Blazers hire Terry Stotts as head coach

Blazers hire Terry Stotts as head coach

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Portland Trail Blazers hire Terry Stotts as head coach - ESPN

Blazers hire Terry Stotts as coach

The Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday named Mavericks assistant Terry Stotts as the team's head coach.

"I'm very pleased to be a part of a great franchise in a beautiful city with such a proud history," Stotts said in a statement released by the Blazers. "I look forward to working hard with Neil and our players toward the ultimate goal of bringing another championship to Portland."

Stotts, 54, is 114-168 in four seasons as coach of the Atlanta Hawks and Milwaukee Bucks. He spent the past four season as an assistant with the Mavericks.

"Terry is one of the elite offensive minds in the NBA, has extensive experience with multiple organizations and was instrumental in the Dallas Mavericks winning the 2011 NBA Championship," Blazers GM Neil Olshey said in a statement. "He understands the vision for the future of the franchise, appreciates the process involved and will create an environment on the court that will produce championship habits."

Stotts was one of two finalists for the job, along with interim Blazers coach Kaleb Canales, a source close to the situation confirmed last week.

After Stotts' initial interview, Mavericks coach Carlisle gave Stotts a ringing endorsement, telling The Oregonian, "Of all the coaches presently in play, Terry is by far the best available."
Basketball Fan

Re: Blazers hire Terry Stotts as head coach

Postby JSM on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

He sucked in Atlanta, he'll suck in Portland. Bad hire.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby 432J on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 pm

terrible hire. he's lost everywhere he's coached
432J

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 pm

This is the dude that bearhugged Matt after that incident between Terry and Blake. :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 pm

TERRIBLE hire. I'm glad because I do not like the Blazers. :jam2:
FabFourLakers

Postby Basketball Fan on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Honestly I had no idea who he was so I'm surprised to hear how everyone say he's terrible but I guess its hard to find someone that wants to coach the Blazers with how cursed that franchise is.
Basketball Fan

Return to NBA Discussion