Clippers have a truck load of centers...

Clippers have a truck load of centers...

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:54 pm

Well now that they have Drobnjak, the clippers have 5 centers: Ely, Kaman, Wang, Polynice and now Drobnjak...

Who do u think will start? Who do you think DESERVES to start? Will they trade any of these centers before the season starts? Are the clippers screwed/
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:34 pm

Drobnjak will start. Ely and Wilcox are PF's. Polynice might not make the regular season team anyways.

Drobnjak torched the Lakers and Clippers last year. He put up 26 on the Clips and nearly the same on the Lakers a couple times. Brand/Drobnjak down low could be big.

Now if only they would get a SG. I heard the Clips offered Stephen Jackson 2.5 mill over 4 years, Jackson blew them off and didn't even show up for a workout. The only one else offering Jackson anything is the Hawks and they only are offering 1 mill over a year.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:00 pm

Posto wrote:Drobnjak will start. Ely and Wilcox are PF's. Polynice might not make the regular season team anyways.

Drobnjak torched the Lakers and Clippers last year. He put up 26 on the Clips and nearly the same on the Lakers a couple times. Brand/Drobnjak down low could be big.

Now if only they would get a SG. I heard the Clips offered Stephen Jackson 2.5 mill over 4 years, Jackson blew them off and didn't even show up for a workout. The only one else offering Jackson anything is the Hawks and they only are offering 1 mill over a year.

ACTUALLY, Ely is a center, and yes Wilcox is a PF. They should get rid of Polynice and trade Wang, then they'll have Kaman Drobnjak and Ely...so drobnjak starting? I like tha sound of that too, i dont think he will start right away, they are sayin right now Ely or possibly Wang...hell Wilcox might even start...who knows?! its tha clippers!
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:48 pm

ACTUALLY, If you wanna be a smart [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]..

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/melvin_el ... l?nav=page
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_wil ... l?nav=page

The only centers the Clippers have are Drobnjak, Chris Kaman, and Wang Zhizhi. Drobnjak was a star in Seattle last year, why would they trade for him right now to put him on the bench. Drobnjak's a big time player, anyone with basketball knowledge from last year knows Drobnjak is leaps and bounds better then Wang or the rookie Kaman.

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:21 pm

I actually do want Drobnjak to start for the Clippers, cause he can certainly score through jumpers or anything else, but if he messes up at D here comes Melvin Ely the ultimate shot blocker. Wang is another scoring threat but most likely he'll play SF or PF because he's a true softy. Chris Kaman, if he heals quickly, look for him to take it strong to the season, or otherwise he may be a draft fluke. Chris Wilcox may occasionally play center, but the Clips have a truckload of them so what's the use? Olden Polynice is just a benchwarmer and provides veteranship, that's just my bet. Anyway, the Clippers aren't ultimatum, so I don't look for them to excel at that category. They just need a general upgrade at their frontcourt (besides Brand, of course, but their bench--eww.).
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

no problem with bunch of big men

Postby nosebleedbum on Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:43 pm

you need all those big men to play shaq anyways since their greatest center of all time left to go after the max dollars...so he thought.

Clippers are fine at center since Drobjniak will be playing for them. Clips just got him. They're good at shooting guard too- Magette is really a SG like Kobe who happens to play SF sometimes. Point guard is another story. Dooling is fooling and plain sucks. Jarric is ok but was better off as a SG.

Starting line up might look like this

C- Drobjniak
SF- Ely/Wilcox
PF- Brand
SG- Magette
PG- Jarric
DP- House

DP= Designated player since the clips will need 6 guys to win some games.

That's actually a lineup that will challenge teams offensively. Defensively, they may need work but the athletic abilities are there.

In case anyone thinks i like Candyass man forget it. Oliwokandi is garbage, a cancer, who thinks too highly of himself yet forgets to give an effort. Good riddance.
nosebleedbum

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:03 pm

Posto wrote:ACTUALLY, If you wanna be a smart [censored]..

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/melvin_el ... l?nav=page
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_wil ... l?nav=page

The only centers the Clippers have are Drobnjak, Chris Kaman, and Wang Zhizhi. Drobnjak was a star in Seattle last year, why would they trade for him right now to put him on the bench. Drobnjak's a big time player, anyone with basketball knowledge from last year knows Drobnjak is leaps and bounds better then Wang or the rookie Kaman.

Ok jus cus NBA.com lists him as a forward, doesnt mean he IS a forward...he played the 5 for the clippers last year so dont gimme that ish...

as for the starting lineup, it'll most likely be like this:

Drobnjak
Brand
Maggette
Q-Richardson
Jaric
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion