Bobcats

Bobcats

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:30 pm

I was thinking about them, just because they are the most mysterious team that none of us know much about and won't until next summer.

Several question arise when I think about the Bobcats future.
Who will play for them?
Who will be their coach?
Who will be in their front office?
Will they get any good players or will they get leftovers?
What type of reception will they get by the rest of the league?
Will they be any good, If not how many year will it take for them to get good, how many years will it take for them to get a franchise player?
What pick will they get in the draft, and how do they determine how many lottery balls they get for the draft, since they have never played and don't have a record?

I know we won't know any of the answers to these questions until a much, much later date. But the Bobcats are certainly an interesting topic of discussion.

What we do know is their team name, one of the dumbest one's I think I have ever heard of.

Their logo, which is fitting with their name, and is also ugly.

Where they will play, Charlotte, which hasn't been a thriving NBA team for a very long team and seems too have a hard time to sell out games there.

Their owner, who is the owner of BET, this should certainly be interesting.

And that some rumors on the internet have been circulating that Isiah Thomas might or should be a part of their franchise. Keep in mind he was the Raptors vice president of basketball operations, so he knows how to handle a team that is just coming into the NBA. And since getting turned down by MJ was somewhat of a blow to them, they don't know exactly where to turn now.

It is likely that they will get players like S. Walker, Madsen, Rooks, or other players that teams just give them as leftovers from their roster.

I was bored so I thought I would just throw out some thoughts about the future NBA team. And see what yall thought.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:42 pm

The Bobcats will pick players up off waivers and free-agency, and automatically select players from college rather then put them in the draft.

Yeah their logo and name is stupid. Sounds like some stupid AFL or minor league name. I think Bob Johnson will fail or be in some sort of problems. I just can't see him going out of his way to hire non-african people.

I can see him going through the same problems the Detroit Lyons went through with not interviewing certain color people. Just a hunch I have don't call me racist..

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:14 pm

Great thinking about the Bobcats JSM.

I solely think that the Bobcats's roster would be made up of FA picks, leftover scraps from other teams (every team has to relinquish about two or three players to give it to them--the Bobcats get to choose which ones to keep and the rest of the teams could keep the rest), and draft picks and other unknown guy free agents.

I hear that the Bobcats are not going to be a playoff team at any rate, they'll probably start out the way Utah is starting out right now (if you could imagine that).

As for their coach situation, just this morning I heard that Isiah Thomas might be their new head coach for any given reason.

Their owner won't be Michael Jordan but some millionaire fanatic.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:51 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Great thinking about the Bobcats JSM.

I solely think that the Bobcats's roster would be made up of FA picks, leftover scraps from other teams (every team has to relinquish about two or three players to give it to them--the Bobcats get to choose which ones to keep and the rest of the teams could keep the rest), and draft picks and other unknown guy free agents.

I hear that the Bobcats are not going to be a playoff team at any rate, they'll probably start out the way Utah is starting out right now (if you could imagine that).

As for their coach situation, just this morning I heard that Isiah Thomas might be their new head coach for any given reason.

Their owner won't be Michael Jordan but some millionaire fanatic.

I heard Kobe and KG will flood to Charlotte and rule the eastern conference :jam2:
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:38 pm

Yea me too... :man1:

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Return to NBA Discussion