Clippers Discussion Thread

Re: Clippers Discussion Thread

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:48 pm

It must suck to be a Clipper fan. The Lakers have championship banners, while the Clippers only have banners of JJ Reddick, Biff, and Deandre Freakin' Jordan :man10:
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm

:man10: The Clippers looked like last years Laker squad.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 pm

LA will always belong to the Lakers.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 am

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 am

they should hang a banner of Vinny Del Negro over the standings
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 am

therealdeal wrote:Image

Why Heliflopter would be happy today ?
wcsoldier81

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:33 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Don't judge me here :man11:

But I have watched both of the clippers first 2 pre-season games just so I can't get an idea of how they might play against us opening night and OMG DeAndre Jordan is a different player this year. He has been an absolute defensive juggernant on defense and is in the best shape of his life just sprinting down the court and getting easy points. Doc Rivers has already talked with him and just wanted him to be their defensive anchor. DeAndre has also been shooting his FT's a lot better. I know its 2 games in and its pre-season but he's my pick for most improved and or defensive player of the year. He just looks so much more focused and intense out there.

Some of his stats from first 2 games:

Game 1: 16 pts, 8 reb, 2 stls, 4 BLK (all in 1st quarter), 4-5 FTM, 20 mins
Game 2: 14 pts, 7 reb, 6 BLK (4 again in 1st quarter), 6-7 FGM, 2-3 FTM, 21 mins

Here's some highlights of him in preseason game 2

He's not even playing half a game...

Okay, I need to take a shower after giving this much praise to the Clippers and DeAndre :hurl:

nope.

still the same old dunk everything in the air and don't know how to read jordan i know.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Roscoe on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:52 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:

But I have watched both of the clippers first 2 pre-season games just so I can't get an idea of how they might play against us opening night and OMG DeAndre Jordan is a different player this year. He has been an absolute defensive juggernant on defense and is in the best shape of his life just sprinting down the court and getting easy points. Doc Rivers has already talked with him and just wanted him to be their defensive anchor. DeAndre has also been shooting his FT's a lot better. I know its 2 games in and its pre-season but he's my pick for most improved and or defensive player of the year. He just looks so much more focused and intense out there.

Game 2: 14 pts, 7 reb, 6 BLK (4 again in 1st quarter), 6-7 FGM, 2-3 FTM, 21 mins

Okay, I need to take a shower after giving this much praise to the Clippers and DeAndre :hurl:

nope.

still the same old dunk everything in the air and don't know how to read jordan i know.

Is that what you saw? I was very impressed with Jordan. His energy was good, he was super active on defense, tipping balls, getting steals, blocks, and grabbing boards. He is definitely an improved player with more confidence. Based off of what I saw last night I'd rather go to war with him than Blake Griffin. If Jordan keeps up his energy and effort he could easily contend for DPOY this year. Doc is going to be huge blessing for DeAndre's career.

Blake Griffin though, I am not impressed at all. No improvement whatsoever, his post game is pure garbage as is his shooting touch and form. That hitch in his shot is disgusting. Whenever he gets the ball in the post he has no solid base. If defenders would just pull the chair on him while he flings his body around with his back to the basket trying to do a 360 hook shot he'd fall on his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] every single time. Blake needs to step up big time or I'd listen to Clairvoyant Bill and trade him for KLove ASAP before we get him. :man12:

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Griffin looked like pure garbage. I think what Doc will do for DeAndre will also help reveal exactly how weak Griffin is at this sport.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:

nope.

i actually saw him playing a wannabe tough guy last night
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Then there's this gem off cbssports.com:

The Clippers' championship dreams weren't crushed on opening night, but their pride certainly took a hit.

Especially when you add in the fact that pregame, new coach Doc Rivers was apparently talking about how he's looked into championship parade routes already. Via NBA.com:

The information gathering began, Doc Rivers said, four days after he was hired as coach and head of basketball operations for the Clippers. He wanted to learn more about parades. Championship parades. Championship parades for the Clippers.

He couldn't follow his Boston formula of tracing the route the Patriots took and using it once he coached the Celtics to the 2008 title. He certainly wouldn't copy the Lakers' path through downtown, not when the whole point is for the Clippers to hammer out their own identity. Maybe the NHL's Kings. Rivers could have road tested Lord Stanley's 2012 ride. And he never would have guessed that teams have to pay at least part of the bill for the celebration.

“I've researched enough to know what we can do,” he said.

I think Rivers' reasoning here isn't arrogance as much as it's trying to change the Clipper culture that's been engrained the past 25 years. It's about changing the mindset of "Oh we're the Clippers we can't win a title" and turning it into having the confidence to envision a parade through Los Angeles that doesn't include the Lakers.

(Sidebar: Does it really require 'research'? I'm pretty sure finding a parade path in LA shouldn't be all that hard. The Lakers have had so many there's probably still confetti lining the road from their last one.)

Still, with the beatdown the Lakers put on the Clippers on Tuesday, those aspirations were damaged a bit. It's one of 82 and obviously the Clippers are still a contender, but when you start talking about parades, you kind of don't want to lose that same night. I think that's called getting humbled.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm

^Is this for real? It's like an article from the Onion :man10:

Planning championship parades? How about worrying about the next opponent in front of you. The season opener was clearly on Doc. He couldn't make the adjustments, nor did he do his job of getting his players mentally ready for the game. Doc is so overrated, i've said it before and i'll say it again. He's a good "players coach", but that only goes so far. He needs to stop worrying about the Lakers banners, putting fake championship banners up, "our starting five still unbeaten blah blah", and worrying about parades, and start figuring out a way to win with Biff, CP3, and Deandre Jordan. Because if he sticks to the half court style we saw last night, the Clippers are going to be a huge failure.

Doc is not an elite X's and O's guy. He was not the architect behind the Celtics 2008 title defense. And without the KG trade, he's probably out of an NBA lead position. Doc was the figurehead sure, but Thibs schemes, and KG's leadership was the reason why the Celtics gelled and won a title.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Roscoe wrote:Is that what you saw? I was very impressed with Jordan. His energy was good, he was super active on defense, tipping balls, getting steals, blocks, and grabbing boards. He is definitely an improved player with more confidence. Based off of what I saw last night I'd rather go to war with him than Blake Griffin. If Jordan keeps up his energy and effort he could easily contend for DPOY this year. Doc is going to be huge blessing for DeAndre's career.

i could care less about blake griffin.

sure he was "more active", but it's nothing particularly new from last year. he's a high energy, high athletic player with a big frame. yes he blocks shots, yes he rebounds. he still jumps at everything, he still blocks shots into the stands, he still doesn't have a back to the basket game, he still clanks his free throws. sounds like superwoman, but then again, i was never impressed at dwight at center anyway.

i prefer centers of the marc gasol and andrew bynum mold.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Frank Dux wrote:^Is this for real? It's like an article from the Onion :man10:

Planning championship parades? How about worrying about the next opponent in front of you. The season opener was clearly on Doc. He couldn't make the adjustments, nor did he do his job of getting his players mentally ready for the game. Doc is so overrated, i've said it before and i'll say it again. He's a good "players coach", but that only goes so far. He needs to stop worrying about the Lakers banners, putting fake championship banners up, "our starting five still unbeaten blah blah", and worrying about parades, and start figuring out a way to win with Biff, CP3, and Deandre Jordan. Because if he sticks to the half court style we saw last night, the Clippers are going to be a huge failure.

Doc is not an elite X's and O's guy. He was not the architect behind the ******* 2008 title defense. And without the KG trade, he's probably out of an NBA lead position. Doc was the figurehead sure, but Thibs schemes, and KG's leadership was the reason why the ******* gelled and won a title.

Yes, it is real. Ben Bolch the Clipper beat writer mentioned the story in today's L.A. Times Sports section.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:27 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: @ doc rivers

guy is so overrated that it's not even funny. seriously? planning out a championship parade before the season starts? that's so ridiculous that it's mindblowing that its actually true. go brag some more about how your starting 5 in boston is still undefeated. his success in boston was 100% because of thibodeau
432J

Postby XXIV on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 am

432J wrote::man10: :man10: :man10: @ doc rivers

guy is so overrated that it's not even funny. seriously? planning out a championship parade before the season starts? that's so ridiculous that it's mindblowing that its actually true. go brag some more about how your starting 5 in boston is still undefeated. his success in boston was 100% because of thibodeau

Don't forget the fact that KG and Allen went to Boston. :man10:
XXIV

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:20 am

That awkward moment when you realize you're the coach of the Clippers.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby kenzo on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:19 pm

Bbbuuuahahahahahahahaa...
Just make sure your rings touch 20 years from now Doc :man10:
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Image

That awkward moment when you realize you're the coach of the Clippers.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Plans for titles are what all good teams with good coaches make. Until reality with injuries and the Clippers being the Clippers punch the coach in the face.

Good ole Doc keeps having to come out and face the press with sayings on how his team is supposed to be approaching the game. You know like when he had players of a different ILK on the Celtics. Quote from last night's loss to Cleveland, "We did a lot of pouting today in the game, personally. And you can't play that way. You've got to keep playing."

How's that "dominance" thing working out for all you Laker haters …..errrrr……Clipper fans? :man10:
LTLakerFan

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion