Bynum Discussion

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:21 am

Andrew Bynum was not the first bad boy in the league and won't be the last

Image
Latrell Sprewell, right, was suspended for 68 games after choking his coach, P.J. Carlesimo of Golden State in 1997. He was later traded to the Knicks. (AP)

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Last week's trade for Luol Deng ended the Cavaliers' brief relationship with Andrew Bynum. Clearly, it did not end on a good note, but Bynum is not the first NBA player to cross management.

By Mary Schmitt Boyer, The Plain Dealer

While the Cavs suspended Bynum one game on Dec. 28 for conduct detrimental to the team and then excused him from all team activities after some disruptive behavior at practice, he wasn't even the only player to cross management this year.

Denver's Andre Miller, the former Cavalier, went off on coach Brian Shaw near the end of a game against Philadelphia on Jan. 1 when he didn't play -- the first DNP-CD (did not play-coach's decision) of Miller's 15-year career. The team initially suspended Miller for two games but changed that to a leave and is reportedly trying to trade him.

It's still not entirely clear what Bynum did here. But at least he never choked his coach, as Golden State's Latrell Sprewell did to P.J. Carlesimo in 1997. NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Sprewell for 82 games but an arbitrator reduced that to 68 games. Sprewell eventually was traded to the New York Knicks and played another seven years in New York and Minnesota.

At least Bynum never threw a towel in the face of his coach, like Phoenix's Robert Horry did to Danny Ainge in 1997. A few days later Horry was traded to the Lakers. That'll teach him. He played 12 more seasons with the Lakers and San Antonio Spurs and won five more NBA championships.

At least he never brought a gun into the locker room, like Washington's Gilbert Arenas did in 2010.

Image
Washington's Gilbert Arenas was suspended for 50 games in 2010 for bringing a gun into the locker room.

If that wasn't bad enough, after news broke of the locker room incident between Arenas and armed teammate Javaris Crittenton, Arenas was photographed jokingly pointing his index fingers at teammates in a pre-game huddle, which incensed Stern. The commissioner suspended Arenas 50 games, and Crittenton 38 games. But Arenas eventually was traded to Orlando and he played two more seasons with the Magic and Memphis Grizzlies.

Sometimes a guy just doesn't fit.

Jamaal Tinsley lost his starting spot in the Indiana Pacers' lineup to T.J. Ford in the 2008-09 season and was basically sent home by president of basketball operations Larry Bird until the Pacers could work out a trade. He filed a grievance and was eventually waived in July, 2009. He played four more seasons with Memphis and Utah.

Basically the same thing happened to Tim Thomas in Chicago in 2005-06.

Sometimes, it's more than one guy.

Lots of people remember the Detroit Pistons' revolt against coach John Kuester, a former Cavs assistant, in 2011. A number of players, including Rip Hamilton and Chris Wilcox, skipped the team's shootaround before a game against Philadelphia. Kuester later played only the players who took part in the full shootaround -- Charlie Villanueva, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum, Ben Gordon, Greg Monroe and DaJuan Summers. When Kuester got two technicals and was ejected, Tracy McGrady reportedly laughed on the bench.

In 2000, the Denver Nuggets boycotted a practice entirely when an unhappy coach Dan Issel scheduled it for 11 a.m. after the team plane arrived home at 3 a.m.


http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/01/andrew_bynum_was_not_the_first.html
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:33 pm

@ESPNSteinLine 4m

Andrew Bynum latest: Hear Clips leaning away from idea of signing Bynum for now AND that Indy is among teams to express exploratory interest


@ESPNSteinLine 20m

Pacers, I'm told, have NOT made a formal offer to Andrew Bynum. But they were among original eight teams to call Bynum's camp this week


@ESPNSteinLine 19m

Sense is Pacers' interest here is more about keeping Bynum away from Miami than actually bringing Bynum in to test their treasured chemistry
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Sources: Blazers have not inquired about free agent Andrew Bynum

The Portland Trail Blazers could use an extra big man on their bench, but if they did decide to make a play for one between now and the trade deadline, it won’t be for center Andrew Bynum.

CSNNW.com was informed by a well-placed league source that Portland is not one of the reported eight teams interested in Bynum. Another source backed it up saying, “Portland has not inquired” about the services of the 7-foot free agent Bynum.

This revelation isn’t much of a surprise.

There are a couple of reasons why Portland opted not to take such a risk: the concern regarding Bynum’s character and how he would fit inside a locker room that has gelled seamlessly, had to have been a huge road block.

The other obstacle is Portland is already carrying 15, the maximum amount of players allowed on a roster. If they were thinking of adding a player such as Bynum, someone would have to be released.

And being that every Trail Blazer on the roster has a guaranteed contract for this season, if Portland did decided to waive a player to make room for a free agent, they would have to eat the contract of that released player.

Cleveland traded Bynum, 26, to Chicago for Luol Deng earlier this month. The next day Chicago waived the big man right before the other half of his $12 million would have been guaranteed.

The source said Bynum “has not given up on basketball” and is “determined to prove everyone wrong.”

Bynum’s talent will get him another shot. It just won’t be in Portland, we’re told.


http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/sources-blazers-have-not-inquired-about-free-agent-andrew-bynum
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 am

he should go to China or Italy or Spain... see the World
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7379
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Interesting. No wonder why Bynum wants to be with a contender. He can't stand playing with a bunch of kids. Even Deng is starting to get annoyed and he was only there for a week.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/kings-124-cavs-80-jason-lloyd-s-final-thoughts-1.458940
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 pm

I read in the Times a couple days ago in an article on Potato coming back for 1st time tonight, a quote from Earl Clark saying Brown's practices now with Cleveland are beyond even what he was putting players through here when he was known as "All Day Every Day". No wonder the kids are depressed. :man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:00 pm

@WindhorstESPN: The Pacers are planning to sign Andrew Bynum, sources told ESPN

@WindhorstESPN Indy Star first reported Bynum & Pacers were meeting tonight. There is no deal in place as of yet but talks are serious, sources said.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Just glad the Heat didn't get him
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 10951
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:02 am

He might actually be useful in the playoffs. Keep Hibbert fresh with lower minutes.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 am

@WojYahooNBA 22m

Barring an unforeseen snag, Indiana will sign free agent center Andrew Bynum today, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:45 am

When you look at a team like the Pacers, they run their offence through the post with that starting lineup. Those starters know how to make an entry pass and feed off post play. I'm sure Indy would love to do this all game but the truth is, when Hibbert comes out and Mahinmi is in, they have no choice but to change their offensive strategy. He's not a good post player and is pretty much an offensive liability. With Bynum replacing him, they can play their style of offence for a full 48 minutes. That's big. Remember, this starting unit for the Pacers outplayed Miami's last year in the playoffs (+44 or something for the series coming into game 7 iirc). The thing was, when Hibbert wasn't in the game, Miami took advantage big time. Bynum can be the answer to that. He's still a big body, and while he's not very quick laterally, as we Laker fans know, he's always been a guy who can alter/block shots at a high rate.

I was telling my friends a couple weeks ago that when you look at what's best for Bynum and the team that would be signing him, there's no better fit than the Pacers. They have a legit chance at a ring this year, they play a slower, half court, inside-out offence that fits Bynum's game to a T. It's also a good fit defensively as Pacers are with the "defensive anchor" philosophy. It's why I thought Miami shouldn't go for him (not a great fit on offence or defence). At the end of the day, Bynum is money driven. It's clear that he's been waiting out on a bigger offer for weeks, but it just hasn't come. It makes sense to go a contender that fits his game. And if he can contribute + win a ring, it bodes well for his chances at getting a bigger contract this summer.

I didn't think this was likely however, because I didn't think Bynum would accept that role (Hibbert's backup). But if these rumours are true and he's willing to sign, I think it's a huge deal assuming he's healthy. And if it fails, hey, you can cut him, or as another player might say, "ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out!".
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby trodgers on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:03 am

I think this will be good for Bynum, and I've always supported him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 45290
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby noobiew on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:39 am

I think this is a really good pickup for Indiana. They have a really strong and interesting C-F rotation now !

C - Roy Hibbert / Andrew Bynum
PF - David West / Luis Scola
SF - Paul George / Danny Granger
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5506
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby lakefansac on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:41 am

Good pick up that will help them push them over the top. The Pacers essentially play an old school, San Antonio Spurs type of basketball with a lot of half court but run when there is an opportunity along with a great defense supported by a defensive anchor. Also having Bynum helps with the referees put Hibbert in foul trouble since the refs these days are anti-big, anti-post play regardless if the big is playing defense or offense. I figure that the refs are not going to foul out both Bynum and Hibbert in the same game.
User avatar
lakefansac

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:15 pm

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby escobar8 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Like you said...first i am glad he didnt go to miami...and second i am happy couse if he can play 15min per game it will increase their chances to beat miami by lot...
User avatar
escobar8

 
Posts: 9703
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 am
Location: Croatia

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby charvin on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 pm

v1n5anity wrote:When you look at a team like the Pacers, they run their offence through the post with that starting lineup. Those starters know how to make an entry pass and feed off post play. I'm sure Indy would love to do this all game but the truth is, when Hibbert comes out and Mahinmi is in, they have no choice but to change their offensive strategy. He's not a good post player and is pretty much an offensive liability. With Bynum replacing him, they can play their style of offence for a full 48 minutes. That's big. Remember, this starting unit for the Pacers outplayed Miami's last year in the playoffs (+44 or something for the series coming into game 7 iirc). The thing was, when Hibbert wasn't in the game, Miami took advantage big time. Bynum can be the answer to that. He's still a big body, and while he's not very quick laterally, as we Laker fans know, he's always been a guy who can alter/block shots at a high rate.

I was telling my friends a couple weeks ago that when you look at what's best for Bynum and the team that would be signing him, there's no better fit than the Pacers. They have a legit chance at a ring this year, they play a slower, half court, inside-out offence that fits Bynum's game to a T. It's also a good fit defensively as Pacers are with the "defensive anchor" philosophy. It's why I thought Miami shouldn't go for him (not a great fit on offence or defence). At the end of the day, Bynum is money driven. It's clear that he's been waiting out on a bigger offer for weeks, but it just hasn't come. It makes sense to go a contender that fits his game. And if he can contribute + win a ring, it bodes well for his chances at getting a bigger contract this summer.

I didn't think this was likely however, because I didn't think Bynum would accept that role (Hibbert's backup). But if these rumours are true and he's willing to sign, I think it's a huge deal assuming he's healthy. And if it fails, hey, you can cut him, or as another player might say, "ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out!".


No access to Pacers games. When the strategy changes with Mahinmi coming in, is there a big drop-off?
charvin

 
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Looks like he went to a team that actually uses post players. Miami is centered on perimeter players and keeping big guys in motion to keep the lane open for Bron/Wade to attack....

He made the right choice IMO. Indiana will have a 2 deep center position that is the best in the league.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 21213
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Coeur D' Alene, ID and Chandler AZ

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby revgen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:28 pm

charvin wrote:
No access to Pacers games. When the strategy changes with Mahinmi coming in, is there a big drop-off?


The Pacers fans that don't like Mahinmi complain about his inability to catch a pass and his penchant for picking up quick fouls. Mahinmi averages 2.7 PF's a game in 16mpg. That's a bit too much, even for a bench player.

Bynum can catch a pass and does a pretty good job protecting the rim while staying out of foul trouble.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21368
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby XXIV on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm glad the Pacers got him. Hopefully he helps them dethrone Miami.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6367
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby Basketball Fan on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:00 am

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ver-heard/

Larry Bird says notion that Pacers signed Bynum to keep him from Heat is ‘the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard’

The Pacers signed Andrew Bynum for the remainder of the season, and some think it was a move based purely in defense — off the court, much more than on it.

Indiana has been the best team in the East over the first half of the season, and team chemistry has been at at all-time high. Head coach Frank Vogel has his players locked in on the singular goal of finishing the regular season with the league’s best record, so if there are any postseason Game 7s this year, they’ll be played on the Pacers’ home floor.

Adding a questionable personality in the middle of a successful season like this one seems to be a risky move for the Pacers, at least on the surface. Unless, of course, they have little use for Bynum in the grand scheme of things, and simply wanted to make sure he didn’t land on another contender’s roster.

That’s all pure nonsense to Pacers GM Larry Bird, however, who wasn’t exactly kind in responding to that specific allegation.

From Mark Montieth of Pacers.com:

“I ain’t worried about next year,” team president Larry Bird said following the Pacers’ game-day shootaround on Saturday. “We’re in the now. We’re going to do everything we can to go as far as we possibly can.” …

Bird scoffed at the notion that the Pacers might be signing Bynum merely to keep him away from Miami or other contending teams.

“We don’t have the money to throw around and let them sit on our bench,” he said. “That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.”

The Heat were said to be one of the teams interested in Bynum once he became available, and the Pacers’ reported interest came a little bit later. Most assumed that Indiana would only grab Bynum as a preventative measure, in order to ensure that Miami didn’t scoop up another big body to deal with Roy Hibbert come playoff time.

But the reality is that Bynum isn’t really a fit for what the Heat do defensively, which has historically involved more active bigs who have been expected to be able to cover the ground necessary to get out to the perimeter on defensive rotations.

It’s been clear from the preseason that the Pacers are all-in this year, and Bird knows better than anyone how slim the window can be for a team’s title chances. He clearly believes Bynum is an upgrade to the bench and nothing else, but the fact that the Heat or another contender can’t have him now certainly doesn’t hurt Indiana’s long-term prospects.
Basketball Fan

 
Posts: 11227
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:07 am

My pick to go to the Finals was OKC vs Pacers with Pacers winning it all. I don't think MIA can win 3 out of 4.
This signing is good for both Bynum and Pacers.
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby v1n5anity on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:29 pm

charvin wrote:
v1n5anity wrote:When you look at a team like the Pacers, they run their offence through the post with that starting lineup. Those starters know how to make an entry pass and feed off post play. I'm sure Indy would love to do this all game but the truth is, when Hibbert comes out and Mahinmi is in, they have no choice but to change their offensive strategy. He's not a good post player and is pretty much an offensive liability. With Bynum replacing him, they can play their style of offence for a full 48 minutes. That's big. Remember, this starting unit for the Pacers outplayed Miami's last year in the playoffs (+44 or something for the series coming into game 7 iirc). The thing was, when Hibbert wasn't in the game, Miami took advantage big time. Bynum can be the answer to that. He's still a big body, and while he's not very quick laterally, as we Laker fans know, he's always been a guy who can alter/block shots at a high rate.

I was telling my friends a couple weeks ago that when you look at what's best for Bynum and the team that would be signing him, there's no better fit than the Pacers. They have a legit chance at a ring this year, they play a slower, half court, inside-out offence that fits Bynum's game to a T. It's also a good fit defensively as Pacers are with the "defensive anchor" philosophy. It's why I thought Miami shouldn't go for him (not a great fit on offence or defence). At the end of the day, Bynum is money driven. It's clear that he's been waiting out on a bigger offer for weeks, but it just hasn't come. It makes sense to go a contender that fits his game. And if he can contribute + win a ring, it bodes well for his chances at getting a bigger contract this summer.

I didn't think this was likely however, because I didn't think Bynum would accept that role (Hibbert's backup). But if these rumours are true and he's willing to sign, I think it's a huge deal assuming he's healthy. And if it fails, hey, you can cut him, or as another player might say, "ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out!".


No access to Pacers games. When the strategy changes with Mahinmi coming in, is there a big drop-off?


Simple answer is yes. And not just a small drop off, it's massive. Like I said, the Pacers starters were about +44 coming into game 7 of the series last year against Heat, and specifically the +/- turned negative when Hibbert was off the court (these stats were shown during the games). Let's take a deeper look as to why:

When you look at the Miami/Indy series specifically, the strategy instantly changes for Miami as soon as Hibbert steps off the court. It's all of a sudden attack, attack, attack. Guys are getting to the rim, drawing fouls, and making plays at a higher rate because Mahinmi can't defend like Hibbert can (size/length is the difference). Now, this is not to say Mahimi isn't good on defense, he's actually done a great job on that end of the floor this year, and the last couple years. But still, he can't be a big body, take up space, and block/alter shots like Hibbert or Bynum (when healthy/enganged) can. And he fouls a bit too much. This is why if Bynum is healthy, with the help of the Pacers' perimeter defenders, he can be a huge problem for Heat players who are looking to penetrate. Bynum has held players to 38% shooting around the rim this year as per NBA stats. Hibbert at 40%. Obviously a small sample size for Bynum, but it shows that he's still capable. I remember early on in the series between Indy/Miami last year, there was a stat that in the last 2 seasons/playoffs (last season + 2011/2012 season), when Hibbert was in the game, LeBron only had FOUR layups/dunks. And I believe ALL OF THEM were on a fastbreak. Just think about that for a second. If a guy like LeBron, who feasts at the rim, can be slowed down to that degree, what happens when the Pacers can potentially play like that for a full 48 minutes with Hibbert+Bynum? Bynum can clog the paint and discourage penetration better than Mahinmi. He can also block/alter shots better than Mahinmi (as long as he's engaged). He's also a much better rebounder and a legit 7 footer. And while Bynum is slow and not that mobile, neither is Hibbert. But the defensive scheme they have mixed with their perimeter defenders, he just has to protect the paint really, and we've seem him do that in his time here. A lot obviously depends on the healthy/attitude of Bynum, but the possibility is there. And this is just the defensive end we're talking about. I think the bigger upgrade is on the offensive side of the floor.

Like I said in my previous post, Mahinmi isn't a good offensive player and they can't run their offence through the post fluidly like they can with their starters. This is where Bynum comes in. The thing with Mahinmi is, he doesn't draw much defensive attention and that's gives defenders the opportunity to focus more on the other guys from that second unit, like Granger/Watson/Scola. If Bynum can play even half decent for his standards, we can see him draw that defensive attention that will allow the other guys to have more room to operate. That might be biggest thing. If they can continue to pound the ball inside and use their size advantage to really eat the interior defense up of the Heat, I can't see how Miami deals with 48 minutes of Hibbert+Bynum. It just seems like too much to handle. Pacers also have the best perimeter defense in the game. And the Heat's 3 point shooting has regressed this year. Their veterans are older. The Bynum signing might be the thing that pushes the Pacers over the top. I'm not sure if they win the whole thing, they definitely have a shot, I just hope they take down the Heat.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:09 am

Really glad to hear that Bynum will be joining the Pacers. This could prove to be a difference maker in possibly taking down the CHEAT.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14887
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:44 am

Bynum is a good option over Mahinmi if he re-finds some mobility .

I would PNR Drew to death if I were the opponent team ... transition D is a huge pb for Drew too ...

Offensively , Drew finishes at a very poor 47% at the rim with the Cavs ( both Mahinmi and Hibbert are already horrible at finishing in the restricted era).

Of course , Drew is a better offensive player than Iam but he will have become efficient again , especially in limited minutes .
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Bynum Discussion

Postby v1n5anity on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:08 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Bynum is a good option over Mahinmi if he re-finds some mobility .

I would PNR Drew to death if I were the opponent team ... transition D is a huge pb for Drew too ...

Offensively , Drew finishes at a very poor 47% at the rim with the Cavs ( both Mahinmi and Hibbert are already horrible at finishing in the restricted era).

Of course , Drew is a better offensive player than Iam but he will have become efficient again , especially in limited minutes .


Bynum plays the PnR similar to Hibbert. Sag, and protect the paint. It's part of the reason the Suns dismantled that defense because Hibbert couldn't make it out far enough to contest the shot of a guy like Frye. Remember, Hibbert isn't a quick guy, but that defensive scheme + Pacers' perimeter players makes that team defense the best in the league. Of course there will be matchup problems for the Pacers against certain opponents, but against the Heat, they should be fine.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, shoe and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.