Bynum Discussion

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion: Bowling for dollars

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 am

It'll be a sad sad day if BYnum ends up coming back and the Sixers get a top 4 seed in the East and we don't even crack the top 4...

I'm sure all the critics are gonna give the Lakers crap for trading Bynum to get Howard if Bynum comes back and puts up 22/12/2/good ft percentage.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 am

Kit wrote:You've spoken. Congratz!

Thanks! :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:50 am

FabFourLakers wrote:It'll be a sad sad day if BYnum ends up coming back and the Sixers get a top 4 seed in the East and we don't even crack the top 4...

I'm sure all the critics are gonna give the Lakers crap for trading Bynum to get Howard if Bynum comes back and puts up 22/12/2/good ft percentage.

Eh. It was the right move.

The man's body is made of pocelain. The Lakers moved on from that when they could. It was most definitely the right move.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:It'll be a sad sad day if BYnum ends up coming back and the Sixers get a top 4 seed in the East and we don't even crack the top 4...

The man's body is made of pocelain. The Lakers moved on from that when they could. It was most definitely the right move.

Bynum playing 1 game this season would be a miracle in itself.
khmrP

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 am

therealdeal wrote:

True but that's not what I'm saying...I'm saying IF Bynum comes back...huge IF

Dec 20 is a big day for Bynum and the Sixers....if the news is good on his MRI...maybe Bynum comes back sooner than everyone thinks.
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:15 am

Bynum, Injury, Sooner....3 words that dont ever go together :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

True but that's not what I'm saying...I'm saying IF Bynum comes back...huge IF

Dec 20 is a big day for Bynum and the Sixers....if the news is good on his MRI...maybe Bynum comes back sooner than everyone thinks.

Dude, no one thought he'd get injured this badly anyway. He can't get back soon enough. I don't know anything about the situation, but if I were him I'd be frustrated out of my mind not being able to play and show off on a new team in my own city.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Altchek, Bynum's agent, Sixers team doctors and other personnel have a "large amount" of information to exchange and discuss, source says.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby MadMax on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Altchek, Bynum's agent, Sixers team doctors and other personnel have a "large amount" of information to exchange and discuss, source says.

Sounds bad...I think.
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 pm

If it's bad, Drew really has to be kicking himself for turning down 80 mil to try and get 100 mil, ouch.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 am

MadMax wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Sounds bad...I think.

Crap, that sounds like surgery vs no surgery or trade vs no trade or extension vs no extension.....I picked him up in 2 leagues this week just in case the news was GOOD and he was suddenly good to play....really hoping the news is good not only for fantasy purposes but also for Bynum and the Sixers....need more competition for the Heat in the East!!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby revgen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Press conference set for 5:30PM EST/2:30PM PST.

Bynum told reporters on December 10th, that "Worst cast scenerio. Another month. Best case scenerio. I can ramp it up."
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby revgen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

According to the press conference, he's been cleared for increased activity. Still no timetable for return.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Helljumper on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 pm

:freak2:

Helljumper

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:53 pm

:man3:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:50 am

With the new haircut Bynum now officially looks like a blockhead.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 am

New member of Bone Thugs?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dj vitus on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:45 pm

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Massacre on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:09 pm

BDG wrote:New member of Bone Thugs?

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Drew Optimistic About Progress Toward Returning

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm

POSTED: Monday, January 7, 2013, 3:03 PM

Sixers center Andrew Bynum seemed more optimistic today about his ailing knees than at any other time since it was first announced by the 76ers that he would not participate with the team during training camp.

Here are some of the things he said following practice today regarding the state of his knees:

“It’s definitely moving in a positive direction,” Bynum, who has been out with bone bruises and swelling cartilage, said. “I’m feeling better every day. I’m back to the weights and on the treadmill and I should be running here soon.”

That’s key – that he says he ‘should be running soon. That’s really what this is all about, Bynum getting on the floor. Not riding treadmills or swimming. The next crucial step is getting him on the floor, experiencing impact and playing basketball.

