Brad Miller to the Kings

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:26 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:Yeah I hear you both, though they are all capable of scoring 25+ their numbers will fall way below that. No biggie As long as this talent is managed better than up in Portland we should be fine. And with PJ as our coach I know we will :jam2:

Yea they are all capable of putting that ball in the hoop, if they all average 20pts a game then its all good!!! One of the 4 will score everytime!!! Just image!! Shaq gets double.... who is open??? Kobe, Malone, Payton or SF. If they double off the SF, that SF will not be able to help out on Shaq!! Shaq scores!! If off malone!! Malone hits a jumper!!!! If no one doubles payton take it to the hole!!!! DAMMM!!!!! What can other teams do!!?!?!?

Portland doesnt have the same kind of caliber the Lakers have!!! LA will be no Portland!!
Last edited by zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zetaw00d

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:28 pm

echo nation wrote:w/ Kobe and Payton on the perimeter and Malone and Shaq on the inside... there will be plenty of fast breaks, no worries

I agree!!! If they burn by Malone, Shaq gets a block shot or Kobe/Payton will get a steal!! Fastbreak!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:42 pm

Phil talked to both Malone and Payton before they signed....I guarantee one of the underlying topics was team defense. That is why you had both Malone and Payton practically yell out that Showtime will come back next year. They references to running and layups....hello...how does that happen. They will focus more on defense this year, because we know the offense can come from anywhere. They kept preaching defense in the playoffs last year and it let them down. That is why this summer their number one choice was Payton over a PF, which was clearly the glaring weakness we had. They needed defense and that will be the focal point of this year. This year is a whole new ballgame.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:52 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Phil talked to both Malone and Payton before they signed....I guarantee one of the underlying topics was team defense. That is why you had both Malone and Payton practically yell out that Showtime will come back next year. They references to running and layups....hello...how does that happen. They will focus more on defense this year, because we know the offense can come from anywhere. They kept preaching defense in the playoffs last year and it let them down. That is why this summer their number one choice was Payton over a PF, which was clearly the glaring weakness we had. They needed defense and that will be the focal point of this year. This year is a whole new ballgame.

I agree!! Hahha, it was a good choice for Payton over a PF!!! Then Malone came also!!! ahhaahaa
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:05 pm

Well the deal went down and Miller is now a King, Hedo a Spur adn Pollard a Pacer. Guess there is nothing else to say on this thread.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:06 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Well the deal went down and Miller is now a King, Hedo a Spur adn Pollard a Pacer. Guess there is nothing else to say on this thread.

OMG!! So pacers get the short end of the stick!!! hahahhaha
zetaw00d

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:09 pm

As for the Kings:
Webber... likely ....
Pedja... likely ....
Bibby... good posiblity
Jackson... long shot
Vlade... posiblity
Miller... posibly,
Christie...

Webb........only if healthy
Pdeja........maybe
Bibby........No Way, splittin time(Francis, Marbary, Nash, and GP)
Jaskson....That is a stupid statement
Vlade........Another stupid statement
Miller........Not in the West guy
Christie....First team Defense no way in hell
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion