Clippers HIGHLY interested in A.I...

Clippers HIGHLY interested in A.I...

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:05 pm

The Clippers will be first on line to try to deal for Allen Iverson around the draft. L.A.'s other team always has had a thing for Iverson, who likely will be shipped out if the Sixers decide to do the right thing and finally rebuild. ...

Link
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:08 pm

Just wait and see when the Clippers try to reap Allen Iverson on draft day of next year--Philly needs to rebuild and to start that by picking up scraps off trading their franchise player...the Clippers will be good with Iverson, hes an underrated passer and he can definitely play some point...

now Clipper fans can finally say their good byes to Keyon Dooling if that happens...AI will jounce the Clips into the playoffs, now hes got a good core--not to mention a good coach--to dally with
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:19 pm

I agree. IF the Clippers were to acquire Iverson without trading Brand or Maggette, they'd be a very potent team. Iverson needs a change of scenery and the 76ers need to move him because obviously what they're doing now is not working so they need to come up with another plan. The 76er-Iverson marriage has run its course and it's time to move on. With Iverson and Brand plus a solid coach in Dunleavy, they could easily sneak into the playoffs and start to turn that dismal organization around.

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:10 pm

they need to keep brand

him and ai can feed off of each other, AI is a good shooter, u guys dont think so cus he has no body on his team

when he has some one to take the load of, hell try to do less and improve his FG %, but he needs a big man to do that

theyd be very effective also together if they can run a hi pick nd rolll, i hope they can keep magette or Q in the process too, but thatl be a long shot

i hope AI does come to the clips, hell be good

but i read somewhere, and lakerfanimal told me that, of the 3 teams ai DOESNT wana play for, 2 are the lakers and the clippers, so i dont know if he will want to come
shaqpak34

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:11 pm

If the Sixers want success they need keep A.I, and sign players to help him. They should do for him what they did for K.G this year.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:15 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:If the Sixers want success they need keep A.I, and sign players to help him. They should do for him what they did for K.G this year.

i agree, i think he is best on the sixers, but he desperately needs WARRIORs on his team

they are ALL bunch of under achievers, except for AI of course, who plays hard enough to account for everybody else

he needs a big man badly, and some shooters

they also need help on the defensive end, but they are looking decent nowadays, wit the improved playing of dalmebrt and glen robinson
shaqpak34

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:48 pm

Don't trade him for Brand or Maggatte.

Q Rich, Jaric, Ely for Iverson.

C: Kaman
PF: Brand
SF: Maggatte
SG: Iverson
PG: ??

Get a descent PG like Nash or Terry now and you have a playoff team.

Postby Roscoe on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:56 pm

I think you would have to include Brand or Maggette in return for AI...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:10 pm

Yeah, that's why I don't think it will work Roscoe. You know for sure the Sixers will demand Brand. Brand is the 3rd best PF in the league and will be for the next 15 years, you can't trade him for anyone.

If I had to I would re-sign Q-Rich to play point, and send Maggatte for Iverson. Corey's every day injuries worry me. He's a GREAT talent and very young but it seems like he sprains his ankle every game.

Postby ShaqAttaq on Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:37 pm

If the Sixers want success they need keep A.I, and sign players to help him. They should do for him what they did for K.G this year

I 100% agree! AI is the best on this Phila's team and they need him, because he plays with heart and plays hard! He is a warrior and needs warriors around him!
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
ShaqAttaq

Postby nosebleedbum on Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:03 pm

You know what's lame. They could've traded Odom for him three years ago. I think Sterling liked Odom and said no. Now they have nothing in return.

I agree with not trading Brand. He's the franchise.

Q is a restricted FA and they may not sign him anyways. Should sign and trade.

This is highly improbable but Kobe, Brand and AI and Maggette. That's potent.
nosebleedbum

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:51 pm

ShaqAttaq wrote:
If the Sixers want success they need keep A.I, and sign players to help him. They should do for him what they did for K.G this year

I 100% agree! AI is the best on this Phila's team and they need him, because he plays with heart and plays hard! He is a warrior and needs warriors around him!

What happened for KG took many years to build.

Besides, Philly messed up by trading away players from when they were really good and made it into the finals. Sorry to say... but the Sixers is a franchise on the decline. A.I. needs to get out of there...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:10 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
ShaqAttaq wrote:

What happened for KG took many years to build.

Besides, Philly messed up by trading away players from when they were really good and made it into the finals. Sorry to say... but the Sixers is a franchise on the decline. A.I. needs to get out of there...
You are absolutely right about it taking all this time to build around Garnett and MIN has done a terrific job. The problem with Philly is that 1st of all, Iverson isn't the player Garnett is. Garnett isn't even in his prime yet, Iverson if anything is at the end of his. Garnett can take over the game EVERY night. For Iverson to do the same, you have to hope he's having a good shooting night otherwise you can forget it. 2nd of all, the entire situation in Philly is in limbo since Larry Brown took off for Detroit. They don't have a coach and it isn't very likely that they'll be able to attract a good coach to come there because it's well-known about Iverson's inability to follow team rules and even show up for work and it's also well-known that he basically drove Larry Brown to the point of wanting to leave. So if he couldn't play for Larry Brown, who can he play for? Brown is one of the top coaches in the league. I don't know. I guess with some dedication by Iverson and the organization, they COULD turn it around, but I just don't see it happening. I'll believe it when I see it.

Postby lakerfanimal on Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:33 pm

i know all this ish is happening in philly but hes their heart and soul, hes to them what kobe is to us. and i know phily fans are the most "unique" in all of sports, but he represents them as people, because hes a hard worker who loves what he does. And he proved how much he wants to stay, by saying ill do whatever is best for the team. What i think they should do, is try to trade for eddy curry, cus i think in that kinda situation curry and iverson wud feed off each other. I know curry is right now a pretty bad player, but hes pretty young still, and has a loota potential. After that i think they trade for zaur pachulia, because that guy is tough and hes someone iverson would really respect. TO do this, i think you gotta trade derrick coleman, because hes old and doesnt work for the sixers. Then as for pg you keep snow, try to get someone like a raul lopez or a foreign player that passes well and can run. At sf i dont think g rob is the answer, and i think they should try to get someone younger there. Iverson thrives off getting to the basket, and also off of transition baskets. They need a coach who wants to run, and if they can pull stuff off like this then theyll get better. I think they should get a better or gm, or watevr pat croce did, cus wen they had croce they wer more excited n tried to get better n everything.
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby magicmoment on Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:08 pm

that would be tight to have AI in LA.. but the sixers also need AI
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:15 am

AI + Clippers equals :Instant Playoffs

They be a very good team as long as they keep Brand and Maggete...But if they could get kobe too (I hope they don't) they be dang near unstoppbale
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Basketball Fan on Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:53 pm

At least this is more believable than an AI/Kobe trade.

Can you imagine the ripple effect from LA to Philly. Oh the drama!
Basketball Fan

Postby UsC/LaKeRs on Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:24 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:If the Sixers want success they need keep A.I, and sign players to help him. They should do for him what they did for K.G this year.

The Sixers tried to put players around him...Jerry Stackhouse/Larry Hughes..that didn't work they tried to put in old vets has beens with Mutombo/Derrick Coleman didn't work either..Iverson looks like he wants out of Philly..just by the look of his face..that Coach Ford guy didn't help either with his comments to AI...AI would fit well with the Clippers with Maggette and Brand...how good will it be for the city of LA to have Kobe/Shaq and AI wow*
UsC/LaKeRs

Return to NBA Discussion