Bynum Discussion

Re: 76ers To Sit Drew Until He Has No Pain In Knee (Pg. 3)

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm

people are still trying to say bynum is dependable? Give it up Bynum lovers. the guy is always hurt. He's yet to play 82 games in a season
Johnnyboy

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:57 pm

I still can't believe we got Dwight Howard for Andre Bynum :man10: :man10:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:people are still trying to say bynum is dependable? Give it up Bynum lovers. the guy is always hurt. He's yet to play 82 games in a season

Bynum played every game last year except for one. He hasn't really had a serious injury since 2010. That's nearly three years ago. This is not something that's gonna keep him out for that long so I don't see what the big deal is. Philly is just trying to make sure he's healthy before they bring him out. Don't wanna risk bringing him back too early and him suffering a more serious injury and missing even more time.

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I still can't believe we got Dwight Howard for Andre Bynum :man10: :man10:

Why is it so hard to believe? Bynum is still easily the second best center in the game. It's not like we gave up some scrub. We gave up a guy who is a terrific player, an All Star, and a potential superstar. To act like we just gave up nothing for Howard is ridiculous.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Even if you believe Bynum is the 2nd best center the gap between #1 and #2 is massive so it's not saying much.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion

Postby KB&AB on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:22 pm

PHILADELPHIA - Working together for NBC at the Olympics, 76ers coach Doug Collins and Boston coach Doc Rivers caught up over dinner, talking hoops and sizing up the best big men in the NBA.

Little did Rivers know, Collins was keeping a secret , a 7-foot sized one.

"He said, `Who do you struggle with?' I said, `Bynum,'" Rivers said with a smile. "Doug almost choked on his soup. He knew the next day they were about to get him. It was pretty funny. I didn't appreciate it, but it was pretty funny."

After a surprising run to the Eastern Conference semifinals allowed Philadelphia to shed a decade of mediocre basketball, the organization took a giant step in the summer, acquiring center Andrew Bynum from the Los Angeles Lakers, easily their most talented man in the middle since Moses Malone , and the best one in the East.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... sthem.html
KB&AB

Postby Scnottaken on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:people are still trying to say bynum is dependable? Give it up Bynum lovers. the guy is always hurt. He's yet to play 82 games in a season

Bynum played every game last year except for one. He hasn't really had a serious injury since 2010. That's nearly three years ago. This is not something that's gonna keep him out for that long so I don't see what the big deal is. Philly is just trying to make sure he's healthy before they bring him out. Don't wanna risk bringing him back too early and him suffering a more serious injury and missing even more time.

Well he missed games due to suspension. . .
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby The Rock on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 am

Its his birthday!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:42 pm

I find it strange that DiLeo says that they'll rest Drew until he's "pain free". After 7 years in the NBA, and 2 knee surgeries, can you ever be pain free? Sounds like they're being overly conservative. And they're not the only ones. It seems like the Derek Rose incident last year is changing the way organizations handle injuries.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Re: Another Injection For Drew (Pg. 2)

Postby KB24 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:45 pm

revgen wrote:
KB24 wrote:
revgen wrote:It's probably that injection he got before the all-star break last season. IIRC he gets that done twice a year as a regular maintenance procedure.

its probably his knees just aren't right.

The 76ers claim they're keeping Bynum out for 3 weeks as a "precautionary measure". If they keep him out longer, then I'll agree with you.

still not worried? its been almost 5 weeks now...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:09 pm

ugh

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Glorious.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:04 pm

MadMax

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:56 pm

KB24 wrote:
revgen wrote:
KB24 wrote:
revgen wrote:It's probably that injection he got before the all-star break last season. IIRC he gets that done twice a year as a regular maintenance procedure.

The 76ers claim they're keeping Bynum out for 3 weeks as a "precautionary measure". If they keep him out longer, then I'll agree with you.

lol...KB24 calling out fools.
FabFourLakers

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 pm

KB24 wrote:
revgen wrote:
KB24 wrote:

I agree. It's definitely not "precautionary" anymore. The 76ers have since changed their tune to "well we aren't going to let him play until he's pain-free". Which is pretty confusing to me. How many players who have played professional basketball for 7 years can claim to be pain free? Much less a player who had two knee surgeries? The newspapers are claiming that he has "knee discomfort". What's that exactly? Can he play on it without making it worse? It's hard to tell what the hell they're talking about. Bynum himself has told reporters that he could play if the team really needed him. No real straight answers coming forth.

Judging from the quotes from Bynum and the rest of the 76ers players and staff it looks like they are trying to prevent a Derek Rose situation from happening. The whole league seems to be ultra-conservative this year with their high-value players. From Granger, Ginobli, the two Denver players who missed the 76ers Nuggets game, etc, etc. Makes me wonder if the owners got together and had a secret handshake meeting and said "if you don't play your guy when he's hurt, I won't play mine".
Last edited by revgen on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Philly fans are only going to be patient for so long. Soon you'll start hearing boos and colorful commentary. Philly is not a town you can heal on company time. They are going to give Bynum enough time until the Sixers start losing because they don't want to break Drew's confidence just yet.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:24 am

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2012/10/andrew-bynum-dresses-as-pimp-for-halloween-pic/

At Evan Turner's Halloween Party dressed as a pimp. This is probably the only time where the fro doesn't look terrible.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:27 am

76er fans will be fine as long as the team is winning... if and when they start struggling they'll start asking questions.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Well this idiot better get back soon because he's on my fantasy team. Luckily, I am still killing my opponent without Bynum. But I can only wait for so long right?

Thank GOD he's not our problem any more....
FabFourLakers

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

2 regular season games so far. I haven't watched either of them, but the stat sheet indicates 3 things.

1) Jrue Holiday is looking like he could be a borderline all-star this season. 14 points and 11 assists in the first game. 27 points and 7 dimes in the 2nd game.

2) Evan Turner is not looking like the all-star that Collins and 76ers were hoping for. This is his 1st year starting, so we'll see what happens.

3) They scored 84 points in both games. That's despite their PG handing out 9 assists per game and averaging 20ppg. That doesn't bode well for the future as long as Bynum is out. They held the Nuggets to 75 points, but they weren't so sucessful against the Knicks. Melo and JR Smith killed them.

They're missing Bynum's offense right now for sure. Unless Turner starts showing up, it looks like it's the Jrue Holiday show.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby hoopschick03 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm

I agree. It's definitely not "precautionary" anymore.

Pssst....It was NEVER precautionary!!! :man10: :man10: When has anything having to do with Andrew's knees ever been precautionary?? I get that you love the guy...but come on. I expect Philly to use the 'precautionary' word for their fans. They don't know any better and still have hope. But we know better here in Lakerland...or at least we should.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby hoopschick03 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:42 pm

And one more thing....this soreness crap?? Again, that's just stuff the team is saying for their fans. WE KNOW BETTER. Andrew Bynum is not sitting because his knees are sore. He wore double braces all last season. Think his knees weren't sore then? You're gonna have sore knees wearing double braces. Andrew Bynum is sitting because HE...CAN'T...PLAY. He's injured. Period.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 pm

^So is Drew lying when he says that he could play right now if the team really needed him? Is this a conspiracy theory among Bynum, his agent, and the 76ers brass meant to fool the fans?

If so, then it's an Interesting theory.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby hoopschick03 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Duplicate Comment
Last edited by hoopschick03 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby hoopschick03 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:22 pm

He can't play, Rev. Call it what you want - conspiracy, lies, denial...whatever. But those already tender knees are failing him, they have not responded to the 'precautionary' (I can't even say that with a straight face) injections, and it has prevented him from joining his team and bonding with his new teammates on the court. Now I suppose if it were a dire situation like say the playoffs, he'd suck it up and drag those 'sore' knees out there. But he's getting bi-annual silicon injections, plasma therapy which is also injected, AND he's wearing braces on both knees. Now he needs these injections in order to play and keep the knees from discenigrating to dust. But he got the plasma in Sept, and the silicon in October. It's November...and he's still 'sore.' That's a rather extensive recovery curve. :man3:
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion