on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:40 pm

shoe wrote:
Alexxander wrote:Does this mean he's off our payroll??? FIRE MDA!

I'm curious about this too.

from what i read, he's not completely off the payroll but the amount LA owes him decreases significantly if he comes to terms with cleveland which it looks like he will
432J

Postby WilliamHaven on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:25 pm

I wonder if he exchanged texas with Kyrie before taking the job.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion