A coach finally does something about the recent officiating

A coach finally does something about the recent officiating

Postby JSM on Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:40 pm

The refs have been horrendous this year, and a coach finally does something about it. I think if a lot more of the coaches started to complain, then Stern would have no other choice, except to fire some of them. Thank Nate for being the first to step forward and complain.

The News Tribune: A day later, and the Seattle SuperSonics still were seething about the officiating in their loss to the Golden State Warriors on Saturday night in Oakland.

Sonics coach Nate McMillan said he plans to call Stu Jackson, the league's vice president of operations, today to formally lodge a complaint about referees Ron Olesiak, Scott Foster and Pat Fraher, the trio that fouled both Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis out of the game.

"I edited that tape and wrote down some numbers that I think he should take a look at," McMillan said. "The way that game was officiated last night, with two of our main guys out of that game, that deserves a (phone) call.

"The one thing is that Ray Allen is being guarded a certain way by teams. They are very physical with him. And it's not so much that my players need to be looked at differently, the league needs to be looked at. Defenses are allowed to grab and hold. All of that is happening."

Allen fouled out of the game on a questionable call with four minutes remaining. Lewis fouled out 30 seconds later. Allen said he, too, will call Jackson today.

"Stu is the head of the USA Basketball committee, I have been around Stu a lot of times with the Olympic team," Allen said. "I will call him. I'm not one to harp on bad calls ... but when you affect the game to the point where we (Allen and Lewis) get kicked out of the game, that warrants a phone call.

"We cried when we were in Milwaukee that we didn't get any respect. In fact, a lot of teams do that. But we have to file some type of grievance to let them know."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:15 pm

I hope they make some progress in this area ... officiating in the NBA been bad for many years now ... and it's getting worse.

With alot more pet peeves for the officials.

It's gotten out of hand and I'm always glad when I see a Coach complain (intelligently) about what's wrong with the officiating system in the NBA.

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:04 pm

especially when shaq post up. he gets fouled all the time.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:05 pm

He'll probably end up getting fined by dumb a... David Stern.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Return to NBA Discussion