Chandler/Felton to Dallas 4 Dalmbrt, Caldrn, Larkin, Ellgton

Chandler/Felton to Dallas 4 Dalmbrt, Caldrn, Larkin, Ellgton

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:06 pm

Marc Stein: ESPN has learned that Dallas Mavericks are on verge of reacquiring Tyson Chandler in trade with New York Knicks. Story going online now Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Rumors tagsDallas Mavericks, New York Knicks, Trade, Tyson Chandler
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf

Marc Stein: Sources tell ESPN that Mavericks are in advanced talks on deal to complete trade that will bring Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas Twitter @ESPNSteinLine - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Chandler/Felton to Dallas 4 Dalmbrt, Caldrn, Larkin, Ellgton

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Marc Stein: Proposed deal would send two Mavs starters to Knicks -- Sam Dalembert and Jose Calderón -- as well as prized young guard Shane Larkin Twitter @ESPNSteinLine - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf

Chris Mannix: Mavericks reserve guard Wayne Ellington is part of a proposed deal between Dallas and New York, per sources. Two sides still talking. Twitter @ChrisMannixSI - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf

Chris Mannix: Framework is Calderon, Dalembert, Larkin and Ellington for Chandler and Felton, sources confirm. ESPN first. Twitter @ChrisMannixSI - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf

David Aldridge: Knicks, Mavs "very close" to deal sending Tyson Chandler back to Mavs for package including Jose Calderon, Dalembert. ESPN first. Twitter @daldridgetnt - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf

Adrian Wojnarowski: New York's deal centered on sending Tyson Chandler to Dallas will be finalized today, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.cOplrix6.dpuf
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Hmm, not bad for Phil's first move I guess. A cheaper big that can block shots, a more consistent PG, a young prospect in Larkin I guess. I'd be happy to be rid of Felton though, and while not happy to be RID of Chandler, I would be happy to he rid of the contract, unless he's an expiring. He's not right?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 pm

weird deal. dallas still loves chandler, but is it worth the downgrade from calderon to felton? not sure. for Dallas's part, chandler's only a 1 year deal, and the trade only cuts into cap space about 3 million. I think they're making a run at melo, and having chandler and dirk in the fold couldn't hurt. then again, their competitors for his services have rose/noah and howard/harden...
abeer3

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 pm

The New York Knicks are nearing agreement on a trade to send Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

In the proposed deal, the Knicks will receive center Sam Dalembert and guards Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin and Wayne Ellington and the Mavericks' two second-round picks in Thursday's NBA draft – the 34th and 51st overall selections, sources said.

ESPN.com first reported the framework of the deal

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 3m
New York, Dallas have reached agreement in principle on trade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:51 pm

^That's not a bad deal for the Knicks; Felton was beyond horrible last year; Chandler is overrated, injury prone, and getting older; the Knicks do take on Calderon's contract which stretches through 2016-2017; outside of that, the other players in this transaction have contract friendly deals, and you get two picks out of it. Nice job, Phil, IMO.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 pm

…… And Phil has dangled catnip ( :man9: ) (no no..come on now….I love Pau) in front of Pau with Calderon, Fisher as coach and himself, Jedi Master. At the very least, starting now. The catch is Pau has to forget about what he thinks he is worth and his bottom line in what he thinks he needs to be paid. No way he can get that in NY, right?
LTLakerFan

Postby revgen on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Calderon is Phil friendly. Tall guard who makes intelligent decisions with the ball.

Dalembert is a cheaper version of Tyson Chandler. Blocks shots, rebounds, and scores on putbacks and garbage plays.

Add in an expiring contract (Ellington) and a rookie in Larkin.

Not a bad haul.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby abeer3 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:09 pm

dalembert is a cheaper, but much worse Tyson chandler. there's a reason dalembert has bounced around so much and commands less than the mle in a center-starved league.
abeer3

Postby thkthebest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Mavs got an okay deal, imo. Upgrade at C and save money the next two seasons.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:28 pm

I like Phil's first move. Sammy D is younger and still a very serviceable big. Calderon is a very good fit for the triangle. He's smart and has an extremely low TO rate. You can never trust Felton to be in shape or ready to contribute. Phil wanted a 1st round pick, he didn't get it but did get an early 2nd. Easier to turn that (early 2nd + future consideration) into a 1st than the cards he had in his hand earlier today.
Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 1h

One rival exec says he could see Knicks getting into first round by flipping Larkin. Something to watch for.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Basketball Fan on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:35 am

This is a decent deal for the Knicks getting rid of Felton's contract alone the Mavs could've spared themselves this had they just kept Chandler.
Basketball Fan

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:20 am

Basketball Fan wrote:This is a decent deal for the Knicks getting rid of Felton's contract alone the Mavs could've spared themselves this had they just kept Chandler.

had they kept chandler, they probably wouldn't have ellis, who is a big part of the team right now.
abeer3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:26 am

I never understood why Dallas let Chandler go in the first place. Not a bad trade by old man PJax
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:38 am

Meh trade for the Knicks. They take on a lot of salary(22 million) for the next 3 seasons , while getting a player who isn't a difference maker. The Mavs were better with Jose on the bench.
Frank Dux

Postby karacha on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I think this is an alright trade for both teams. It makes sense to me, and it's definitely a good first move for Phil.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:29 pm

karacha wrote:I think this is an alright trade for both teams. It makes sense to me, and it's definitely a good first move for Phil.

It's a godlike move when you think relatively to the moves they've made in the past decade.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby TheOp on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Damnit if Chandler was available why didnt we take him. Thats the exact type of center we need and could build around.
TheOp

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Because he's already in his mid-late 30s and oft injured?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby laakers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Most are thinking Calderon is an upgrade from Felton. I would agree, but I've got my eyes on Larkin. He's got some potential.
laakers

Return to NBA Discussion