Barkley believes Lebron can be better than MJ

Barkley believes Lebron can be better than MJ

Postby clubsoto24 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:49 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/84613 ... ael-jordan
Jordan is considered by many the best player in NBA history, but Barkley believes his teammate with the Dream Team can be surpassed by James.

"I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said. "I thought I would never compare somebody to Michael Jordan. But this guy, LeBron James, he does everything well. Michael did everything well. LeBron James is just bigger, stronger, faster. That's the only difference."

Barkley makes his comments on the first episode of NBA TV's "Open Court," to debut Tuesday at 11 p.m. ET. The series features a round-table discussion of NBA TV and TNT commentators. They include Shaquille O'Neal, Reggie Miller, Kenny Smith, Steve Smith, Chris Webber, Steve Kerr and Ernie Johnson.

James won his first NBA title and third MVP award last season, joining Jordan as the only players to win the NBA title, regular-season MVP, NBA Finals MVP and Olympic gold medal in the same year.

Jordan won six championships during his Hall of Fame career.

"Unfortunately for LeBron, now that the monkey is off his back, he is going to be compared to two people: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan," O'Neal said. "So now the question is how many championships can he get? We all know he is a competitor."

Chuck being Chuck :man10: but on a real note.. that idea of Lebron being better is not entirely improbable. We will just have to wait and see how his career unfolds. Considering the accomplishments Kobe had, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Kobe possibly surpassing Jordan. Actually n/m haters gonna hate :boxing1:
Last edited by clubsoto24 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Re: Barkley believes Lebron can be better than MJ

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:59 pm

He has to win at least 3 more championships and Finals MVP's. With the new look Lakers and the Thunder getting better and better I don't see that happening. LeBron is nowhere near surpassing Kobe or Magic let alone Jordan.

People act like Miami winning last year was such am incredible accomplishment when it really wasn't. They beat an old and crippled Boston team to get to the Finals and a very young, dumb, and inexperienced Thunder team to win the championship. On top of that it was a lockout shortened season. I just wasn't that impressed with their championship run.

If they can do it again I'll be impressed, but they have zero size in the middle so I don't really see them beating us. Another thing is Wade is on a deep decline and given he knee issues could be finished in a couple of seasons.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm

With 2 titles he'll surpass Jordan, with three he'll surpass the Lakers as a whole and with four he'll surpass both Lakers and Celtics legacies... combined.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Weezy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Chuck is a jackass, at least Shaq threw Kobe in there where he belongs. Forget MJ, LeBron has a long way to go to even reach or pass Kobe's level.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Weezy wrote:Chuck is a jackass, at least Shaq threw Kobe in there where he belongs. Forget MJ, LeBron has a long way to go to even reach or pass Kobe's level.

Actually, forget Kobe, there's still quite a number of players to reach. A few of them still active (at least two)
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Weezy wrote:Chuck is a jackass
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Barkley also thinks that because he lost 20 pounds he's not fat.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

I don't see it. A young MJ, circa mid to late 80's, would destroy LeBron one on one.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:27 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Misleading title.

Barkley doesn't believe this.

He's simply saying this to get at MJ.

Just wait until he says that Dwight can be better than Shaq. It's coming.

better than Shaq? HA! he's not even better than Brook Lopez :jam2:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm

We shall see.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Finwë on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:52 pm

therealdeal wrote:Barkley also thinks that because he lost 20 pounds he's not fat.

:man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Snake Eyes on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 pm

I just heard about this on Sportscenter. Its a media guy being a media guy. Their job is to get people talking ... they are doing there job.
Snake Eyes

Return to NBA Discussion