Brand out 4-6 weeks; analyzing lousy Clippers

Brand out 4-6 weeks; analyzing lousy Clippers

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:59 pm

First off the news, before I start jabbering what's coming up on top of my very head.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1650608

Los Angeles Clippers forward Elton Brand sustained a hairline fracture in his right foot during the Clippers' season-opening loss to Seattle in Japan.

He is expected to be out four to six weeks, the team said Thursday.

Okay. There it is. Now you may be saying, "What is"...because you know I can read your mind. Nah, just playin'...to the subject, Brand had 21 points and 8 blocks in the Tokyo game. Not 8 rebounds, guys, 8 blocks. And considering the Clippers gave up 109 points and Brand had 8 blocks...all the other guys must have played real lousy D. No way in hell would the Sonics shoot the lights out. There's the story line of the game. The only guy I was impressed with was Eddie House, 22 points and six assists...ballhogging off the bench. Corey Maggette was also a bright spot, but when Brand is the only guy who hustles and plays D and he suddenly goes down, then your team is in trouble. Analyzing the Clipper roster, I really don't see any adequate replacement, unless Chris Wilcox and Melvin Ely can step it up as PF. I look for the former; Wilcox is a young guy who really has offensive talent...very much potential, even more than white boy Christopher Kaman. There may be no D, but I expect under Dunleavy, the Clips are gonna play until their hearts are torn apart and they're all screaming for mercy under their new coach. The Clips have talent, not so much as last year, but they have no go-to guy. I'm not a fan of Maggette, and definitely Brand is their soul of the franchise.Now that he's gone, it's hard to see the Clips winning--again.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:39 pm

ya i heard about that...this really sucks..the clips have been plagued by injuries these past years, and just whn i thot theyd actually do well brand comes in injured...maybe at least this will allow kaman to operate and get more PT

but this really sucks
shaqpak34

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:24 pm

but they beated Denver by 2 points at Denver....overtime...Chris Wilcox looks as if he can fill in for Brand for the time being...
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:26 pm

That happened about 2 weeks ago.

Did anyone watch the game against the Nuggets?

Return to NBA Discussion