Clippers sign a house...and other news

Clippers sign a house...and other news

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:22 pm

August 8, 2003

That means they get a three million dollars worth of cash, depending on whether it's a mansion or not.

Nah, JK....they just signed Iverson-like swingman Eddie House today. He shoots only 40% from the field but certainly knows how to score. Well, at least the Clips are doing something.

In other news, Gilbert Arenas is officially a member of the Wizened, er, Wizards. It was expected, but it's still unseen why we chose the East over the West (Wizened over the Dippers).

Miami signed losers by the name of Loren Woods and John Wallace, after signing no-namers called Udonis Haslem and Samaki Walker, whom Riles stole from us. Still they can't get a good PF, and John Wallace wasn't in the league last year and as for Woods, the 46th pick? That was about right.

Jim Jackson is joining the Lakers or the Wolves. That's just my prediction. The Nets are out of consideration only because he'd play 10 minutes a game backing up Kerry Kittles, RJ and Lucious Harris.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:23 pm

oh my bad...I was supposed to put it in the "NBA news and rumors" section. U guys can move if you want
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:06 pm

Aight thanx for findin this... At least they're makin a lil' progress...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:07 pm

wow clippers r signing like mad now, first polynice now house WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:22 pm

I really haven't seen any signs of House joining the Clips, but that would be a great pick up for them. JJ is sure taking his time with his decision...I hope that he is torn between getting a championship and getting money. He could only make like $500,000 more elsewhere, but if he joins the Lakers, he gets a $1M and a championship. Damn, why does he even have to think about it....but seriously guys who cares if we get him or not...I think we have been distracted with this whole Kobe thing to realize that we freakin have GP and a totally in shape Karl Malone. Seriously, if you look at him, besides some white in his goat, you wouldn't be able to tell that he just turned 40. If Kobe can barely play during the regular season, we still have 3 big time scorers that can get it done. Whatever happens, we are in good shape. We just have to avoid injury, but other than that we are still scary enough without Kobe. I just hope this will all be done with soon. There is talk that they can move the trial till next summer, but I personally want it over and done with now.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby SWOL on Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:12 pm

they just signed Iverson-like swingman Eddie House today

WTF....Iverson like?????
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:55 pm

swolswol wrote:
they just signed Iverson-like swingman Eddie House today

WTF....Iverson like?????

yeah, he runs like Iverson, guns like iverson, gets turnovers like iverson, shoots field goals like iverson, is a midget like iverson, is an undersized shooting guard like Iverson, and even has those same cornrows like Iverson. Just think Iverson w/out the minutes and the crossovers. :man7:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby SWOL on Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:32 pm

Eddie House | 5

2002-03
Statistics
PPG 7.5
RPG 1.80
APG 1.6
EFF + 5.84

Allen Iverson is an NBA superstar has led the league is scoring 2 times was the league MVP led his team to the NBA finals........Eddie House was a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] player on a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] team

come on chief :man7:
SWOL

Postby echo nation on Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:07 pm

i dont think he meant that eddie house is as good as AI, just the type of games that they play
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby SWOL on Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:17 pm

if AI saw that comparison he'd puke
SWOL

Postby echo nation on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:34 am

probably

you really cant compare anyone in the league to AI tho

his game is just so different from the leagues elite... and the smaller Ty Lue type players are nothing next to AI
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:03 pm

swolswol wrote:if AI saw that comparison he'd puke

How could he even use Eddie House in the same SENTENCE as Iverson?!?!

And signing Eddie House was totally pointless since they already had Jaric and Dooling, actually i guess it was jus in case jaric or dooling get injured.
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:36 am

i actually think House is a nice talent and good pick up

but in Clipperland, nothing really matters
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Return to NBA Discussion