Bynum said of number of positive things. He said that his doctor, David Altchek, told him that ‘whatever is going on with the cartilage is going to wind itself up and I should be back at it pretty soon.’

That might be the most important thing. The swelling is gone in both knees and the cartilage, which was introduced as part of the whole equation right around the time that he injured the left knee bowling, is not bothering him.

Bynum said his right knee is not an issue at all. And he described his left knee as feeling ‘much, much better.’

He didn’t give a timeline. However, both he and the Sixers have backed away from timelines. Remember, we are quickly approaching the middle of Jan. If you recall, this is when both Bynum and the Sixers said – the last time they gave a timeline – that they expected him to return to the floor.

What we also know about Bynum is that the inactivity has him feeling rested. He said that his body feels fresh (as well it should), sort of the way he feels during the summer following a season when his body has recuperated from the rigors of the season.

“I feel the way I feel when the summer comes and my legs are fresh. I feel like that right now,” said Bynum.

He remains leery of a possible setback, nonetheless. Here’s what he said about that:

“It’s possible but right now the doctor has said that it will resolve itself. It’s going to be either 100 percent fine or your knee will swell up and give us signals that there is a problem. But as of right now my knee is fine and I think we are out of the woods with that.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... 17291.html
Kobe8Fan

Re: Drew Optimistic About Progress Toward Returning

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:

POSTED: Monday, January 7, 2013, 3:03 PM

Sixers center Andrew Bynum seemed more optimistic today about his ailing knees than at any other time since it was first announced by the 76ers that he would not participate with the team during training camp.

Here are some of the things he said following practice today regarding the state of his knees:

“It’s definitely moving in a positive direction,” Bynum, who has been out with bone bruises and swelling cartilage, said. “I’m feeling better every day. I’m back to the weights and on the treadmill and I should be running here soon.”

That’s key – that he says he ‘should be running soon. That’s really what this is all about, Bynum getting on the floor. Not riding treadmills or swimming. The next crucial step is getting him on the floor, experiencing impact and playing basketball.

Bynum said of number of positive things. He said that his doctor, David Altchek, told him that ‘whatever is going on with the cartilage is going to wind itself up and I should be back at it pretty soon.’

That might be the most important thing. The swelling is gone in both knees and the cartilage, which was introduced as part of the whole equation right around the time that he injured the left knee bowling, is not bothering him.

Bynum said his right knee is not an issue at all. And he described his left knee as feeling ‘much, much better.’

He didn’t give a timeline. However, both he and the Sixers have backed away from timelines. Remember, we are quickly approaching the middle of Jan. If you recall, this is when both Bynum and the Sixers said – the last time they gave a timeline – that they expected him to return to the floor.

What we also know about Bynum is that the inactivity has him feeling rested. He said that his body feels fresh (as well it should), sort of the way he feels during the summer following a season when his body has recuperated from the rigors of the season.

“I feel the way I feel when the summer comes and my legs are fresh. I feel like that right now,” said Bynum.

He remains leery of a possible setback, nonetheless. Here’s what he said about that:

“It’s possible but right now the doctor has said that it will resolve itself. It’s going to be either 100 percent fine or your knee will swell up and give us signals that there is a problem. But as of right now my knee is fine and I think we are out of the woods with that.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... 17291.html

Oh thank gawd for that photo.....really I was getting too depressed in LD and honestly came here looking for something in Bynum's thread to pick me up. Like he could still be on Lakers and we could be waiting for yet another knee issue return. Or a funny hair shot. :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Nashty Gal on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 am

the lakers must of had control of his haircuts when he was here :freak2:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 pm

the tru thug Drew coming through :man10:, next time you see him he'll probably be all tatted up with a lip tatoo on his neck :man10:
khmrP

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Good to see the big fella and his dew out there on the court..

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:52 pm

He looks big.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion