Clippers decide not to match Odom's offer!

Clippers decide not to match Odom's offer!

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:57 pm

this is from www.clippers.com:

Clippers Issue Statement on Lamar Odom
The Clippers today issued the following statement from Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor: “After long and careful consideration, we have elected not to match the offer sheet presented to us by Lamar Odom. In the final analysis, the decision was based on issues of character and other risks involved.�

This is huge! FINALLY something good happens for miami!
FabFourLakers

Postby BoogieKnight on Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:04 pm

Lets see, the Clipps lost Kandiman, Miller/Miles, and now Odumb and get nothing in return. What a sorry franchise the 'Coupon Clippers' are.
BoogieKnight

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:19 pm

BoogieKnight wrote:Lets see, the Clipps lost Kandiman, Miller/Miles, and now Odumb and get nothing in return. What a sorry franchise the 'Coupon Clippers' are.

Yea i guess they deserved to lose all of those guys...they knew it was comin...but atleast they hung on to 2 of tha guys i EXPECTED them to hold on to...maggette and brand are solid and productive players...

i expect maggette and brand to avg 20 ppg next year, and hopefully in 2 or 3 years...help tha clippers back to tha playoffs..

i honestly think they made good choices this summer...letting miller and odom go, and not even comment on olowokandi, and then keep brand and maggette...but i dont like how they got rid of miles last summer, and now they've lost miller too, so basically they gave away miles for next to nothing!
FabFourLakers

Re: Clippers decide not to match Odom's offer!

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:15 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:this is from www.clippers.com:

Clippers Issue Statement on Lamar Odom
The Clippers today issued the following statement from Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor: “After long and careful consideration, we have elected not to match the offer sheet presented to us by Lamar Odom. In the final analysis, the decision was based on issues of character and other risks involved.�

This is huge! FINALLY something good happens for miami!

idiots!!!! i say!! they should have sign and trade!!! At least get something out from it!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Roscoe on Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:19 pm

Hopefully next year the Clippers could resign Darius Miles when he's a Free Agent...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:27 pm

Once again, plain and simple, the Clips are just plain d-ay-umb. Seriously, even with Lamar's personal troubles and problems, he's still an effective manageable legit guy who can play many positions and just giving him up to Pat Riley like that, really puts a needle to your throat. Please, Sterling, make another signing for once. We know you have those cash in your pocket.

As a matter of fact, I'm so pissed with the Clips that I'm gonna write an article dedicated to why they should have signed Lamar Odom.

I look forward to another bad Clipper year next year. :man5:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:10 am

man thats pretty stupid, y not do a sign and trade and get something for him... better then losing him for nothing jeez
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Return to NBA Discussion