Bynum Discussion

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion: Guess what? Knee flares up.

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 pm

revgen wrote:
laker911 wrote:Are there still people questioning the trade we did?

Yes. If I traded Bynum, I would have traded him for D-Will instead of D12. I think I've mentioned this several times in the past.

A lineup of Nash at 1, D-Will at 2, Kobe at 3, Metta at 4, and Pau at 5 would make a hellava lot more sense under D'Antoni than having D12 and Pau at the 4 and 5. Why even hire D'Antoni with this current lineup we have?

Dwill is having his worse staticial #s of his career, ALL his stats are down across the board, his coaching staff has called him out for being out of shape and he playing with mulitple injuries that will require surgery. So different player probably same if not worse results. You make it sound as if FO should've KNOWN they were gona eventually hire Antoni in regards to getting Dwill over D12, how does logic like that even apply :man3:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Bynum seems to have lost touch with reality. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 pm

dj vitus wrote:Forget his knees, man. What the bleepity bleep is this?!! :toilet3:

:man10:

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Alexxander on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 pm

dj vitus wrote:Forget his knees, man. What the bleepity bleep is this?!! :toilet3:

This guy is outta his mind, lol. Can't stop laughing, what's gotten into him? :man10: :man10: :man10:
Alexxander

Postby revgen on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

Yes. If I traded Bynum, I would have traded him for D-Will instead of D12. I think I've mentioned this several times in the past.

A lineup of Nash at 1, D-Will at 2, Kobe at 3, Metta at 4, and Pau at 5 would make a hellava lot more sense under D'Antoni than having D12 and Pau at the 4 and 5. Why even hire D'Antoni with this current lineup we have?

Dwill is having his worse staticial #s of his career, ALL his stats are down across the board, his coaching staff has called him out for being out of shape and he playing with mulitple injuries that will require surgery. So different player probably same if not worse results. You make it sound as if FO should've KNOWN they were gona eventually hire Antoni in regards to getting Dwill over D12, how does logic like that even apply :man3:

Even with the season D-Will is having, D-Will fits the current coach/system better than D12 does. D12 is also having a worse season statistically this season and also needs surgery in the offseason, so your point is moot.

Yes, I'm saying what I would have done had I known that we were going to hire D'Antoni. Hiring a guy like him makes no sense if D12 is the player you're building around for the future.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:11 pm

revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

Even with the season D-Will is having, D-Will fits the current coach/system better than D12 does. D12 is also having a worse season statistically this season and also needs surgery in the offseason, so your point is moot.

Yes, I'm saying what I would have done had I known that we were going to hire D'Antoni. Hiring a guy like him makes no sense if D12 is the player you're building around for the future.

it is not moot because unlike Deron, Howard has to play next to a #1, Deron isn't playing next to anyone to have his #'s affected like it has even with the injuries and my point was it wouldn't matter if its Deron or D12, the record would we similar if not worse since we wouldn't have a center, I'm pretty sure as some have noted Pau would've easily worn down that much quicker if we didn't have this gimpy Howard. Well as for last point unfortuantely there's no one in the FO that can see into the future like you did.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I don't get the big deal with Drew's hair, it's just hair, it means very little. He's not working for the Yankees or at Disneyland, he can pretty much have his hair how he wants.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

it is not moot because unlike Deron, Howard has to play next to a #1, Deron isn't playing next to anyone to have his #'s affected like it has even with the injuries and my point was it wouldn't matter if its Deron or D12, the record would we similar if not worse since we wouldn't have a center, I'm pretty sure as some have noted Pau would've easily worn down that much quicker if we didn't have this gimpy Howard. Well as for last point unfortuantely there's no one in the FO that can see into the future like you did.

That doesn't explain D12's rebounding numbers going down. It also doesn't explain how his TO's are just as bad this season (3.0 TO's this season, 3.1 TO's career avg) despite not being a #1 option. It also doesn't explain how his PF's are the highest of his career despite playing less minutes. D12 has said it himself. He's not 100% and it's affecting his play.

I'm not so sure the records would be different. Many teams don't have legit centers anyway. And the NBA rules favor guards more than they ever have before. A 3 guard lineup and our current coach/system would mesh together much better than what we currently have, even if we have to have Sacre or Clark playing center.

The FO is the body that determines whether they will fire a coach or not. So in essence, they can predict the future when it comes to hiring and firing.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 pm

^^^sure but how you gona make seem like FO should plan ahead with personnel with future plan of a coaching selection? So your point is basically saying FO should've known 4 months in advance that Brown was gona fail miserably, Howard wasn't the right fit for Antoni vs. Deron?
khmrP

Postby revgen on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^sure but how you gona make seem like FO should plan ahead with personnel with future plan of a coaching selection? So your point is basically saying FO should've known 4 months in advance that Brown was gona fail miserably, Howard wasn't the right fit for Antoni vs. Deron?

Based on Brown's performance in his 1st season here, yes, they should have known. As bad as D'Antoni has been, he finds a way to get more out of our role players than Brown ever did. And that's despite having a roster that's not even suited to the type of system he wants to run. The only role player who ever really shined under Brown was Jordan Hill. And that's only because Hill's game is system-proof since it's basically defense, hustle, and offensive-rebounding.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LakerFanIam on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't get the big deal with Drew's hair, it's just hair, it means very little. He's not working for the Yankees or at Disneyland, he can pretty much have his hair how he wants.

Sorry, but your personal appearance is a reflection of your mental state... & Drew just is plain Bi-Polar, crazy, immature...Whatever you want to call it... This haircut suits him perfectly.

But he could do this...

LakerFanIam

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm

OMG Bynum's "jumped the shark" :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I'm surprised hardcore "Philly Fan" hasn't let him have it just for looking like a buffoon, let alone not setting foot in a game yet after bowling for dollars, or whatever the hell happened to his knee.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't get the big deal with Drew's hair, it's just hair, it means very little. He's not working for the Yankees or at Disneyland, he can pretty much have his hair how he wants.

Come on Weezy....look at that picture :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 pm

He has cornrows, he was obviously having them undone and halfway through he had to come out and answer questions, no big deal. He has a fro, he has strange hair, I honestly don't think it means as much as everyone is making it out to mean. I just think hair and fashion is getting weirder and uglier like the 90s, did you see all that crap players were wearing all-star weekend? And how is Drew's hair any crazier than Shumperts or Websters or a few other guys like that? It's just hair lol.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cleansed on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 am

Weezy you are one of my favorite posters and i do understand your perspective but , man, ....

just look at the picture :man10:

The money hasnt gotten REALLY good to this m**********r :man10:

Corn rows on Bynum = a good look
Fro on Bynum = a good look

Half fro / half corn rows = *squints eyes*

And the look on his face in that picture really suggest he does not give an eff.

Yes...the money has been GOOD to Mr. Bynum
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 am

Andrew Bynum > Dwight Howard... assuming Bynum can stay on the basketball court for an entire season. The only reason for shipping him out was you knew he'd be on the injured reserve list, and you knew at the same time his attitude was cancerous in a locker room. So that's why I and many others wanted to ship him out in favor of Howard.

However, what I didn't predict was Howard's back would take so long to heal and that with a bad back Dwight Howard would kind of suck all season long. And I also didn't expect the Lakers to suck all season like they have, with D'Antoni as coach, with injured players galore, by dissing Phil Jackson, etc, etc,. I also didn't expect Dwight to pout all season long either and play like an emotional diva. That was a mistake on my part.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 am

Lmao, it's not a hairstyle, it's a media session between hairstyles. Sure he might be a little out of it not playing all season maybe he is going a little nuts doing only rehab for seemingly forever, but I still don't think hair is a huge deal, too much is made of it all over the place.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 am

LTLakerFan wrote:

Come on Weezy....look at that picture :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

It's funny but no big deal. He decided to have his braids halfway done up and rock it as a style. It's definitely hilarious and attention getting, but it doesn't look that bad IMO.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 am

Weezy wrote:He has cornrows, he was obviously having them undone and halfway through he had to come out and answer questions, no big deal. He has a fro, he has strange hair, I honestly don't think it means as much as everyone is making it out to mean. I just think hair and fashion is getting weirder and uglier like the 90s, did you see all that crap players were wearing all-star weekend? And how is Drew's hair any crazier than Shumperts or Websters or a few other guys like that? It's just hair lol.

Oh. I didn't think of that. :man10: :man10: I thought it was a new look, seriously. Hell I miss him now after half a season with Dwight.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 am

Every black guy who's had braids before has removed the braids and rocked the unbraided hairstyle for a day or two. It just so happens Bynum did it with only half his head. Which was kind of funny but definitely not controversial for a basketball player. Now if he was in a suit and tie everyday I'm sure it wouldn't be acceptable in the business world.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
Lakeshow24

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

I am familiar with corn rows and what it takes to get in and out of the style...

But just the fact that he's getting corn rows shows that this dude's mind is definitely odd. :man10:

Who has corn rows anymore?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am

It's a cornfro!
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am

Andrew is a decade late, with that hairstyle. Remember the guy JaRule and R.Kelly?
Jazzygirl205

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:24 pm

^ More like Coolio :man9: but agreed
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Chillbongo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion