AI Or CP3

Who Do You Pick?

AI
25
78%
CP3
7
21%
 
Total votes : 32

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:31 am

Image
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:33 am

A perfectly good discussion thread has been ruined by Clipper bias, homerism, and assumptions that aren't true. The idea that I think Paul is a flopper because he's a Clipper is ridiculous, he's a flopper because he's a freaking flopper. The idea that I think AI was better than him because he's a Clipper and I'm a hater is ridiculous, I watched them both,I based my opinion on what I saw. He flops at least one time a game, think about that, there isn't a game he plays that he doesn't flop in. Yet, he's not that bad 99% of the time. Ridiculous.

Jamaal Crawford is a Clipper, I think he's great and one of the best bench scorers you can have. Blake Griffin is a Clipper and I think he much improved his all around game this season. JJ Redick is a Clipper and I think he's gone from written off early in his career to a seriously good player, I'd take him on my team in a second. Collison is a Clipper and I think he's one of the top backup PGs in the league. CP3 is a Clipper and I think if he knocked off the flopping garbage he'd be a better player for it. So where's the bias here? I dislike the franchise, not the players. I'll take my answer off the air thanks, because I'm not getting into an argument with someone who cannot argue objectively about his favorite team and favorite player, but what I had to say needed to be said.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:33 am

therealdeal wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Agree to disagree then. I don't think he's worse than a handful of others out there. It's just the people who don't watch him get a twisted perception of reality. You pulled out a few plays as examples but a basketball game involves hundreds of plays. Over a season, tens of thousands of individual plays where a player has the chance to flop. Like I said, having watched most of his games as a Clipper, he plays the game the right way 99% of the time and isn't looking to flop. I think you and others in here are overreacting. But that's expected cause he is a Clipper.

So since he only flops 1/10 times, he's not that bad? Is that your argument? He only flops 5 times a game, so who cares? It's not a big deal right?

Not only is that wrong, I'm sure he flops more than enough during a game because he's been a star in the League for 8 years and everyone who watches the NBA watches plenty of footage on him, but more than that the premise is wrong. Just because he doesn't flop every single time down the floor (which no one is suggesting), but the mere fact that footage like this exists is embarrassing. It's beneath him. It's pathetic.

All I have is vast amounts of evidence behind my statements so I think I'm content to agree to disagree.


Dude, flopping is part of the game in today's NBA. It just is. I hope you won't try to deny this. Almost every game has at least one flop. Why single CP3 out? Why not call out Harden or LeBron or Ginobili or any other flopper? Go to Youtube and type of "NBA flopping". It's comical.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:35 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Image


:man10:
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:36 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
I see your points. It's just I honestly don't see that he's this big time flopper. And let me explain. I have watched about 85-90% of his games since he's been a Clipper. That's a pretty big sample size over 3 years. And I knew about his rep as a flopper prior to coming here so I expected him to flop constantly but that just wasn't the case. He just plays the game the right way the vast majority of the time. I can only go by what I see with my own eyes. Again, does the guy flop? Yes. I've never said he doesn't. I just take offense to people who claim he's this mental midget who is always trying to find the easy way out or things of that nature.

Take offense to the truth? I hate hearing that the Lakers stink, but I don't take offense to it. It's true. They were among the worst in the League last season.

You have absolutely zero evidence behind your claims. None. Zero. If he flops only once a game that's already one too many and I bet you my membership on this site he flops more than once a game. Egregiously too, the kind of flops that draw attention to the lack of contact.

Throw in the fact that he's never been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs and yes he's a choker that flops. Watch the OKC series again and tell me differently.

Ridiculous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:40 am

therealdeal wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
I see your points. It's just I honestly don't see that he's this big time flopper. And let me explain. I have watched about 85-90% of his games since he's been a Clipper. That's a pretty big sample size over 3 years. And I knew about his rep as a flopper prior to coming here so I expected him to flop constantly but that just wasn't the case. He just plays the game the right way the vast majority of the time. I can only go by what I see with my own eyes. Again, does the guy flop? Yes. I've never said he doesn't. I just take offense to people who claim he's this mental midget who is always trying to find the easy way out or things of that nature.

Take offense to the truth? I hate hearing that the Lakers stink, but I don't take offense to it. It's true. They were among the worst in the League last season.

You have absolutely zero evidence behind your claims. None. Zero. If he flops only once a game that's already one too many and I bet you my membership on this site he flops more than once a game. Egregiously too, the kind of flops that draw attention to the lack of contact.

Throw in the fact that he's never been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs and yes he's a choker that flops. Watch the OKC series again and tell me differently.

Ridiculous.


Like I said. I have watched about 85-90% of his games as a Clip. I knew his rep as a big time flopper and expected him to be some flopping machine who flopped at every chance possible and that is simply not the case. He plays the game the right way the vast majority of the time. I never said the guy doesn't flop. I even said he flops more than most people. I just don't agree that it's a huge part of his game. I trust my eyes, not the wrong perceptions of people who rarely watch him play and make judgments (not speaking of this board but in general).
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:52 am

Sure. For a person who took exception to the way I responded earlier, you've really boiled it down to your opinion being what you're going to believe.

In the face of overwhelming evidence, you can cling to your opinion. :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 am

Weezy wrote:A perfectly good discussion thread has been ruined by Clipper bias, homerism, and assumptions that aren't true. The idea that I think Paul is a flopper because he's a Clipper is ridiculous, he's a flopper because he's a freaking flopper. The idea that I think AI was better than him because he's a Clipper and I'm a hater is ridiculous, I watched them both,I based my opinion on what I saw. He flops at least one time a game, think about that, there isn't a game he plays that he doesn't flop in. Yet, he's not that bad 99% of the time. Ridiculous.

Jamaal Crawford is a Clipper, I think he's great and one of the best bench scorers you can have. Blake Griffin is a Clipper and I think he much improved his all around game this season. JJ Redick is a Clipper and I think he's gone from written off early in his career to a seriously good player, I'd take him on my team in a second. Collison is a Clipper and I think he's one of the top backup PGs in the league. CP3 is a Clipper and I think if he knocked off the flopping garbage he'd be a better player for it. So where's the bias here? I dislike the franchise, not the players. I'll take my answer off the air thanks, because I'm not getting into an argument with someone who cannot argue objectively about his favorite team and favorite player, but what I had to say needed to be said.


It's the only kind of argument someone can have when the evidence is overwhelming.... deflect, interject personal accusations and ignore relevant facts. That's pretty much the Clipper Fan's contributions to this thread in a nutshell.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23068
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby LooN3y on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 am

you literally went from he's not a big time flopper, to admitting he's a bit time flopper

stop bring up that you watch 85-90% of his games. WE WATCH HIM TOO.

1 of my friends love CP3, and I've been watching him since he came into the league, why? because he is one of the best traditional PGs in the game and has been top 1 or 2 PGs for the past 6 years with Deron (although i wouldn't say deron is all that great now)


He's been a flopper and choker since NO, so i dont see why you keep saying clipper this and clipper that.

He brought the flopping culture to the clippers, well blake mostly, you watch clipper games right? then you should know blake didnt flop till chris got here.

if he flops 1-2 times a game, give a person and extra phantom foul, or forces a turnover because of it or gets 2 free throws, then yes thats a big part of his game.


you're in a losing argument bro. I never liked CP3 as a player, i can respect his game but i never liked it, not only because he was a flopper and a choker (Nuggets vs Hornets series in 08 just made me truly lose respect for him, and I've said this WAY Before he joined the clippers and I've posted on here as well) but because he's not a good shooter, i just dont like guards that aren't shooters (although he did improve a lot it still doesnt change anything or stance on him), and thats just me. not to say i dont like traditional PGs i like nash, but rondo no because i just dont like guards that can't shoot.

you're losing this argument blatantly, and you're just repeating yourself and contradicting yourself, which is why i think you trolling at times.

i dont know man but you absolutely have no solid ground
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:Sure. For a person who took exception to the way I responded earlier, you've really boiled it down to your opinion being what you're going to believe.

In the face of overwhelming evidence, you can cling to your opinion. :jam2:


What overwhelming evidence? I've already seen all of his flop videos and acknowledge that he has a wide accepted reputation as a flopper. I just don't agree with this reputation based on the what I have seen with my owns eyes during his time as a Clipper. Again, I admitted he flops more than most people. I just don't agree that it's a huge part of his game. The guy is a straight baller who is an amazing basketball player. All that flopping stuff is not necessary and you cringe when he does it from time to time but it's not a big part of his game. That's what I'm saying. And if you don't agree with that, fine.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby John3:16 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Post something ridiculous.

Wait for people to comment.

Play victim.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31870
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:07 pm

:man10: @ this thread. Let's Go Clippers getting buried on page 3 lol.

I have league pass and play FanDuel (daily fantasy). I watch all teams. I watch games like Detroit vs. Milwaukee, games that almost no one watches, and I definitely watch the better teams in the league (such as Clippers, although they aren't THAT good). I have seen Chris Paul play for years and years, to suggest this guy doesn't flop 99% of the time and his game doesn't rely on flopping is ill-informed. If anything, Let's Go Clippers should be the one being asked if he actually watches games. Chris Paul is as bad as it gets when it comes to flopping, Harden's not even as bad (he's bad though). Chris Paul flops trying to fight through screens (any contact really), drives, defense, etc. The dude flops ANY AND EVERY CHANCE he gets. Unbelievable someone can back this guy when he's a mental midget with a loser mentality that he has to rely on such BS tactics to have an advantage against an opponent. AND HE STILL DOESN'T WIN. :freak2:
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:13 pm

I honestly don't understand this perception that Let's go Clippers is some serious fanboy.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
What overwhelming evidence? I've already seen all of his flop videos and acknowledge that he has a wide accepted reputation as a flopper. I just don't agree with this reputation based on the what I have seen with my owns eyes during his time as a Clipper. Again, I admitted he flops more than most people. I just don't agree that it's a huge part of his game. The guy is a straight baller who is an amazing basketball player. All that flopping stuff is not necessary and you cringe when he does it from time to time but it's not a big part of his game. That's what I'm saying. And if you don't agree with that, fine.

What overwhelming evidence?? :man10: There's no way you're not trolling now. How about the player testimonial I already posted? The fact that everybody here has watched 8 years of Chris Paul, including his time with the Clippers, and we all KNOW he's a flopping machine? No?

No I don't agree with that because it's wrong.

It's like we're both looking at a duck and I keep saying "it's a duck!" and you keep saying "no that's a lion man, for sure".

Then we get everybody else and they come over and they're saying "it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck, it looks, acts, and biologically checks out as a duck" and you're like "whatever, nah it's a lion".
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:26 pm

We need to get someone in here that has watched more than 90% of Clips games to overrule his opinion. That's all that matters.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Image
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Image


:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Image

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :bow: :bow:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 pm

the lionduck has appeared...and now this thread has been killed :jam2:
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby John3:16 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 pm

shaqfan

Might be before most of you guys time here.

Time for an update.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31870
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

v1n5anity wrote::man10: @ this thread. Let's Go Clippers getting buried on page 3 lol.


He doesn't understand the first rule of holes either......
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23068
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm

John3:16 wrote:shaqfan

Might be before most of you guys time here.

Time for an update.

CP3 DOES go for trip dubs doe...like ShaqFan.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby John3:16 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 pm

trodgers wrote:
John3:16 wrote:shaqfan

Might be before most of you guys time here.

Time for an update.

CP3 DOES go for trip dubs doe...like ShaqFan.


But can he cook a mean steak?
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31870
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby Congo Cash on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Rooscooter wrote:I think someone will get hurt in the future and then the league will have to actually do something.

He injured himself from flopping recently, sooner or later he will hurt somebody else too... Heck, maybe even cause a brawl or something...

Flopping is fine because everyone else is doing it... :man3: No wonder the NBA is becoming unwatchable...
- insert signature here -
User avatar
Congo Cash

 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 am
Location: Philippines

Re: AI Or CP3

Postby LooN3y on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:25 am

Lets Go Clippers, to prove to you that there is no bias heres a bodybuilding forum with the same discussion


http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154306981


please get your garbage out of here, stop trying to convince yourself that CP3 isn't the king of flops at the present time and that he's a mental midget that can't take a deep team out of the 2nd round.


CP3 isn't that good. The best traditional PG as of right now, but thats about it. Imagine Tony Parker with that clippers team.


Since you acknowledge the flopping, you guy should encourage him Mighty Ducks Style

"FLOP, FLOP, FLOP, FLOP" "FLYING FLOP!!!"


as one man said it
"Chris Paul flopping like a fish"
- Unknown Local Commentator
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.