Bynum Discussion

Re: Drew Has Done Additional Damage To His Knees By Bowling

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 pm

purp n gold wrote:I can't believe the lack of remorse he has. There's no security in his situation and if in things go very badly, the chance of him being run out of the league in 3-4 years is plausible. It might not be likely, Bynum should at least handle the situation with more care.

But this is his story. Immature & ungrateful for the opportunities he's had. Everything from training with Kareem to winning titles with the Lakers. Hell, Mitch even did him a favor by sending him back to his hometown. And how does he respond? Blow it off and act like a little kid to the press. Bravo, Drew.

I am so very, very glad I don't spend time in my day thinking about Bynum as Laker anymore. Out of sight, out of mind

Yeah.......but.........it's Philly and fans there are kind and forgiving. Plus....at least he's gone out of his way to not look like a silly "Dufus" upon arrival there with the great looking change in hairstyle. It does give the look of being "all business". :man11: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 pm

KB&AB wrote:
432J wrote:he can come back to LA next season and back up dwight

do it mitch :man1:

Lol we will win multiple championships (nash, kobe, gasol, artest, bynum, howard).Top 2 centers in the league on the same team.

Bynum would still find a way to get injured even in a backup role
khmrP

Postby Thenextgreat on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am

Man thank god for the lock out last year...
Thenextgreat

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am

:man10: :man10: I'm sorry, it's not a laughing matter but the current thread title just completely cracked me up.

I feel bad for Drew, but wow, I cannot believe how relieved I am that this is no longer our problem. If there is actually any truth to this (I find it hard to take seriously) then it's once again a demonstration of Bynum's lack of maturity.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:24 am

Drew might be out the season according to Hollinger and this article.....

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
This Bynum story just keeps getting worse. http://delonline.us/TfwjsL
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 am

I'll wait for a "real" doctor to confirm this. If true... best case scenario -> Bogut 2.0. Worst -> Oden 2.0 :bang:
kenzo

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 am

^^ As opposed to the "fake" doctor who gave his opinion?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby OX1947 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 am

Doc Brown wrote:Drew might be out the season according to Hollinger and this article.....

Orlando looks real smart right now. Although I thought the Brooklyn deal was better then what we offered, I think they knew they didnt want to chance their future on an injury prone center or a center that is very good instead of sucking and getting someone great next year.
OX1947

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 am

Doc Brown wrote:^^ As opposed to the "fake" doctor who gave his opinion?

I didn't read the article but i saw one, where a doctor speculated on what is happening (without examining Drew or seeing a MRI). I just assumed it's the same article :man12:
kenzo

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 am

For all of you upset about the Bynum/Howard trade, you should be damn glad we got rid of him. I remember certain people here talkin bout Drew's knees like it was a past issue and that Howard's back was the more serious problem. Not much you guys can say now is there? I mean, c'mon, the man injured it bowling? :man3:
nthydro

Postby Congo Cash on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 am

432J wrote:im so glad the lakers were able to get rid of him

year after year worrying about his knees. enough was enough, i'm glad he's not our problem anymore. i do feel bad in a way but at the same time i dont because it's so clear that he could care less about his knees. we all know drew is not the one to bust his a** off rehabbing to get back out there. he's just saying "oh well, i won 2 rings so at least im getting paid to do nothing."

Ya, I cringe every time he falls down (whether he was hurt or not is irrelevant), the constant fear of him missing 15-20+ games a year is finally gone..
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 am

From CBSPhilly.com

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/former-teammate-says-no-one-likes-basketball-less-than-andrew-bynum/

“I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

“The disclaimer is, I don’t know Andrew like that. From what I hear, he’s a good guy,” Twersky said. “But the fact that I heard this from a guy who has played with him before, it kind of made me think, ‘what’s going on here exactly?’ That’s not the kind of a guy that I necessarily want to be maxing out.”

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 am

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Phil XI on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 am

Phil XI wrote:bowling?

What no frat parties with coeds to carry on your shoulders during rehab?

Imagine if Bynum had 'the hair' in this picture. She have a different look on her face.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby quartzcharm on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am

Glad we don't have to go through this rollercoaster with Bynum anymore.
quartzcharm

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 am

Doc Brown wrote:Drew might be out the season according to Hollinger and this article.....

The site the link sends you to let me look at the article for maybe a second. Luckily, you can still view the article after switching the 1 to a 0 at the end.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby dmaul on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 am

Always felt this guy was a bum. There was a stretch in the 2010-11 season after the all-star break when the team went like 17-1 or something and it was because Bynum decided to focus on rebounding and defense. That was maybe the only time I've liked him in his tenure with the Lakers. The rest of the time he's been a big baby who plays to his ability only when he feels like it.

It's laughable that some people thought his injuries where the result of freak occurrences or that the trajectory of his career would be that he would be healthy later on. At some point, optimism becomes delusion. Not sure how much more body of evidence you would need to be convinced that what you've seen is what you're going to get with this guy. And to think, he would have been part of the cornerstone of this franchise after Kobe - my god, these threads make me grateful we bought low and sold high with Bynum. God bless the front office.
dmaul

Postby nameant on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Perhaps it's seeing Bynum from an outsider's perspective now....but I couldn't imagine wanting to build a franchise around this guy. All the shoulder shrugs and smiles...this kid doesn't care.
nameant

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I find it odd that Bynum is depicted as a player that does not care. Yes to him, basketball is a profession but it did not mean he didn't give a damn. Bynum took to Abdul-Jabbar's tutelage for four years. He could have been something else had he not been injured in that Memphis game. Bynum respected Jackson, by all accounts loved his teammates [see Fisher and Gasol as examples] and did not really cause headaches for management sans last season.

I still remember him as that player standing, yelling, watching the clock intently and trying to fire up the crowd in the 2010 Finals. Any other player would have been miffed as others were there instead of him during crunch time. Bynum was so frustrated with losing that he clocked Barea which I don't condone. He could have been another Joe Barry Carroll or Olowakandi for that matter.

I'd hate to see him shelved for this season as I wanted to see him thrive under Collins and with the Sixers.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm

gcclaker wrote:I find it odd that Bynum is depicted as a player that does not care. Yes to him, basketball is a profession but it did not mean he didn't give a damn. Bynum took to Abdul-Jabbar's tutelage for four years. He could have been something else had he not been injured in that Memphis game. Bynum respected Jackson, by all accounts loved his teammates [see Fisher and Gasol as examples] and did not really cause headaches for management sans last season.

I still remember him as that player standing, yelling, watching the clock intently and trying to fire up the crowd in the 2010 Finals. Any other player would have been miffed as others were there instead of him during crunch time. Bynum was so frustrated with losing that he clocked Barea which I don't condone. He could have been another Joe Barry Carroll or Olowakandi for that matter.

I'd hate to see him shelved for this season as I wanted to see him thrive under Collins and with the Sixers.

well said sir

i would really hate for drew's career to end this way. yes i'm glad the lakers got him off their hands at the right time but no one can deny his contributions to this team over the past 6-7 years. i really hope he makes a recovery and gets back out there. the only thing in question is his attitude towards making a full recovery. there is no doubt he's the 2nd best center in the league when he's healthy and has his head in the game
432J

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 pm

gcclaker wrote:I find it odd that Bynum is depicted as a player that does not care. Yes to him, basketball is a profession but it did not mean he didn't give a damn. Bynum took to Abdul-Jabbar's tutelage for four years. He could have been something else had he not been injured in that Memphis game. Bynum respected Jackson, by all accounts loved his teammates [see Fisher and Gasol as examples] and did not really cause headaches for management sans last season.

I think he used to be motivated and dedicated, before he established himself as a premier player in the league. But now that he has money and recognition, he just doesn't care as much. Maybe that's why he 'fired' Kareem.
nthydro

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

nthydro wrote:

I think he used to be motivated and dedicated, before he established himself as a premier player in the league. But now that he has money and recognition, he just doesn't care as much. Maybe that's why he 'fired' Kareem.

Bynum cut ties with Abdul-Jabbar prior to the 2009 season if I'm correct. He did not really "establish" himself until 2012 where he was the starting center for the West where Brown made him a bigger focal point of the offense. Prior to it, it was more a question of Bynum staying upright the full season.

I think afterwards, it came down to Bynum wanting to lead his own team or at least an even bigger role. I would agree with you that with him having the hardware then it was all about the money and expanding his rep. I can't commend Bynum enough though for playing on one leg against Orlando and that other team we beat for consecutive chips.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Andrew Bynum's agent continues to keep the specifics of his client's knee issue a secret.

All of the publicly available information on Bynum suggests a probable diagnosis of osteochondral lesions says one of the nation's top orthopedic surgeons, a condition that may keep Bynum out for the season.

The condition could heal on its own within four to six months, but that would keep Bynum out until March or April.

The surgeon said that surgery could keep him from playing for up to a year.

Bynum should know whether he needs surgery by December.
The surgeon spoke on condition of anonymity because Bynum is not his patient.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224596/Bynum_Could_Be_Out_Until_March_With_Rest_One_Year_With_Surgery

:man4:
gill

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:45 pm

^Damn... For all his missteps as a pro, I find it disappointing for hear all of this. It will be interesting to find out what really caused it or what complications arose. That is if it would ever be disclosed. I wanted to see Bynum lay waste to the frontcourts out East.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby jjin28 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:53 pm

im beggining to think that kobe knew that Drew was gonna be seriously hurt this year and unable to perform so he had him traded with the upmost urgency. Its a conspiracy man. Kobe tells Bynum to go try the German Procedure he got. Kobe later then calls the Doctor and asks him for the down low. Doctor gives kobe all the info and lets him know that even this high tech procedure aint good enough for Bynum, his knees are totally shot for the now and the long term. Kobe then called mitch, and got it done. I thank kobe for getting him traded. :man1:
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion