a couple of interesting stories around the league

a couple of interesting stories around the league

Postby JSM on Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:49 pm

After the Wizards have gone through a drastic change in the teams outlook, they went from being led by a legendary g/f named MJ to a young flashy pg and an overrated sg. Their new pg (Arenas) made the following statement today-

"I can prove it, and I'm going to do it: We're going to make the playoffs. "We're going to do whatever it takes to make the playoffs this year. Once one player sees how hard you're working, the rest of the team will follow. We might start off slow, but we're going to finish good."
http://sportsline.com/nba/story/6627569

The only thing that he has to remember is that MJ couldn't even lead them to the playoffs and couldn't motivate them (mainly Stackhouse and Kwame, who seemed to have no work ethic at all) with his strong work ethic. I don't understand why he thinks they will listen to him and he will lead them to the playoffs. Sounds like he is a little over confident to me.

Yeah, I think they will probably make the playoffs but it will be a struggle and think it is way to early unless you are the Nets, Kings, Lakers, Mavs, or Spurs to be guaranteeing playoff birth.
Last edited by JSM on Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:50 pm

Also the Spurs will retire David Robinson's number, not a big surprise, but worth mentioning when there is no other NBA news. They will retire it on November 10th, when they face the Jazz.

http://sportsline.com/nba/story/6625420
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:06 pm

Thanks jsm... yeah it's a slow news period for the NBA eh?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:08 pm

Arenas is too bold...if he joined to the Clippers he definitely wouldn't have made that statement... :freak2:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion