Bynum Discussion

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby bystander on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:16 am

You're man crush it starting to get a little alarming. I bet you have a Drew poster near you bed

;) j/k
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby JediChris31 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:58 am

Honestly, he has so much potential, and he has a decent hook. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what Bynum brings to the table, but he's just miserable to watch. Lol.

He is just horribly clumsy, weak, and uncoordinated. Do you see his vert? He blows so many dunks. He has like 3-4 inch vert tops. I think the cheerleaders are more athletic.
"We have a really really strong team.. A very strong team. It smells familiar to me."

- Kobe
JediChris31

Postby solenstyle on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:41 am

JediChris31 wrote:Honestly, he has so much potential, and he has a decent hook. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what Bynum brings to the table, but he's just miserable to watch. Lol.

He is just horribly clumsy, weak, and uncoordinated. Do you see his vert? He blows so many dunks. He has like 3-4 inch vert tops. I think the cheerleaders are more athletic.

Damn those surgeries... can't blame him.

He used to jump pretty high.
solenstyle

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:43 am

JediChris31 wrote:Honestly, he has so much potential, and he has a decent hook. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what Bynum brings to the table, but he's just miserable to watch. Lol.

Come on now Jedi. 3-4" vertical? Look at the picture below. I mean, how much higher must he go. He's 7' tall, he doesn't have to jump, but he certainly can:

ImageImage
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:21 am

No offense because I like your videos, but that's just foolish. Because he doesn't jump out of the gym, he's hard to watch? Not to mention he really does jump when he has the space. He's got a long body, he's not just going to explode every time he touches the ball. Not to mention he's still young and so coordination is hard to come by at his age.

But to say he's miserable to watch just because he can't jump is ridiculous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JediChris31 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:

No offense because I like your videos, but that's just foolish. Because he doesn't jump out of the gym, he's hard to watch? Not to mention he really does jump when he has the space. He's got a long body, he's not just going to explode every time he touches the ball. Not to mention he's still young and so coordination is hard to come by at his age.

But to say he's miserable to watch just because he can't jump is ridiculous.

Thanks, but yeah.. No, that's not the only reason I said he's miserable to watch for me. I said he's weak (not athletic, gets ball taken away from his hand from midgets), misses so many chippies, etc. I just get really frustrated with watching him, it's just how I feel.

Oh and yeah I know he can jump when he's given time.. I know. Then he reaches 5-7 inch vert.. lol jk. No I know when given time, he can.
Last edited by JediChris31 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have a really really strong team.. A very strong team. It smells familiar to me."

- Kobe
JediChris31

Postby JediChris31 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:36 pm

- Kobe
JediChris31

Postby JediChris31 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:39 pm

ShaqDieselLaker wrote:

Come on now Jedi. 3-4" vertical? Look at the picture below. I mean, how much higher must he go. He's 7' tall, he doesn't have to jump, but he certainly can:

LIke I told realdeal, when given time to gather and all that, I know he can. Of course he can. I'm speaking in terms of reaction jumping, underbasket, etc. I'm just kidding about the vert, don't take me too literally on that man, lol.

- Kobe
JediChris31

Postby earvinfr on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:54 am

Not a great game from Andrew but I really like his 5 blocks !! :bow:

Unfortunately, going for the blocks means also going for the foul. He's been in foul trouble in the last 2 games :man5:
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:58 am

With Pau back, he can be more aggressive on defense. Before, it was imperative for him to be on the court for long minutes, therefore he avoided fouls. He's picking up the defensive intensity and trying to adjust on both ends with Pau coming back. It will take some time, but he'll make it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 am

Bynum needs more shots than Ron Artest. You get him upset and you'll have discontinuity on the team.

Ron is supposed to be here to just fit in not shoot more than Bynum..Ron is the 5th option, not 3rd.

This needs to be addressed. Furthermore, Ron's fg percentage has never been good so why the F is he taking shots. he is a complete joke..
frankrj

Postby TT24 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:38 am

Ron is a joke? The man has been playing outstanding defense!
TT24

Postby ChumsGum on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:53 am

bynum is playing great since pau's return. no more complaining, he's actually passing the ball out of the post and isn't forcing as much. plus, like mentioned by someone else he's stepping up his defense.

as to ron, he knows his roll and is doing an amazing job at it. he's a big reason why we've been blowing teams out. his defense on the opposing team's best player, along with the laker's all round great play, is completely demoralizing other teams.
ChumsGum

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 am

he is a joke ..interviewing on Jimmy Kimmel with no shirt....well at least he's no Dennis Rodman.
I really just think people overhype him. who has he locked down.?

not Carmelo, not anyone..just nobody players..

He is not the even the 4th best player on the team

Kobe
Gasol
Odom
Bynum
Fish

why does this guy get so much attention..he has done nothing worth noting...

is he a prolific scorer? No
is he a lockdown defender like everyone says? No. All the elite players score on him anytime and even mid-level players.
is he an elite rebounder ? No
is he a shot blocker ? No
is he a great passer? No he has more turnovers.

tell me where he excels more than Trevor Ariza? cuz he's a Laker is no answer.

Did he lockdown kevin Durant? Melo? JR Smith, lamarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy...

Seriously don't get caught up in what the press says about his defense or even me. See it for what it is?

he does rebound better than Trevor. that is all I have seen.. check fg percentage Trevor and him and see who is better..

Show me sumpin' Ron and I'll believe.
frankrj

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 am

Trevor Ariza : 38.2% FG
Ron Artest : 44.4% FG

Go ahead and look up the shooting percentages of every single SF that the Lakers have played this season and it is a low percentage due to Ron Artest and his hawking defense. The only exception is the Denver game where he was put into early foul trouble on a "blocking" call when he wasn't moving and an offensive foul trying to post up.

Ron Artest has been one of the best passers on the team, always looking to get his teammates involved. In the preseason he was second in assists only to Lamar Odom. Currently he's third on the team just behind Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.

His Three Point percentage is just under 40 (39.1%) which leads the team and is a shade under his career best of 40%.

Ron has been an extremely valuable asset and a fantastic fit for the team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 am

Alright, you been nice..true. when Trevor bricks he does brick a lot.

Anyway, I just want to see Bynum score more, not too much but more than 5 shots a game.

10 to 13 is good. If Ron is getting people involved and taking good shots, not bad ones then it'll be OK.
Kobe or Lamar will talk to him.

we want to see how his defense is against playoff teams, not the also rans. We'll see.

Brandon Roy, Nowitzki and Melo are not denied too often. They won without him so all he needs to do is just fit in and not try to do anything above that. Plus Bynum is back and playing well as usual. You want Bynum to become dominant as Kobe ages, Artest is older as well. You need a dominant scoring threat and Bynum should not be ignored. We've seen his pivot moves, blocked shots the last 2 years and he has it.
So,don't hold him back. We're paying him quite a bit and if he doesn't get the ball how can he show all his skills.
frankrj

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am

^ It's just the way the game progressed that Bynum wasn't getting that many shots. Especially with the way Kobe was shooting early and often. The team has worked very hard to get him shots inside.

Besides, it was more important for him to work defensively against Brook Lopez.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:30 am

Artest is doing great, and when it comes to him and Bynum... you take good shots, that's about it. We don't have a #3 or #5 option or anything like that. That's not how the game of basketball works. When you have a quality team, most of the time your superstar scorer is #1 (Kobe) and everyone else can be #2, depending on their mood, the problems our opponents present etc. Artest can easily be #2-3 scorer in some games. Same with Bynum. It's not like Artest scoring 17-20 suddenly takes away from Drew's opportunities. Bynum should score when he is in a position to score. Otherwise, he should be rebounding and playing good D.

What I'm saying is that people should not have a "set" number of shots... so if Bynum does not shoot 15 times, he should not get mad. Sometimes he'll score like crazy, sometimes not, and that's ok. I hope we don't have another "feed the big dog or he won't guard the house" situation. Always hated that.
Last edited by karacha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

I like that quote. it's from Ron "stay focused and stay away from unknown females" Nice.

You got it right. you take the shot if you are open. But you have to admit Ron does not want to be #3 or #5 option. Look at these players who think they still can score and take over. Andre Miller, AI, Ron does fit into that field.

Anyway, back to AB we don't want him to be a Kendrick Perkins. I thought Artest was here for defense mainly against brute teams in the playoffs. AB didn't play against the Celtics during the final that year.

Hey man, bottom line is we don't need no one coming in trying to change things. Idon't like change when we got a deep bench. And we know Bynum has complained before about getting his shots. So, all I am saying is get him his 10 or so looks, Kobe whatever he wants, Gasol 10 or so looks. If Ron is shooting 3's at 40% let him take them., yeah we got options, don't want disruptions and I'll leave it at that.
frankrj

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:02 am

Good. I think we agree here. If Ron is shooting well, and has open long range Js and 3s -- he should take them. They should also give the ball to Bynum in the post, and if he has a good shot, he should take it. But it should come naturally, and not feel forced. When you look at the averages, our scorers look like this:

1. Kobe
2. Pau
3. Bynum
4. Artest

And that's realistic, except every now and then, Bynum will score more then Pau, or Ron more then Bynum. That's normal. Sometimes you just play better then usual. We're doing great, as long as we're not forcing anything.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Yea part of me gets worried when I see Bynum have gms like last night...we know he has this agenda to make the all star team, and since Pau has come back, his numbers have dipped across the board. I just dont want the sluggish and lazy Bynum to come back...i like what im saying from him defensively and lets jus hope he continues that because that is what will get him on that all star team. I can see what you are saying about Artest getting more shots than Bynum...but that is going to happen some times, and if we're winning, then it's fine. If we're losing and Artest is taking wild contested 3 pt shots and bynum is not getting any looks then we can start complaining. But right now I dont see anything wrong with Artest taking more shots than Bynum on given nights, he is taking them within the flow of the offense
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers323342 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:43 pm

What Andrew lacked last night on offense and rebounds, he made up on defense.
Lakers323342

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:09 am

Andrew Bynum vs. the Hornets

9/10 FG(90%), 21pts (team high), 9rebs(team high), 3 asts

Enough said.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:30 am

Good game from him. The Lakers did a good job of feeding him inside. His rebound total is padded because he played a lot in garbage time, but he had a good game overall.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerdynastyforever on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 pm

It's amazing how easily Bynum gets most of his points. You almost have to laugh at times.
Most teams consider going to the playoffs a success. Other teams hang up banners of division and conference titles on their stadium walls. In Laker Land, it's championship or bust. If we were to hang up every division/conference title we won, there wouldn't be enough room on the walls of Staples Center.
lakerdynastyforever

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion