Clips don't match Miller's offer sheet...

Clips don't match Miller's offer sheet...

Postby Roscoe on Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:11 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=1587944

He doesn't fit in their system anyway, Jaric will probably take his spot...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Coppertop on Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:35 pm

At least the Nuggets got somebody. Any word yet on Boykins?
Coppertop

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:41 pm

miller sucks and is overated i dont know how he averaged like 10.6 assists that one year

probably just concentrated on passing... the guy cant shoot for [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and is SLOW
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:26 pm

i like dre miller alot

but i still thnk the clips wouldve done better for themselves hadthey gottn Baron Davs

o well..

good for the Nuggs
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:05 pm

Echo, explain to me how they could've gotten Baron? The Clips would have made the playoffs if they had him.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:58 pm

last year when they were mulling who to trade and for who it was between Miller and Baron... they almost got Baron last year for about the same package (possibly Odom instead of Miles... i dont remember anymore)

anyway it was a possibilty but it was Stern that vetoed it.... people raved about the eventual trade for miller tho becuase prior to that, all the packages included Odom and they were able to get miller w/o giving up Odom
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby zetaw00d on Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:48 pm

LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:miller sucks and is overated i dont know how he averaged like 10.6 assists that one year

probably just concentrated on passing... the guy cant shoot for [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and is SLOW

Miller is good!! He just played for the clippers.... He didnt want to play because he knew that the clippers were goin to let him go!!! Dude its hard to avg 10 ast. a game..... But i still think that the clippers should have went after BD!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Roscoe on Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:35 pm

Miller didnt fit in the Clippers' system, they wanted to run and gun. But he's more of a half-court point guard. Man they should've drafted TJ Ford, they would've bein tearin up the open court...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby SWOL on Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:55 pm

the clipper system SUCKS.....what the hell have they done......technically Dre Miller is a perfect fit, a point gaurd that passes first shoots second, Baron woulda been a bad fit, a PG that shoots first pass secondthey have enough scorers.....thier franchise is a stain on the city of LA, they draft 2 PF's last year already having Elton Brand....they are idiots.....Dre Miller is helluva PG and he will show that in Denver, good for him
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:56 pm

Roscoe wrote:Miller didnt fit in the Clippers' system, they wanted to run and gun. But he's more of a half-court point guard. Man they should've drafted TJ Ford, they would've bein tearin up the open court...

tj woulda been nice
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:36 pm

swolswol wrote:the clipper system SUCKS.....what the hell have they done......technically Dre Miller is a perfect fit, a point gaurd that passes first shoots second, Baron woulda been a bad fit, a PG that shoots first pass secondthey have enough scorers.....thier franchise is a stain on the city of LA, they draft 2 PF's last year already having Elton Brand....they are idiots.....Dre Miller is helluva PG and he will show that in Denver, good for him

i'll hafta agree with you 100%. The clippers are STUPID for drafting 2 Power Forwards last year, when they coulda gotten someone like caron butler. And this year they draft a white center named Kaman who will turn out like Shawn Bradley, i mean why didnt they take TJ ford? They knew they werent gonna keep andre and i was hoping they wouldnt cuz i think andre screwed up everything. They need maggette odom and brand to do all tha scoring.

And i think Marko Jaric is a great fit at the 1 for the clippers, he showed alot of flare last year.
FabFourLakers

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:59 pm

The clippers should have traded their first round pick to the warriors. In a sign and trade deal for Arenas!!!!
zetaw00d

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:04 am

Warriors had no money to sing and trade Arenas... otherwise they wouldve kept him
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:23 am

zetaw00d wrote:The clippers should have traded their first round pick to the warriors. In a sign and trade deal for Arenas!!!!
it's true, especially since they rarely ever do anything good with their picks.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:55 pm

it wasnt possible for the warriors becuase GS didnt have bird rights to arenas
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Return to NBA Discussion