Chandler out with a sprained knee

Chandler out with a sprained knee

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Fran Isola of the New York Daily News wrote:Tyson Chandler ended the preseason in the worst possible way; on crutches and without knowing for certain if he will be available for next week’s season opener in Brooklyn.

Chandler suffered a left knee injury in the first minute of the Knicks 97-95 overtime win against the Nets in the preseason finale for both teams at the Nassau Coliseum. Chandler, the NBA’s reigning Defensive Player of the Year, will have an MRI on Thursday in New York. The Knicks are calling Chandler’s injury a sore knee but the veteran center believes it is a sprain.

“I stretched my knee out a little and it was awkward,” Chandler said. “I’m taking precautions until I get an MRI so I will be on crutches. I do not want it to get worse. They still me to stay off my knee until I get an MRI.”

Losing Chandler could be devastating to a Knicks team that will be without Amar’e Stoudemire for at least two weeks with a knee injury. Marcus Camby missed the entire preseason with a calf injury and Rasheed Wallace, who is healthy, hasn’t appeared in an NBA game in two years. There is a possibility that Kurt Thomas, who at 40 is the NBA’s oldest player, could be the Knicks’ opening night center.

Oldest team in the league is already banged up. Not a good sign for Knicks fans. Could be a long season at this rate.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Chandler out with a sprained knee

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Hopefully its nothing too serious. Amare is already out 3 weeks and now this

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GinoDB on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 am

you know you are injury prone when you collide with Gerald Wallace and you get injured instead of him
GinoDB

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 am

Looks Like Rasheed Wallace Will Be Starting
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby XXIV on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:55 am

First Amare and now Chandler, Knicks may start out real slow.
XXIV

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Chandler is one of the only players I respect on that roster. He's a great player, and seemingly a great guy. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion