Blake Griffin Feeling 100% Recovered From Knee Surgery

Re: Blake Griffin Hurt His Knee

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Clevername wrote:This may be a stupid question as I'm not following this closely, but Is Kevin Love not available?

He's on the team...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Durant can play the 4 vs FIBA level of play.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Congo Cash on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Injury-prone...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Just signed an extension with the Clippers and hurts his knee again? Shoulda got out while you could kid

Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Psychobroker wrote:Durant can play the 4 vs FIBA level of play.

They were thinking of using him at the 5 for streches I believe.
Edit: Griffin, not Durant.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Very sad for Blake Griffin and for TEAM USA. I want the strongest team we can field out there.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Blake Griffin has meniscus tear in left knee, to have surgery, will be ready for season, no Olympics:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-griffin-tear-20120712,0,2412273.story
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:25 pm

He may never be the same again. Drew had the same injury I believe, but he doesn't rely on athleticism. Griffin does.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Apparently I also read a tweet a couple of hours ago saying that Blake woke up with a lot of swelling and discomfort in the knee.

Not good at all for Clipper Nation especially after he just signed his huge extension yesterday.

Understatement of the year or next half decade for the Clippers. This will further influence Darth to push for new rules for US Olympic rosters, pushed for by all the owners who hate being exposed to this type of risk to their uber expensive players.
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:48 pm

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Clippers confirm LA Times report of torn meniscus, no Olympics for Blake Griffin: http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/blake-griffin-injury-update-surgery-120712.html
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm

ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

Clippers source on Griffin's injury: "He dodged a bullet. It's not a new injury. It's not an ACL. Should be a 4-6 week recovery"
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Re: Griffin

Postby JUST-MING on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 pm

JUST-MING

Postby Murdock on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:Very sad for Blake Griffin and for TEAM USA. I want the strongest team we can field out there.

Actually USA is stronger with Davis ... Griffin would be sooooo exposed in international game ...
Last edited by Murdock on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:08 am

Biff never should have been on the team to begin with, Davis is much better FIBA material.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 am

That's terrible news. Hope he fully recovers.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 am

Davis seems like a better fit, but he doesn't have the experience to compete on such a grand stage. Griffin would have been useful for his post-up game (even if it is just face-up and spin 90% of the time). Sad day for Clipper Nation; hope he recovers fully.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:00 am

that's two knee injuries now...a Griffin that can't jump = useless
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 am

pound4pound1 wrote:that's two knee injuries now...a Griffin that can't jump = bynum?(no bynum has a back to the basket game yep useless :man10: 95million more reasons :man12:
PurpleNGold1

Postby The Rock on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:48 pm

I don't wish injury on anyone not named Devean George, but honestly the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this was -- karma. He's a douche on a team full of them. Hopefully he can recover or his career is in jeopardy. If he loses any of his athleticism, he's in a whole lot of trouble.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Blake Griffin Feeling 100% Recovered From Knee Surgery

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 am

Blake Griffin Feeling 100 Percent Recovered From Knee Surgery

Griffin's knee is just about 100%, he says the Clippers should contend for a title, and he can't wait to face the Lakers.

By Broderick Turner
August 24, 2012, 7:10 p.m.

The excitement in Blake Griffin's voice was easy to hear, and it wasn't just because his left knee feels great after the surgery that forced him to miss the Olympics.

Griffin was excited about the deals the Clippers made over the summer, about signing his long-term contract and about their chances to contend for a title, and he's also looking forward to playing the new-look Lakers.

There is joy in Clippers Nation, Griffin concluded, because the Clippers continued to take the steps necessary to remain relevant in the NBA and to change a team culture that was notorious for its shortcomings.

"I came back after surgery and started rehabbing and getting back into it. I've been shooting and lifting [weights] and all that for a while now," Griffin told The Times in telephone interview Friday. "So, I'm pretty much back at 100%, been back at 100% for a little bit. So I'm good."

The Clippers start training camp Oct. 1, which Griffin says is more than enough time for him to train and improve his health and his game.

He was injured July 11 while training with Team USA in Las Vegas, ending his chance to represent his country at the Olympics. Griffin had surgery July 16 to repair torn cartilage in his left knee and it has healed to the point where he is working out.

Fortunately for Griffin and the Clippers, the latest knee injury had nothing to do with the stress fracture of his left patella, and the subsequent surgery, that forced him to miss the 2009-10 season.

"In talking to my doctor, he told me if this was the season and the playoffs were coming up, I would have been out two or three weeks," Griffin said. "We're kind of taking our time with it and really making sure we meet every single area and making sure that my strength is 100% back to where it needs to be.

"But it's been there for two or three weeks now. So, really, I'm just kind of working myself into condition and still getting my basketball work in and getting my lifts in."

During the summer, while the Clippers were busy re-signing Chauncey Billups, and acquiring Lamar Odom from the Dallas Mavericks and landing free agents Jamal Crawford, Grant Hill, Willie Green, Ronny Turiaf and Ryan Hollins, Griffin was ecstatic.

The Clippers have now become a "free-agent destination," Griffin said.

"Of course, to be honest, everybody knows the state that the Clippers were in, or have been in, for the last however many years," Griffin said. "I think that shows a lot about where we're at and where we're going, that guys want to play here and that guys want to buy in. You've got a guy like Grant Hill who is at the end of his career and he chose us.

"So, I think we can be very good. I think we can contend in the West and for a championship."

Last season the Clippers made it to the second round of the playoffs after having the best regular-season winning percentage in the franchise's history.

And the newest Clippers said they all came because of the opportunity to play with Griffin and Chris Paul.

Griffin helped the cause by signing a five-year extension in July that could be worth up to $95 million.

"With the moves that the front office made — and now with Gary Sacks, who hopefully steps into that GM role — that made it easy for me and I think this is the place where everybody wants to come," Griffin said.

Griffin continued to speak glowingly about Sacks, the Clippers' director of player personnel, who played a pivotal role in building the team this summer. Sacks remains the top candidate to replace Neil Olshey, who jumped to the Portland Trail Blazers, as the Clippers' general manager.

"I think Gary has a great relationship with all the players and the players like him," Griffin said. "If he is finally named GM, I think that's just the icing on the cake of having a franchise that is complete."

Of course, the Clippers' neighbors at Staples Center also pulled off some big deals this summer, and even Griffin had to notice.

The Lakers acquired center Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic — and it sent shock waves throughout the NBA. And this was after the Lakers added Steve Nash.

But that doesn't mean Griffin or the Clippers are backing down from the challenge the Lakers — or any team in the NBA — presents.

"It's great for them," Griffin said about the Lakers landing Howard. "But just like people said when we got 'CP,' they've still got to play — just like we did. It's a great acquisition for them. That makes them even tougher. But I think we got tougher as well."

broderick.turner@latimes.com

twitter.com/BA_Turner

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... ?track=rss
Kobe8Fan

Postby Clevername on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Good. I want to play a healthy Clippers team. It'll be that much sweeter when we dominate Staples Center. :jam2:
Clevername

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Can't wait to see Griffin's lack of a post game, 15 footer, defense, FT shooting next season.......

Ohh and the date that he and Howard have at the rim when that offensive foul arm bar has no effect and D12 sends that s*** into the 3rd row.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Can't wait to see Griffin's lack of a post game, 15 footer, defense, FT shooting next season.......

Ohh and the date that he and Howard have at the rim when that offensive foul arm bar has no effect and D12 sends that s*** into the 3rd row.

I don't think Griffin is dumb enough to challenge Dwight at the rim like that, but I hope he is. And on the other side? Oh :man10: Dwight is going to take apart Jordan and Griffin. Like tissue paper.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 pm

I've never liked this kid. Glad he's feeling better. Now we can whoop on him good.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion