Cuban is nutso...

Cuban is nutso...

Postby wongy on Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:08 am

:man3: Latest news is that Cuban is ready to send Jamison, Delk and Najera to Portland for Rasheed.. He'll be losing 2 scorers and a real hustler in Najera for a attitude problem who's gonna have to now share the ball with Nowitzki, Nash and Finley.. go for it Cuban, mess up your team even more than it is now!! :man10: :man10:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby vonzipper86 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:52 am

where did u read this? link?
-This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlhcnoljnM
Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:39 pm

i dont think he is gonna trade jamison anymore...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:54 pm

I'd like to see a link before I believe this...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:26 pm

JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby wongy on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:16 am

Was also on HoopsHype....
wongy

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:22 pm

here is the newest rumor, with a litte bit of difference from the other one:

Rasheed Wallace to Dallas for Antawn Jamison and Tariq Abdul-Wahad.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1074257875122040.xml
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:16 pm

dallas will regret trading antawn jamison....i think he has been their best player so far and he should be starting over antoine walker
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:17 pm

i mean this is amazing hes avg almost 16 ppg and 6.5 rpg OFF THE BENCH...thats almost as good as antoine walker who is STARTING...i think tha mavs were better off when they didnt have antoine walker....
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:23 pm

but they need to improve and get someone better on D, and I imagine Jamison has more trade value than Walker, so maybe Cuban really want Sheed
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:24 pm

jsm0331 wrote:but they need to improve and get someone better on D, and I imagine Jamison has more trade value than Walker, so maybe Cuban really want Sheed

sheed wont do much when it comes to defense....and yes ur right jamison has more trade value but why not jus keep him then and try to trade walker for someone not that good...maybe trade him for mcdyess so then walker can help tha suns immediately and tha mavs can jus bench mcdyess and have fortson nowitzki and jamison as their front court?
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:34 pm

personally I don't think anyone in the league (with the exception of the Hawks) would want McDyess, he is doing absolutely nothing with the Suns, it just proves that after this season he will no longer be a Sun.

I think Nelson is partially to blame, and that might be the reason rumors have been circulating of him getting canned and Riley coming in. He is an idiot when it comes to rotations. He has J. Howard starting, I don't care how good he is, he should be their bench spark. He doesn't start Jamison. HE plays Jamison at center against Shaq. All this proves-he doesn't know how to use his players.

I think Sheed will end up in NY, so Cuban won't be able to get him, and will then probably go after K-Mart. He could be a big contributor for a team like Dallas, and they wouldn't have to offer them as much, they could offer them Walker, Jamison, or Finley and could get K-Mart.
JSM

Postby crucifido on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:02 am

No matter where Rasheed goes this year - he'll be a Laker next summer.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:02 am

That would be amazing. Isn't he friends with Kobe or something?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:11 am

Kobe and Rasheed AND Shaq and Rasheed are very close in the off-season and off the court. (Often when the Blazers are in town Shaq and Sheed and sometimes Kobe and Sheed are seen hanging out,)

It would be the clinching factor (as if one is needed) to keep Kobe's head Laker bound. It would both make the team virtually monstrous (moreso than this year) and show Kobe that the team is also building for the day when Shaq retires and it becomes his town.

A perfect move for Rasheed as well. Not only does he play with his friends, he has a chance to get a ring and he has Phil behind him to show the true way to play as part of a team and how behave on and off the court.

It's an ideal situation and I just can't see it not happening.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:15 am

How F'N scary would that be?

PG Gary Payton
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Rasheed Wallace
PF Karl Malone
C Shaquille O'Neal

:man4:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:21 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:How F'N scary would that be?

PG Gary Payton
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Rasheed Wallace
PF Karl Malone
C Shaquille O'Neal

Then teams really would forfeit and give us the ring before October 29 comes around
JSM

Postby crucifido on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:22 am

REALLY F'N SCARY!! LOL!!

starters:
PG - Payton
SG - Bryant
SF - Wallace
PF - Malone
C - O'Neal

bench:
PG - Fisher
SG - Rush
SF - Fox, George, Walton
PF - Cook
C - Medvedenko

Throw Sampson in a suit and you're set for a SERIOUS 70 win run.
I know this year is nowhere near over, but man that is a sweet as* lookin' lineup.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby wongy on Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:26 am

:man3: Can Rasheed tell the Blazers that he wants out and demand to be traded to the Lakers this season?? (even if it is only for the minimum?)
wongy

Postby wongy on Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:12 am

I just read in Hoopshype, that now Dallas is gonna send jamison and Tariq Wahad to Portland for Rasheed.. Now Cuban doesn't look so dumb.. Now Portland does.. Who is Wahad, and what did he do to earn $7 mill a year?? :man7:
wongy

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:45 am

It seems the Mavs are serious about wanting Sheed. Donnie Nelson will meet with John Nash to discuss the Rasheed situation
The Star Telegram: Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson plans to meet with Portland general manager John Nash today to discuss the Rasheed Wallace situation.

The controversial power forward has been linked in trade rumors with the Mavs, who face the Trail Blazers tonight in Portland.

"When I get up to Portland, I'll see how much fire there is to this smoke," Nelson said Friday before the Mavs' game against the Denver Nuggets. "I'm not going to comment on speculation, because that's our policy and it puts guys that are trying to get a job done in an unfair position."

A deal involving Wallace for Antawn Jamison and oft-injured Tariq Abdul-Wahad makes sense financially this season and long-term for the Mavs. Wallace, in the last year of a contract, is earning $17 million this season. The salaries of Jamison ($11.3 million) and Abdul-Wahad ($6.2 million) total $17.5 million, which is within the 15 percent variance allowed by the NBA in trades.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:18 pm

tha mavs are stupid...they shoudl trade antoine walker NOT antawn jamison...jamison has been tha mavs BEST PLAYER this year...not dirk, not walker, definetly NOT finley and definetly not nash...jamison is gett 16 and 6.5 off tha bench...OFF THE BENCH!!! name anyone else in this leauge that is doin that....this is what i dont get about nelson...if any other coach was coaching tha mavs...they would START jamison and not tha damn rookie named HOWARD..yea hes good but to be starting him is stupid....oh well it is not like they are gonna keep rasheed after this year...they are savin all that money to re-sign nash prolly or get a big name in tha offseason
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion