Chris Paul Takes Part In Full-Contact Practice

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Chris Paul Still Few Weeks Away From Return

PLAYA VISTA–Chris Paul seemed anxious as he watched a 5-on-5 pickup game near the edge of the practice court Thursday at the Clippers Training Facility.

Relegated to the role of onlooker, he stood on the sideline in the left baseline corner with several of his teammates and a number of other NBA veterans racing up and down the floor. He stared in a way that explained how desperately he wished to join them.

It’s been nearly a month since Paul underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb, and it was clear sitting things out was not sitting well with him.

“The thumbs doing better, a lot better,” he said. “I’m still a few weeks out from being ready to play and stuff like that, but I go to rehab every day trying to get back because I’m tired of watching these guys play.”

Among other things, Paul is eager to see how the revamped Clippers gel after an offseason that netted Lamar Odom, Jamal Crawford, and Grant Hill, among others.

“I’m excited about this season,” Paul said. “Our locker room is filled with a lot of veterans and guys that know what it takes to win.

“It starts with training camp. Fortunately, we have a great group of guys and fortunately they got here early, extra early, and guys have been in for workouts and getting to know each other as well as you can.”

Several Clippers players have been in town throughout the summer, and most of the other members of the 15-man roster have arrived this week to get a head start on their first official practice Sept. 29.

Paul, who is entering year two with the Clippers, has been at the facility regularly following what was eventful offseason. His wife, Jada, gave birth to the couple’s second child in August, five days after he captured his second Olympic gold medal with Team USA in London.

He also acted as the Clippers’ lead recruiter, urging Chauncey Billups to re-sign and helping bring in the likes of Odom, Crawford, and the recently added Matt Barnes.

Evident by their early arrival, there’s a sense that the 2012-13 Clippers are making inroads to being closer than last season’s tight-knit group that advanced to the Western Conference Semifinals for just the second time since moving to Los Angeles in 1984. Paul seems to think so at least.

“That’s what’s fun about being here with our team because we genuinely like each other,” he said. “I think this team has the opportunity to be the same way [as last season], and hopefully we can just go a little further.”

Several Clippers players have been in town throughout the summer, and most of the other members of the 15-man roster have arrived this week to get a head start on their first official practice Sept. 29.

Paul, who is entering year two with the Clippers, has been at the facility regularly following what was eventful offseason. His wife, Jada, gave birth to the couple’s second child in August, five days after he captured his second Olympic gold medal with Team USA in London.

He also acted as the Clippers’ lead recruiter, urging Chauncey Billups to re-sign and helping bring in the likes of Odom, Crawford, and the recently added Matt Barnes.

Evident by their early arrival, there’s a sense that the 2012-13 Clippers are making inroads to being closer than last season’s tight-knit group that advanced to the Western Conference Semifinals for just the second time since moving to Los Angeles in 1984. Paul seems to think so at least.

“That’s what’s fun about being here with our team because we genuinely like each other,” he said. “I think this team has the opportunity to be the same way [as last season], and hopefully we can just go a little further.”

http://www.nba.com/clippers/paul-eager-season-start
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Chris Paul Still Few Weeks Away From Return

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 pm

:man4: @ that blonde chick.
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Chris Paul Still Few Weeks Away From Return

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 pm

That's Steve Blake and he's a dude.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Chris Paul Takes Part In Full-Contact Practice

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 am

By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com

Los Angeles Clippers guard Chris Paul participated in full-contact practice Tuesday morning in Beijing for the first time since undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb in August, according to the team's official website.

"Chris practiced today pretty much the whole practice; that obviously changes things when he's out there," Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro told Clippers.com. "He played well. He's just got to get in better game condition. He's been out for a while, but there's no question he's a factor when he's out there no matter what kind of shape he's in."

Paul underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb in August after injuring it during Team USA's training camp in Las Vegas back in July.

"It felt great (to practice)," Paul told Clippers.com. "I actually felt like I was part of the team. I was a little winded out there, but it felt good to get back out there and get in the mix. ... I felt fine because I haven't done anything for so long. I'm pretty well rested, so I was excited to get out there and play."

Before leaving for China, where the Clippers will play two exhibition games against the Miami Heat on Thursday in Beijing and Sunday in Shanghai, Paul said he didn't anticipate playing overseas but did hope to play in at least one preseason game before the regular-season opener Oct. 31 against the Memphis Grizzlies.

The news of Paul's return comes just four days after Chauncey Billups was cleared to participate in contact drills for the first time since he had season-ending surgery to repair a torn left Achilles tendon in February.

Billups, who this summer had hoped to be ready by opening night, is still a long shot to be in the starting lineup for the first regular-season game but could be back sooner than anticipated if he doesn't have any setbacks.

"He feels good," Del Negro said last week. "He's moving good. You can be in condition, but the body contact and the up and down things, he's got to get in shape, but he's got plenty of time. As long as he keeps on, not having any setbacks and keeps on working, as he's been doing, he's going to be in good shape."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... t-practice
Kobe8Fan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

Wonder if he broke out the new and improved flop-proof heliflopper
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Forklift on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 pm

impossible Chirs Paul never has Full-Contact Practise. How can you recieve full-contact when you flop?
Forklift

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:18 am

Good For CP3
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Return to NBA Discussion