Can LA beat tha Spurs?

Can LA beat tha Spurs?

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:01 am

now u might be thinkin of tha LAKERS when i say LA, but im actually talkin about tha CLIPPERS, who have been playin VERY GOOD basketball tha last cuple of games...

now tha SPURS, who have won 10 straight since LOSING to tha lakers 90-86 in San Antonio, are playin very good basketball right now and Tim Duncan is playin like he is on a mission...and tha spurs have 4 straight home games, startin today when tha OTHER LA team comes to town...

Now although many might think tha spurs will beat tha clippers, i think tha clippers will surprise tha Spurs tonight, and come out with tha victory...dunleavy has beeen waitin for revenge on tha spurs, ever since they knocked tha blazers outta tha WCF in tha 98-99 season...im sure he hasnt forgotten that yet...

Do any of u believe that tha clipps can CLIP tha spurs tonight? i sure hope they do...it'd be interesting...they started their lil winning streak after LOSING to tha LOS ANGELES Lakers, now their winning streak will END against tha LOS ANGELES Clippers...
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:43 am

They're gonna have to be consistant. Q rich should have 20 and 8. Maggatte the same. Brand has to dominate on the glass again. Hopefully Rice and Simmons can keep hot. A good defensive game it should be.

I'd like to say the Clippers, but the Spurs have won 10 straight.

Clippers 95-91

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:59 am

On the contrary, fellas, let's put it in this perspective: What makes you think that the Clippers can unseat the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs?

1) They won't. Maggette and Richardson would be held down be excellent defenders in Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen, and Elton Brand is knocked back by Tim Duncan, who is 4 inches taller than him. The Clippers try to hustle but can't due to lack of strength and height and Nesterovic takes advantage of rookie Christopher Lee Kamanson the 7th. The Clippers realize how little depth they have at their bench as Horry, Mercer and Turkoglu outplay the likes of Wilcox, Simmons and Glen Rice. BLOWOUT for San Antonio Spur victory.

2) The Clippers get very close to the game but champions never give up, as the San Antonio Spurs yet show their vulnerability to close out games properly and let the Clips back into the game; Elton Brand plays rough, tough and gets Timmy into foul trouble and Quentin and Maggette start blooming late and hitting key jumpers. The Spurs, known for their inaccuracy and guidance w/out David Robinson, turn the ball over and miss shots down the stretch and the Clipper youth stretches out the D for easy transition baskets. Clippers lose though, because a certain Robert Horry hits a clutch shot. San Antonio Spur victory.

3) Because the SBC Center doesn't get much hype, fact is the team the Spurs are playing are the Clippers and they're just the Clippers and nothing can change that, there is a tiny crowd watching and the Spurs lose interest very early in the game...the Clips try to take advantage yet they can't hit shots either because they're young and undersized, and San Antonio, a good defensive team, outplays them in that aspect yet can't hit shots. At the end, though, the champions prevail.

Those are SAS possibilities for winning...fierce 1/5 chance, lazy at the end 2/5 chance, or lazy at the beginning another 2/5 chance.

If the Clippers win, and they did beat SAS w/out Duncan and Parker at home one game, then it would be very close, possibly even luck or overtime...it won't be a blowout, the champs are too experienced to lose to our LA counterparts....but oh well, I do hope the Clips win, that's all I'm gonna say.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FoldedSpace on Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:01 pm

Yup! That game was shure a surprise alright..... :naughty1:

Spurs-111
La clips-90

link:http://www.nba.com/games/20031223/LACSAS/recap.html
FoldedSpace

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:09 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:On the contrary, fellas, let's put it in this perspective: What makes you think that the Clippers can unseat the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs?

1) They won't. Maggette and Richardson would be held down be excellent defenders in Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen, and Elton Brand is knocked back by Tim Duncan, who is 4 inches taller than him. The Clippers try to hustle but can't due to lack of strength and height and Nesterovic takes advantage of rookie Christopher Lee Kamanson the 7th. The Clippers realize how little depth they have at their bench as Horry, Mercer and Turkoglu outplay the likes of Wilcox, Simmons and Glen Rice. BLOWOUT for San Antonio Spur victory.

2) The Clippers get very close to the game but champions never give up, as the San Antonio Spurs yet show their vulnerability to close out games properly and let the Clips back into the game; Elton Brand plays rough, tough and gets Timmy into foul trouble and Quentin and Maggette start blooming late and hitting key jumpers. The Spurs, known for their inaccuracy and guidance w/out David Robinson, turn the ball over and miss shots down the stretch and the Clipper youth stretches out the D for easy transition baskets. Clippers lose though, because a certain Robert Horry hits a clutch shot. San Antonio Spur victory.

3) Because the SBC Center doesn't get much hype, fact is the team the Spurs are playing are the Clippers and they're just the Clippers and nothing can change that, there is a tiny crowd watching and the Spurs lose interest very early in the game...the Clips try to take advantage yet they can't hit shots either because they're young and undersized, and San Antonio, a good defensive team, outplays them in that aspect yet can't hit shots. At the end, though, the champions prevail.

Those are SAS possibilities for winning...fierce 1/5 chance, lazy at the end 2/5 chance, or lazy at the beginning another 2/5 chance.

If the Clippers win, and they did beat SAS w/out Duncan and Parker at home one game, then it would be very close, possibly even luck or overtime...it won't be a blowout, the champs are too experienced to lose to our LA counterparts....but oh well, I do hope the Clips win, that's all I'm gonna say.

damn ur prediction was on tha $$, it was indeed a blow out...damn spurs, they couldnt miss!
FabFourLakers

Postby FoldedSpace on Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:13 pm

Watch out for dem Spurs! Theya comin.......
FoldedSpace

Postby magicmoment on Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:24 pm

i really think that the lakers can beat the spurs if they play like they did in the beginning of the season...
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:13 pm

magicmoment wrote:i really think that the lakers can beat the spurs if they play like they did in the beginning of the season...

next time we meet is in APRIL...thats when both teams will be at their primes...hopefully we'll be tha better team and we WONT lose another HOME game...and do what tha spurs did to US last year...and SWEEP tha regular season series !! that would be sweet revenge!
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion