Blake Griffin Hires Shooting Coach, Admits Mental Issues

Re: Blake Griffin Hires Shooting Coach, Admits Mental Issues

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am

purp n gold wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:This is exactly why I don't think he'll make much noise in the league for very long. His game is more dependent on his athleticism than any of the premiere players in the league, and on top of that, he's quite injury prone.

This has been said for many players in the past, but I can't think of anyone who perpetuates this notion more than Blake Griffin. If Blake knew how to hedge a pick he wouldn't have gotten injured for the Olympics.

Fixed.

Guys like Deandre Jordan and Javale McGee are also ultra dependent on their athleticism.

I agree with you guys though and I've been saying it. He's going to crash and burn soon if he doesn't diversify his game. Not to mention, injuries are going to start sapping that athleticism pretty quickly here and he's going to be an afterthought fairly quickly.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:30 am

that article SUCKED! Where does it discuss mental issues? Why does it jump from subject to subject without a transition? Why is it so annoying to read through?
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Congo Cash on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 am

Besides dunking and grabbing rebounds, I don't see any other redeeming qualities he has...

Can't shoot jumpers or FTs, can't post, can't play D, can't block shots, etc...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion