Celtics' Jared Sullinger arrested

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 am

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/i ... -situation

Boston Celtics forward Jared Sullinger was arrested following a domestic situation over the weekend and is expected in court Tuesday, according to the Waltham Police Department.

Prosecutors said Sullinger has been arrested on domestic violence-related charges. It was not immediately clear who his lawyer is.

The incident occurred on Saturday evening, and Sullinger turned himself in on Tuesday morning, according to Fox 25.

The Celtics selected Sullinger with the 21st pick in the 2012 draft. He vaulted into the starting lineup early in his rookie season before a back injury forced him to undergo surgery in early February, ending his season.

Sullinger has spent much of his summer rehabbing in Boston and is projected to be a key contributor on this season's team.
Basketball Fan

Re: Celtics' Jared Sullinger arrested

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 am

If it's true, I hope he gets what's coming to him. He turned himself in, so clearly he feels he did something wrong.

Domestic violence is one of the things I detest most.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CGrand81 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Gotta hear all the facts before I pass judgement. But is Sullinger really all that I hear from the Celtic fans? Can honestly say I never saw him play last year and only watched him a couple times at the Ohio state university.
CGrand81

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:33 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... on-arrest/
Celtics’ Jared Sullinger releases statement on arrest

Jared Sullinger turned himself Tuesday to police in Waltham (a city 10 miles outside the heart of Boston) and was quickly arraigned on charges of battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation in a domestic abuse case involving in incident with his girlfriend on Saturday night.

The judge set the bail at $5,000 and by the time you are reading this Sullinger has been out of jail and is home keeping his head down (let’s hope).

Sullinger released a statement through the Celtics, here it is in its entirety:

“I voluntarily reported to the Waltham police this morning to respond to charges against me. The experience was humbling and embarrassing for me. Yet I know that this situation has brought both sorrow and embarrassment to my girlfriend, my family, the Boston Celtics organization, my teammates, and my fans. To all of you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart.”

“My lawyers have advised me not to discuss the case at this time. But I wanted to immediately and publicly apologize to everyone affected by this situation.”

His girlfriend reportedly told the courtroom the abuse had been verbal and building over the course of months but that it turned physical on Saturday when he pushed her. She did not ask for a stay away order.
Basketball Fan

Postby Sirron on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

I thought this was a Boston thing. :man3:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Return to NBA Discussion