Barnes To The Clippers

Re: Matt Barnes Still Talking About A Deal With The Lakers?

Postby thkthebest on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm going to agree with Rooscooter on this one. There is really nothing Ebanks does better than Barnes. People want him because he has potential and upside. There are thousands of players who have potential and upside, and I couldn't care less about any of them. Actually, Ebanks' ceiling is probably Matt Barnes. Lol.
thkthebest

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Like others have said give Devin Ebanks a shot, Andre Gouledlock too, barnes is terrible he's gettin like luie walton seriously Lakers don't waste money on him
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby LAKEROC on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:05 pm

I would have loved, in a perfect world for the Lakers to have had a great blue chip prospect at small forward like a Harrison Barnes, as he would have been a godsend in the second unit on both ends of the floor... but sadly, that is just not reality!

I still can't believe how the Lakers couldn't have seen Gerald Green's potential when he was with the D-fenders and bring him up? He would have been great at the backup 2 or 3 position, and he's young, and would have come cheap. The Lakers don't make many stupid moves often, but letting this guy go, when he was in their backyard was one of them.

If we had Gerald Green(which we should have, if the scout was doing his job), and Ramon Sessions had taken that PO, signed Kenyon Martin for the veterans minimum to solidify the front court, and we had still been able to acquire Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks, Antwan Jamison, and resigned Jordan Hill and Devin Ebanks, then I can't see any major weaknesses at any position for the Lakers. Sadly, that's all completely doable, and not outlandish

Nash/Sessions/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/
Artest/Green/Ebanks
Gasol/Jamison/Martin
Howard/Hill

Our second unit of Sessions/Meeks/Green/Jamison/Hill, would have been better than some teams starting units!!! Oh well....must move on from the Sessions and Green debacles :man6:
LAKEROC

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 pm

^^^^

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby shoe on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:40 pm

LAKEROC wrote:I would have loved, in a perfect world for the Lakers to have had a great blue chip prospect at small forward like a Harrison Barnes, as he would have been a godsend in the second unit on both ends of the floor... but sadly, that is just not reality!

I still can't believe how the Lakers couldn't have seen Gerald Green's potential when he was with the D-fenders and bring him up? He would have been great at the backup 2 or 3 position, and he's young, and would have come cheap. The Lakers don't make many stupid moves often, but letting this guy go, when he was in their backyard was one of them.

If we had Gerald Green(which we should have, if the scout was doing his job), and Ramon Sessions had taken that PO, signed Kenyon Martin for the veterans minimum to solidify the front court, and we had still been able to acquire Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks, Antwan Jamison, and resigned Jordan Hill and Devin Ebanks, then I can't see any major weaknesses at any position for the Lakers. Sadly, that's all completely doable, and not outlandish

Nash/Sessions/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/
Artest/Green/Ebanks
Gasol/Jamison/Martin
Howard/Hill

Our second unit of Sessions/Meeks/Green/Jamison/Hill, would have been better than some teams starting units!!! Oh well....must move on from the Sessions and Green debacles :man6:

Gerald Green looked terrible in the summer league games he played for us. No one wanted him, so I don't see how you can call it a stupid move.
shoe

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^^

LOL
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby purp n gold on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm

LAKEROC wrote:must move on from the Sessions and Green debacles :man6:

I forgot about Sessions this past July 4th and I forgot about Green sometime in 2008. Probably 2007.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 am

Doc Brown wrote:^^^^

:man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 am

Each team has flaws ... Ebanks isn't the answer to back up the SF spot neither Barnes is ..

Barnes is the better player but has choked during the 3 latest playoffs runs ... PASS
wcsoldier81

Postby LakersN4 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:48 am

LAKEROC wrote:I would have loved, in a perfect world for the Lakers to have had a great blue chip prospect at small forward like a Harrison Barnes, as he would have been a godsend in the second unit on both ends of the floor... but sadly, that is just not reality!

Nash/Sessions/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/
Artest/Green/Ebanks
Gasol/Jamison/Martin
Howard/Hill

The Gerald Green thing was a crapshoot.. He's been in & out of the league.. Noone knew he would play like that fot the Nets, & noone knows if he'll continue it on a new team or if that was just a good fit. I also wish we would have kept him but at the time he didn't look to have any more upside than Ebanks..

Sessions, I agree completely here.. Out of all of our starters, Nash's health worries me the most. Not just the potential for serious injury but his ongoing back issues that can at times really limit his minutes.. Both sides look like fools.. Ramon from leaving a championship team & us for not matching the extra 500k the Lolcats offered.. If we had a capable backup like Sesh, Blake would be dumped for a future 2nd & there would be no questions about our bench.

I don't think we'll be hurt much by Ebanks as the primary backup.. If he struggles too badly, we just slide Kobe to SF some & give Meeks more minutes. This strategy has paid off big in the past with shooters like Sasha & would be great for spacing.
LakersN4

Re: Matt Barnes To The Celtics? (Pg. 4)

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am

Matt Barnes To The Celtics?

Mike Cerra
Sep 6th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

You read that right; the Celtics are supposedly interested in Matt Barnes and vise versa. Barnes, an aging small forward, may be a good fit in Boston. Personally, I’d prefer size instead. One thing that I’m sure fans will start asking is how much do we pay him?

I highly doubt the Celtics will offer Barnes the bi-annual exception worth $2 million, but they do have the option of signing him to a veteran’s minimum. Another thing that sticks out to me is his attitude and the way he caries himself. In the last few years we’ve had players who were high maintenance off the court. But if he is willing to come in with the right attitude and mindset, I wouldn’t mind having him.

He’s another player to help cover LeBron, and if he does join the team, it may indicate what the Celtics might do with Jeff Green this season. Two years ago the Celtics played Green at power forward, adding Barnes who is a small forward may allow Boston to play Green at either position.

Without going too deep into speculation, the outcome of having Barnes joining Boston could give the Celtics the option to have Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox backup Brandon Bass at power forward, and have Kevin Garnett, Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger, and Jason Collins playing at center. This not only helps the Celtics depth, but it also gives Doc Rivers flexibility with the roster.

Here is a snip from the original source from Rant Sports -

BOSTON- The NBA rumors are again taking on a Boston Celtics flavor. During a recent interview Los Angeles Lakers free agent small forward Matt Barnes let the world know that he is a free agent and talking to a few other teams besides the Lakers. One of the NBA teams rumored to be in the mix for Barnes services are the Boston Celtics.

Right now I’d take this rumor with a grain of salt. Even though the rumor is starting to make the rounds on social media, I don’t know the legitimacy and credibility of the source, but it’s creating a buzz around Celtics Nation nonetheless.

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2012/09/06/r ... to-boston/
Kobe8Fan

Postby nameant on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am

During a recent interview Los Angeles Lakers free agent small forward Matt Barnes let the world know that he is a free agent

Is there such thing as a Los Angeles Lakers free agent (that isn't restricted of course)? Who wrote this? If the guy is a free agent, HE ISN'T ON AN NBA TEAM.
nameant

Re: Matt Barnes considers selling his soul? (Pg. 4)

Postby Juronimo on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am

The evil empire? Really?

Well they are known for bringing in the misfits of the NBA so who knows maybe he'll fit in there, but really? The evil empire? :bang:

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 am

Take him. Seriously, he fits into their crappy city. He's a good teammate and seems like a good guy but trouble seems to follow him and those are the kinds of people you should try to stay away from. I think we'll see better chemistry without him honestly.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:25 am

Guy's gotta feed his family...so if the Lakers aren't interested, he'll go wherever the work is.

Personally, I would still prefer him over Ebanks. Barnes is a player who gives high energy and high effort...he has a motor...that's really hard to find. I know Devin doesn't have it.

Is Barnes flawed...yes, but if healthy, he's an asset.
kray28

Postby Center Court on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:37 am

Like Kray said, Barnes > Ebanks until Ebanks proves otherwise.

Let Barnes go to Boston and let's sign Pietrus. Seems like a fair swap to me :jam2:
Center Court

Postby noobiew on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:01 am

From Pietrus to Barnes, this is a downgrade from Boston Celtics ! :man9:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Center Court on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 am

noobiew wrote:From Pietrus to Barnes, this is a downgrade from Boston Celtics ! :man9:

but they've drastically improved everywhere else...

Garnett/Sullinger/Melo
Bass/Green
Pierce/Barnes
Lee/Terry
Rondo/Bradley

if the Barnes signing goes down, that's a really good bench.
Center Court

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 am

I wish him the best, he gets more crap around here than he deserves. I always thought he was a bargain, and loved his effort, and movement off the ball. it's unfortunate that our bench was so bad that he was our best bench player by default. I think he will excel in a role where he's at the end of a rotation.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 am

Crazy to think that guys like Luke Walton and Adam Morrison, were making 5 million more a year than this guy....for absolutely NOTHING!!!!
LAKEROC

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Uggghh! I would hate that.....him on same roster with the psycho Garnett mentality when we face them. I agree he was great for us at the price although unfortunately common injuries....ankles....anything else?.....took him out of regular season form 2 years in a row, just in time for playoffs. They seemed to take his shooting skills as well as hampering the great mobility and effectiveness he had for us around the rim when healthy.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:56 pm

After being on the fence about Barnes, I'm fine with this if it goes down. As much as I hate Those Guys, it seems like a good fit for Matt actually. And if he helps them to beat the CHEAT then more power to them both.

While I agree with Kray that at this moment Barnes is better than Ebanks, the time has really come for us to either fish or cut bait with Devin. If we kept Barnes then Brown would play him over Ebanks and we'd never develop him or see what he is capable of. Ebanks is on a one year contract so it's the right time to see what he's got.

In Ebanks' favor - he's got youth and athleticism, two things that we are in short supply of on our team. We could definitely use his length on a guy like Durant in our rotation behind Artest. Ebanks has shown that he has some promise in that department.

Barnes can't guard Durant. We've seen that. Barnes can't guard Lebronze either. Those are the two premiere SF's that we're going to have to deal with if we want to win it all. Ebanks can't stop Lebronze either, but he can bother Durant at least, which is where we'll need the help the most. Ron Ron used to be able to handle Durant pretty well, but last year he got kind of torched. While Ebanks will take some developing, he could be our kind of Sefalosha type defensive guy to throw at Durant just as they throw Sef at Kobe. Of course Sef is a much better and more developed player at this point in time. But over the next couple years I could see Ebanks getting to that level, and maybe surpassing Sef . . . at least on the offensive end.

I think Devin is worth it. Obviously the FO does, too, or he wouldn't have gotten the QO. I'm glad he's got this year to see what he's capable of. Hopefully it pays off for both him and us.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm

if he improves boston so they can have a better chance against the heat i dont care. he aint coming back to the lakers so anywhere but the heat is fine with me. he was good for us just had VERY bad luck with injuries at the worst time.
Ariza3

Postby KB24 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:10 pm

nameant wrote:
During a recent interview Los Angeles Lakers free agent small forward Matt Barnes let the world know that he is a free agent

Is there such thing as a Los Angeles Lakers free agent (that isn't restricted of course)? Who wrote this? If the guy is a free agent, HE ISN'T ON AN NBA TEAM.

:man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LooN3y on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:30 pm

lakersStan24 wrote:Like others have said give Devin Ebanks a shot, Andre Gouledlock too, barnes is terrible he's gettin like luie walton seriously Lakers don't waste money on him

luke walton? :man10:
LooN3y

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion