Clippers almost traded Caron for Ariza. Sterling nixed deal

Clippers almost traded Caron for Ariza. Sterling nixed deal

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 am

What is up with the Clippers going after our ex players??? Lol

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/02/25/morning-tip-trade-deadline-recap-kenneth-faried-stand-q-and-a-yao-ming/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

L.A. CLIPPERS: The Clips stood pat, but not by their basketball people's choice. L.A. and Washington had a done deal Wednesday night that would have sent forward Trevor Ariza to the Clippers in exchange for Caron Butler, giving L.A. a long, defensive-oriented body to throw at the likes of Kevin Durant in the playoffs. (Butler, who still has an offseason home in the D.C. area, and who was loved by the locals, didn't have a problem returning to a non-Arenas Wizards locker room. He'd have been welcomed back as a much-needed offensive option, according to sources.)

But sources indicated that Clippers owner Donald Sterling nixed the deal Thursday morning, not wanting to gamble on the team's chemistry being affected in any way down the stretch. My interpretation: we don't want to do anything that could, in any way, be held against us by assistant general manager Chris Paul this summer if we don't get far in the postseason.

Either way, the Clips probably are just as well. If Paul couldn't convince Kevin Garnett to come West, there wasn't another game-changing deal out there.

Just wondering, CP3 and Chauncey were openly recruiting KG, i wonder if guys like Bledsoe, DeAndre feel slighted at all about this because they were the trade chips & names being mentioned in a potential KG deal.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Clippers almost traded Caron for Ariza. Sterling nixed deal

Postby 432J on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 am

they really do have ALOT of former lakers on that team. and they were going to trade one for another!

odom, barnes, turiaf, butler, paul :man12:
432J

Postby LakerFanIam on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Oops... Sorry. Didn't see this was already posted.

Seeing Ariza on the Clippers would have been hard to take.
LakerFanIam

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm

It was a lateral to bad move for the clips...I'd rather have Caron..
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Aonex on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am

If the Wiz were willing to take Caron for Trevor, I wonder if they would have taken Metta. :man1:
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 am

I actually think that Caron is a better fit than Ariza. This team has athleticism galore and need some scoring, which Butler provides in spurts.

However, i think the Lakers would be much better if they could swap Metta for Ariza. They need a live body like him.
Lets Go Lakers

Return to NBA Discussion