Chalmers thinks he is in the ‘front end’ of the top 10 PGs

Re: Chalmers thinks he is in the ‘front end’ of the top 10 PGs

Postby Finwë on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:03 am

Doc Brown wrote:CP3 / Deron / Nash / Rondo / Curry / Westbrook / Parker / Lawson / Wall / Dragic / Jennings / Rubio / Conley / Holiday / Teague.....

Yea.....not even top 15 (no specific order).....next in Calderon / Miller / Nelson / Williams....

He's on Ramon Sessions / Kemba Walker / Darren Collison level (20-23)

Rose.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LakeShow85 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:26 am

Finwë wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:CP3 / Deron / Nash / Rondo / Curry / Westbrook / Parker / Lawson / Wall / Dragic / Jennings / Rubio / Conley / Holiday / Teague.....

Yea.....not even top 15 (no specific order).....next in Calderon / Miller / Nelson / Williams....

He's on Ramon Sessions / Kemba Walker / Darren Collison level (20-23)

Rose.

irving.
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 am

Weezy wrote:I guess I understand that it takes extreme confidence to make it at the NBA level, but front end of the top 10 wow. I would call him a decent to good starting PG, top 20 maybe, would have to see a list of all starting PG's.

Rondo, Collison, D. Williams, Dragic, Raymond Felton or Jason Kidd, Conley, Holiday, Austin Rivers, Jose Calderon or Kyle Lowry, Parker, Rose, Lawson or Andre Miller, Kyrie Irving, Rubio, Brandon Knight or Stuckey, Damian Lillard, George Hill or DJ Augustin, Westbrook, Jennings, Mo Williams, Teague, Curry, Paul, Nash, Jameer Nelson, Lin, Wall, Kemba Walker or Ramon Sessions, Isiah Thomas or Aaron Brooks.

I'd also think about including Beno Udrih, Monta Ellis, and Luke Ridnour who are all in and out of the starting PG rotations.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:40 am

LakeShow85 wrote:
Finwë wrote:Rose.

irving.

Thanks for additions. I was going off the top of my head and knew I probably forgot some people. That drops Chalmers down the list a little bit further. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Jellincon on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:05 pm

LOL.

Jellincon

Postby Finwë on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:I guess I understand that it takes extreme confidence to make it at the NBA level, but front end of the top 10 wow. I would call him a decent to good starting PG, top 20 maybe, would have to see a list of all starting PG's.

Rondo, Collison, D. Williams, Dragic, Raymond Felton or Jason Kidd, Conley, Holiday, Austin Rivers, Jose Calderon or Kyle Lowry, Parker, Rose, Lawson or Andre Miller, Kyrie Irving, Rubio, Brandon Knight or Stuckey, Damian Lillard, George Hill or DJ Augustin, Westbrook, Jennings, Mo Williams, Teague, Curry, Paul, Nash, Jameer Nelson, Lin, Wall, Kemba Walker or Ramon Sessions, Isiah Thomas or Aaron Brooks.

I'd also think about including Beno Udrih, Monta Ellis, and Luke Ridnour who are all in and out of the starting PG rotations.

I'm no Chalmers fan AT ALL, he's among the players I hate the most in the L, but I disagree about this list.
The bolded players I don't think are above Chalmers' level. I think they can have some very good games, but so can Chalmers (he scored 25 in a finals game vs Westbrook).
The players I underlined can't be said to be better than Chalmers IMO. Beno Udrih is not better than him. Rivers and Lillard haven't played a single minute of actual NBA basketball. They've yet to prove themselves so I'll hold judgement until they at least get some games in.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:49 pm

I think saying he's a top 20 is generous. Saying he's top 10 is ludicrous.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:53 am

JSM wrote:I think saying he's a top 20 is generous. Saying he's top 10 is ludicrous.

Saying he's top 5 is sacreligious.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I'm no Chalmers fan AT ALL, he's among the players I hate the most in the L, but I disagree about this list.
The bolded players I don't think are above Chalmers' level. I think they can have some very good games, but so can Chalmers (he scored 25 in a finals game vs Westbrook).
The players I underlined can't be said to be better than Chalmers IMO. Beno Udrih is not better than him. Rivers and Lillard haven't played a single minute of actual NBA basketball. They've yet to prove themselves so I'll hold judgement until they at least get some games in.

Finwe, he asked for a list of starting PGs. That's what that list is.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Finwe, he asked for a list of starting PGs. That's what that list is.

:man10: my bad
didn't read weezy's comment
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

No problem. :wave:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion