Brad Miller to the Kings

Brad Miller to the Kings

Postby Zenmaster5 on Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:27 pm

How much truth about the Brad Miller sign and trade involving the Kings/Spurs/Pacers is there? If this deal goes down, will the Kings possibly be able to over power the Lakers in the paint and go on beating them in the playoffs? Any thoughts?

This is where i read about the possible three team trade...
http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/ ... 8-092.html
Zenmaster5

Postby HndsmCelt on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:06 pm

Both the Indy and Sac papers are reporting the deal as all but done. Miller to Sac and Pollard to Indy. Hedo and Mercer go to San Antonio and Ferry goes to Indy with Sac getting the trade exemption.

Bottom line: The Lakers build up a roster of mostly aged "Legends" and the Kings counter with a filed of younger hungerier current all stars. ARCO Arena "Where Legands Die!"
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:15 pm

Nope...you got it wrong...Arco Arena where Game 7s become a nightmare for the Queens.

Brad Miller is a joke.....just kidding...I'm just being a hater!!

Miller is a good pick for what is left.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:32 am

HndsmCelt wrote:Both the Indy and Sac papers are reporting the deal as all but done. Miller to Sac and Pollard to Indy. Hedo and Mercer go to San Antonio and Ferry goes to Indy with Sac getting the trade exemption.

Bottom line: The Lakers build up a roster of mostly aged "Legends" and the Kings counter with a filed of younger hungerier current all stars. ARCO Arena "Where Legands Die!"

Brad Miller is the answer to your prayers??????? and you give up Hedo and Pollard, plus your talkin Keon for Kurt Thomas??????you still my lose J.J. ........how exactly are you better???????You just made S.A. better i can tell you that, you just made your selves the third best team, maybe forth after the Wolves offseason :man7:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:37 am

and who do you think is gonna make the All-Star team next year???

C-Webb........nope, prob wont play a game til after the All-star break
Bibby............nope, spittin time with B Jackson
Miller.............nope, hahah please not in the West
Cristie...........nope
Peja..............maybe

where exactly is your team of All-Stars
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:26 am

Peja should make the team... i will be disappoitned if he doesnt
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:10 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Both the Indy and Sac papers are reporting the deal as all but done. Miller to Sac and Pollard to Indy. Hedo and Mercer go to San Antonio and Ferry goes to Indy with Sac getting the trade exemption.

ARCO Arena "Where Free Throw bricks are laid"!!

Aged "Legends" hahahah Kobe is 24, Shaq is 31, Payton 35 and Malone 40

Queens - Vlade 35, Webber 30, Jackson 30, Christie 33 and Peja 26

hahaha I bet the Laker four make the All star and the kings only get one!! Thats a maybe for the kings to make one all star!!!
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:36 pm

zetaw00d wrote:

hahaha I bet the Laker four make the All star and the kings only get one!! Thats a maybe for the kings to make one all star!!!

% and the Kings counter with a filed of younger hungerier current all stars. ARCO Arena "Where Legands Die!"[/quote]

hahaha I bet the Laker four make the All star and the kings only get one!! Thats a maybe for the kings to make one all star!!![/quote]

You missed my point, or perhaps made it for me. Miller is the logical succesor to the aging Divac. and since he shoots 81% at the line the number of bricks will drop. so what ewe looking at is:
Miller 27, Webber 30, Bibby 25, Pedaj 26 and Christie 33 (backed up by a 21 yo Wallace)

Shaq is a shoe in for the all stars, and so is Kobe if he is not locked up. As for the Jurasic twins, any votes they get will be on past reputations not on this years play.

As for the Kings:
Webb0D
You missed my point, or perhaps made it for me. Miller is the logical succesor to the aging Divac. and since he shoots 81% at the line the number of bricks will drop. so what ewe looking at is:
Miller 27, Webber 30, Bibby 25, Pedaj 26 and Christie 33 (backed up by a 21 yo Wallace)

Shaq is a shoe in for the all stars, and so is Kobe if he is not locked up. As for the Jurasic twins, any votes they get will be on past reputations not on this years play.

As for the Kings:
Webber... likely
Pedja... likely
Bibby... good posiblity
Jackson... long shot
Vlade... posiblity
Miller... posibly, depending on play may well be a coaches pick
Christie... shoe in for all defensive first team again.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:46 pm

Webb will probably make it to the All-star game :jam2:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:33 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:You missed my point, or perhaps made it for me. Miller is the logical succesor to the aging Divac. and since he shoots 81% at the line the number of bricks will drop. so what ewe looking at is:

As for the Kings:
Webb0D

As for the Kings:
Webber... likely
Pedja... likely
Bibby... good posiblity
Jackson... long shot
Vlade... posiblity
Miller... posibly, depending on play may well be a coaches pick
Christie... shoe in for all defensive first team again.

Malone 20.6 pt, 7.80 rebs, 4.7 ast.
Payton 20.4 pt, 4.20 rebs, 8.3 ast., 1.66 st.

Pretty good stats for some old guys!!!! Payton will lead league in assists next year and will be in top 10 for steals!!! Bibby Allstar?? ahhaha there are more good PGs then him!! Lets say Francis, Marbury, Nash, Dre Miller, Cassell!!!! For Peja, there are Sprewell, Marion, Jamison, Dirk (could be PF also), Carmelo. Brad Miller and Flobe wont make it only of 2 reasons!! Shaq and Yao!!! The Lakers Big 4 have made the all star and will be again this year!!!! If not starters then they will be coming off the bench!!! All 4 are goin to be hall of famers!! DAMMM
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:44 pm

Do you honestly think Malone and Payton will put up these numbers THIS year?
If you do then you have a serious deficency in matamatics. Take a look at your stat sheets and figgure out how amy shots per game the Lkers average asa team (probalby just over 100) now divide that evenly by four and you get something like 25 shots per player then look at ther averages individualy and you will find that Kobe will be giving up somou honestly think Malone and Payton will put up these numbers THIS year?
If you do then you have a serious deficency in matamatics. Take a look at your stat sheets and figgure out how amy shots per game the Lkers average asa team (probalby just over 100) now divide that evenly by four and you get something like 25 shots per player then look at ther averages individualy and you will find that Kobe will be giving up something like 20 shots, Shaq 10 and Malone 10. The 35% sharp shooter Payton would be giving up more like 25 of his shots. get it yet? Next year expect Malone to average 10 shots and aobut 6-7 boards. Payton 10 points and maybe 4 assists per game. Or do you prefer Shaq and Kobe give up more shots?
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:48 pm

I don't care about stats, I just care about winning Kobe can average 20 and I'll be happy.
Danny Ainge

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:52 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Do you honestly think Malone and Payton will put up these numbers THIS year?
If you do then you have a serious deficency in matamatics. Take a look at your stat sheets and figgure out how amy shots per game the Lkers average asa team (probalby just over 100) now divide that evenly by four and you get something like 25 shots per player then look at ther averages individualy and you will find that Kobe will be giving up somou honestly think Malone and Payton will put up these numbers THIS year?
If you do then you have a serious deficency in matamatics. Take a look at your stat sheets and figgure out how amy shots per game the Lkers average asa team (probalby just over 100) now divide that evenly by four and you get something like 25 shots per player then look at ther averages individualy and you will find that Kobe will be giving up something like 20 shots, Shaq 10 and Malone 10. The 35% sharp shooter Payton would be giving up more like 25 of his shots. get it yet? Next year expect Malone to average 10 shots and aobut 6-7 boards. Payton 10 points and maybe 4 assists per game. Or do you prefer Shaq and Kobe give up more shots?

hahah!!! Missed my point!! I know they will not score that many points!!!! I was just stating that they are capable of those stats, because you said they were old!!! Those stats were from last year!!!! 4 assist a game!!! OMG :man7: Think about that!! Dont really matter payton said that he will lead the league in assists. He thats payton saying that!! Well ill remember this and hope you are around here when the season starts!!!! And no i dont have a serious deficency in matamatics. Do you have a serious deficency in basketball???? 4 assists!!! DAMM
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:56 pm

I hear you DA,a nd for the Lakers sake I hope Kobe does as well. But my point is the ridiculousness of the idea some folks have that packing a team with a bunch of scorers means you cna just ad up their averages and expect that kind of scring from the team. That mistaken belife has built more than a few teams that proved to be disapointments. If the Lakers pull this one off, and they might be the first, it will NOT beceause Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton all score their averags. Some folks will definatly be seeing their stats r you DA,a nd for the Lakers sake I hope Kobe does as well. But my point is the ridiculousness of the idea some folks have that packing a team with a bunch of scorers means you cna just ad up their averages and expect that kind of scring from the team. That mistaken belife has built more than a few teams that proved to be disapointments. If the Lakers pull this one off, and they might be the first, it will NOT beceause Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton all score their averags. Some folks will definatly be seeing their stats drop... has to happen. To be successfull the 4 big guys will have to park their egos forget theri stats and play like a team. Bob Horry and I are still skeptical.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:01 pm

Dude the point is that they all will not score over 25 a game, but anyone of them can score!!! So if Kobe is having a bad night then you have 3 other scorers!!! All 4 players will need to be double or they will score!!!
zetaw00d

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:04 pm

and then you got

Rush and Pargo

Fisher and Fox

Cook and Walton

Mad Dog and Med Dog
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:06 pm

Yeah I hear you both, though they are all capable of scoring 25+ their numbers will fall way below that. No biggie As long as this talent is managed better than up in Portland we should be fine. And with PJ as our coach I know we will :jam2:
Danny Ainge

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:07 pm

I'll be arround. Dont expect too much from Payton, not just beceause he is getting old, but beceause IF the Lakers actualy use the tianagle effectivly to get the open man the ball, then the assists get spread out. When you have one or two main scorers and a Pg who looks to pass first shoot second like Stockton, then running up the assists is much easier. I'll stand by the 4 per game, and you had better pary ofr it other wise it's back to passes to Kobe that end at Kobe for better or worse,a dn wwe all know that is not what Shaq, Malone, Payton and Jackson want to see.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:10 pm

I totally agree but keep in mind that the fast break will enable Payton to get some easy assists and buckets.
Danny Ainge

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:12 pm

3 scorers and on pg that looks to pass first = 8- 11 ast. per game or he will be averaging 20 pts a game!!
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:14 pm

Good point on the fast break, but outside of Kobe and maybe George not much fast going on to break. Maybe i'll change that assist average to 5 :man1:
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:19 pm

i can see payton in the same line up with Rush or Pargo

teach em a few things on the floor
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:21 pm

Malone and a fit shaq will be running on the break!!!! I have seen shaq run on breaks, sometimes he takes it himself!!! Malone is fit!!
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:22 pm

You will get no argument from me on how fit Malone is at 40... but he is 40.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:22 pm

w/ Kobe and Payton on the perimeter and Malone and Shaq on the inside... there will be plenty of fast breaks, no worries
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Next

Return to NBA Discussion