Clippers Should be a top team

Clippers Should be a top team

Postby lakersfan9 on Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:33 am

look they have a good coach and a good owner, they have corey quenton and eltan, they should be better than what they have become of, they should have like the six spot in the playoffs, whats wrong with them???they have a better team than grizz but its like they cant put it together.
lakersfan9

Postby Guest on Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:38 am

Well, look at this. The Clippers are the second youngest team in the league. They have no experienced vets who can help out. They do have Elton, Corey, Q-Rich who are the future of the NBA. But they are using point guard by commitee.

This is there first year under Dunleavy, there first year being a stable healthty team. Give them a good impact PG like Jamal Crawfod or Flip Murray next year and they'll win 5-10 more games next year.

Postby SWOL on Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:19 am

CRAWFORD AND FLIP ARE BAD FITS, THEY NEED A PASS FIRST TYPE OF PG THAT CAN CREATE FOR THIER BIG 3 ALA .....TJ FORD OH WHOOPS COULD HAVE HAD HIM THIS YEAR :disagree:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SnakeDoctor on Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:20 am

the clippers are the clippers.........they have been a horrible franchise for as long as anyone can remember and they have no hope for the future. people have been saying the same things about them for years: "they have several young, up and coming players..." but fact is, these players always leave.

signing brand and richardson is the first time sterling has laid down any cash. dont look for him to spend in the future. once again, the clips will end up in the lottery. they may make it to the playoffs as a #8 seed one of these years, but will surely get knocked out in the first round.

personally, i wish they would move back to san diego. they are an embarassment for los angeles.
SnakeDoctor

Postby SWOL on Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:22 am

SnakeDoctor wrote:personally, i wish they would move back to san diego. they are an embarassment for los angeles.

AMEN TO THAT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby DNP on Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:27 pm

i watch almost all clipper games on tv whenever available and the thing they are lacking is finishing off games. they will hang around for about 3 1/2 quarters and suddenly they are getting blown away. look how close they play the queens all the time, but still ended up losing.
DNP

Postby cuh | son on Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Whoa whoa whoa...good owner? I dont think so. That guy (Donald Sterling) is hesitant to pay anyone any money, that's why you've seen many Clippers come and go throughout the year. He barely started paying his players this past offseason (Maggette, Brand). I know they have talent and all but that doesn't exactly equivalate to wins. Otherwise the Blazers wouldve won the championship years ago. What we seem to forget from time to time is that in order to win you have to stop people on the other side of the ball...defense. Clips have never had this and need to learn if they want to win. Also, like DNP stated, they need to finish strong if they ever want to be a complete team. :jam2: [/quote]
cuh | son

Return to NBA Discussion