Clippers just signed Olden Polynice haha

Clippers just signed Olden Polynice haha

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:42 pm

LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby BDG on Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:57 pm

HAHA! I know my friend just told me. He's a Clipper fan and he's pissed that the Clippers wasted their cap space again.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby echo nation on Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:32 pm

remember when we desperately needed a big guy and Olden said he wanted to play here and we didnt let him?

figures he'd go to LA's JV team

o well..
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:45 pm

our 38 year old is better then yours nah nah na na nah....the Staple Center Ho down...get it :man1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby echo nation on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:02 am

HAHAHAHAHA

Ho down

our 38 year old also has 4 more rings
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:03 am

that's funny.... :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm

echo nation wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

Ho down

our 38 year old also has 4 more rings

wow, now that is funny. I dont understand their signing of polynice tho, they already have zhi zhi wang, melvin ely, and chris wilcox to play the center position. They dont need him.
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:44 pm

Kaman, Ely, and Wang are very young. Olden could teach them the ropes of the league, he's a solid veteran...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:21 pm

Roscoe, in reading what you just posted, please tell me you wanna take it back......the only thing Polynice can teach is the wrong way to react after getting pulled over......and that black people don't belong on golf courses....he obviously doesn't kick it with Tiger
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:30 pm

I didn't mean teaching them stuff off of the court, I meant on the court...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:16 pm

Olden Polynice!!!!

The guy who got in trouble in Utah for impersonating a police officer!!!!

Nice job......Elgin!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:16 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Olden Polynice!!!!

The guy who got in trouble in Utah for impersonating a police officer!!!!

Nice job......Elgin!!!

LOL

i forgot that they also have Kaman

so they already had 4 centers

and then they sign Polynice

god damn clippers
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:24 pm

BREAKING NEWS:

The Clippers have finally found someone to stop Shaq. We have all heard about the alleged Kobe stoppers, but now there is a Shaq stopper and the Clippers made a smart move and signed him, they are now everyone's pick to win the championship and this center is going to be the MVP. See this is how they are planning on using this new center that they signed, they are going to let him come in the game and when Shaq comes in the lane and sees this 39 year old piece of junk he is going to laugh so hard he is going to be rolling on the floor and they can grab the ball and convert on a fast break.

Seriously is this what they are thinking will happen, because if they are relying on OLDen to be their savior then they are in big trouble. They lost practically their whole team, and who do they sign a washed up player who hasn't been decent in ages.[/b]
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:31 pm

jsm0331 wrote:BREAKING NEWS:

The Clippers have finally found someone to stop Shaq. We have all heard about the alleged Kobe stoppers, but now there is a Shaq stopper and the Clippers made a smart move and signed him, they are now everyone's pick to win the championship and this center is going to be the MVP. See this is how they are planning on using this new center that they signed, they are going to let him come in the game and when Shaq comes in the lane and sees this 39 year old piece of junk he is going to laugh so hard he is going to be rolling on the floor and they can grab the ball and convert on a fast break.

Seriously is this what they are thinking will happen, because if they are relying on OLDen to be their savior then they are in big trouble. They lost practically their whole team, and who do they sign a washed up player who hasn't been decent in ages.[/b]

The clippers lost 2 players that they no longer needed! Miller was a bust, and Kandi Man thot he was too good for the clips. I DIDNT want either of them to come back! And im glad that they matched the offers for brand and maggette! Now all they need to do is get odom back! They have a bright future, with wilcox and ely improving and jaric and dooling still young and improving, they can really make it big in a couple years! I think they have a chance at the playoffs next season now that the jazz are out, but it'll be between the rockets and clippers for #8! Should be interesting!

And Olden wont get minutes, he's jus insurance in case someone gets INJURED!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:23 pm

Odom is gone. And I really don't see Brand and Maggette leading them to the playoffs. They lost 3 players, players that were good, they just have never had a good enough coach to do anything with the talent that they had. Maybe if they had Dunleavy last year they might be in a different situation. I really don't see them making the playoffs unless they ever add a superstar, and why would a superstar go to LA if they aren't going to the Lakers. Face it, no one wants to play for the Clippers, not even they players that they have left want to play for them. They won't be the #8 seed, maybe if they were in the east they would be in the playoffs, but it is true....Clippers are the JV team in LA. (I don't remember who said that)
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:16 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Odom is gone. And I really don't see Brand and Maggette leading them to the playoffs. They lost 3 players, players that were good, they just have never had a good enough coach to do anything with the talent that they had. Maybe if they had Dunleavy last year they might be in a different situation. I really don't see them making the playoffs unless they ever add a superstar, and why would a superstar go to LA if they aren't going to the Lakers. Face it, no one wants to play for the Clippers, not even they players that they have left want to play for them. They won't be the #8 seed, maybe if they were in the east they would be in the playoffs, but it is true....Clippers are the JV team in LA. (I don't remember who said that)

Umm yea Odom isnt gone yet, and even if he wanted to leave and go to miami, he is a restricted free agent and the Clippers WANT Odom back! And even without him, the clippers can make the playoffs, cuz then that will open up the gate for Maggette to blossom into a superstar. Its almost like the Tmac/Vince situation, when Tmac was with Vince, Vince was holding him back from becoming a superstar. But as soon as they were on seperate teams, Tmac became a star and left Vince in the dust. Thats how i see Maggette and Odom. Odom's ego and rep held Maggette back. I think the lineup of Wilcox Brand Maggette Richardson and Jaric can get it done, especially with Mike Dunleavy.
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:19 am

please put down the weed and step away
JSM

Postby JSM on Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:36 pm

How can the Clippers make the playoffs when they have LESS talent than they had last year? Maggette will have a breakout season, but a superstar, please, he will never be a superstar in this league. It is an insult to even mention Maggette's name in the same sentence as T-Mac. They will never make the playoffs with that roster you just named, and that roster probably won't be the roster they will use. This is because Wilcox is a PF and Jaric is a SG.

This is their most likely roster for next season.
Kamen (an undeveloped rookie starting, having to learn as he goes and will get killed against other big men in the west)
Brand (an all star player, but can't lead his team to much of anything, especially the playoffs)
Maggette (will have a very good year, but won't be enough for his team to get anywhere)
Richardson (will have a good season, nothing to brag about, but will get it done)
House (an undersized PG, who's skills are no where close to A. Miller's)

So what you can expect to see from this team is: some excitement, fast breaks, a few win against good teams, an improved game from a few of the players, a well coached game, but you will not see them make the playoffs. They won't be good until they get a superstar, and since players want off that team and not on, I don't see that happening. The players that they have now will leave as soon as they can.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:56 pm

jsm0331, how many posts you have here man? How could anyone be obsessed with a CLIPPER post anyways?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:49 pm

LOL!!! he has like 10 posts in this topic
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:46 am

actually counting this one 5,
I was just trying to find out why some people actually think they are good and think they will make playoffs. Before you diss someone learn to count. Actually I think LaKeRsDyNaStY is the one obsessed about them, since he's the one making this topic.
JSM

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:40 pm

obsessed? im just posting news smart one
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:41 pm

jsm0331 wrote:How can the Clippers make the playoffs when they have LESS talent than they had last year? Maggette will have a breakout season, but a superstar, please, he will never be a superstar in this league. It is an insult to even mention Maggette's name in the same sentence as T-Mac. They will never make the playoffs with that roster you just named, and that roster probably won't be the roster they will use. This is because Wilcox is a PF and Jaric is a SG.

This is their most likely roster for next season.
Kamen (an undeveloped rookie starting, having to learn as he goes and will get killed against other big men in the west)
Brand (an all star player, but can't lead his team to much of anything, especially the playoffs)
Maggette (will have a very good year, but won't be enough for his team to get anywhere)
Richardson (will have a good season, nothing to brag about, but will get it done)
House (an undersized PG, who's skills are no where close to A. Miller's)

So what you can expect to see from this team is: some excitement, fast breaks, a few win against good teams, an improved game from a few of the players, a well coached game, but you will not see them make the playoffs. They won't be good until they get a superstar, and since players want off that team and not on, I don't see that happening. The players that they have now will leave as soon as they can.

dawg, you can talk to me when u see the clippers in the playoffs this season. I really believe that maggette and brand will have break out seasons, and it is NOT an insult to mention maggete and tmac in the same sentence! A coupel years back, it woulda been an insult to mention TMac's name in the same sentence as Kobe or Iverson. Now T-Mac has blossomed into a star, and he might be better than both kobe and iverson. So dont give me that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that Maggette aint superstar material. Even WITH odom there, he averaged 16.8ppg, and he also had brand olowokandi AND miller who did some scoring, so imagine how much his scoring will boost up this season with 3 of them gone! I believe that players who improve every season (i.e. kobe, tmac) EVENTUALLY become superstars, and maggette has the flare and the talent to become a superstar. Remember, Kobe had his breakout season as soon as jones left, and soon after was a superstar when rice left. T-Mac had his breakout season as soon as he left Vince. I think that as soon as Odom leaves, Maggette will have a breakout season and will become a superstar. And to think that KAMAN will start for the clippers next season? DONT COUNT ON IT. And wilcox can play 5, but he progood until they get a superstar, and since players want off that team and not on, I don't see that happening. The players that they have now will leave as soon as they can.[/quote]

dawg, you can talk to me when u see the clippers in the playoffs this season. I really believe that maggette and brand will have break out seasons, and it is NOT an insult to mention maggete and tmac in the same sentence! A coupel years back, it woulda been an insult to mention TMac's name in the same sentence as Kobe or Iverson. Now T-Mac has blossomed into a star, and he might be better than both kobe and iverson. So dont give me that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that Maggette aint superstar material. Even WITH odom there, he averaged 16.8ppg, and he also had brand olowokandi AND miller who did some scoring, so imagine how much his scoring will boost up this season with 3 of them gone! I believe that players who improve every season (i.e. kobe, tmac) EVENTUALLY become superstars, and maggette has the flare and the talent to become a superstar. Remember, Kobe had his breakout season as soon as jones left, and soon after was a superstar when rice left. T-Mac had his breakout season as soon as he left Vince. I think that as soon as Odom leaves, Maggette will have a breakout season and will become a superstar. And to think that KAMAN will start for the clippers next season? DONT COUNT ON IT. And wilcox can play 5, but he prolly wont, i meant to say ELY would be the 5 if any one else, or maybe WANG will play a lil bit of the 5. It doesnt matter who they play at the center position, as long as they dont start Polynice, im fine with that!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:20 pm

I will stand by what I believe, but I promise you that if they make the playoffs, I will admit that you were right, and apologize for thinking you were wrong
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:45 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I will stand by what I believe, but I promise you that if they make the playoffs, I will admit that you were right, and apologize for thinking you were wrong

and if they dont make the playoffs, then i will apologize for thinkin otherwise. But i believe if they dont make it, they would be really close to makin it. The only team i see beating them out of this year is the rockets or warriors, but the warriors dont have arenas no more so they might have taken a step back this summer.
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion