Curious

Curious

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am

I think this might belong in the NBA Discussion, but I have no clue. If it does, my apologies for not putting it there.

I was looking at ESPN last night and they were showing highlights of the Miami game against Portland last night. NOW, Miami won, but I thought it was interesting that Portland was able to stop Miami and was leading by a lot at one point. I was curious, what do you guys think it is that the Lakers and Portland, though they didn't win, were able to hold Miami from demolishing them and actually made them work for a win? I mean ESPN wasn't shutting up about how LeBron shot so well last night, yet it wasn't a situation where they won like they won against the Clippers.

I thought that was interesting, because maybe that is something the Lakers should look at and maybe it will get us more wins, or if by the Power of the Basketball Gods, we got into the playoffs and the Finals and had to face Miami and what not, then we know what to do to win.
The Laker Link

Re: Curious

Postby scissors on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

Miami doing what Lakers used to do in the past. Play down to the competition.
scissors

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 am

Por went at differently then we did, they attacked them with Lilliard pentration and solid 3pt shooting. We did with more ball movt but same end result, Mia just turned on their switch and crushed Por within like a 2min span :man10: same thing they did to us.
khmrP

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 am

khmrP wrote:Por went at differently then we did, they attacked them with Lilliard pentration and solid 3pt shooting. We did with more ball movt but same end result, Mia just turned on their switch and crushed Por within like a 2min span :man10: same thing they did to us.

No I know, but I mean.....we made them work and have to turn it on fast in the end, to me I see that as them having some weaknesses to their game and thus people should look to exploit that so that even if they "turn it on" the last two minutes, people can lock them down so that he isn't enough, you know?
The Laker Link

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
khmrP wrote:Por went at differently then we did, they attacked them with Lilliard pentration and solid 3pt shooting. We did with more ball movt but same end result, Mia just turned on their switch and crushed Por within like a 2min span :man10: same thing they did to us.

No I know, but I mean.....we made them work and have to turn it on fast in the end, to me I see that as them having some weaknesses to their game and thus people should look to exploit that so that even if they "turn it on" the last two minutes, people can lock them down so that he isn't enough, you know?

I think its almost impossible when they have Wade/James who both can penetrate and with the 3pt shooters they have. But Knicks seem to have their #, they've made it look easy at times so maybe they have the blue print to beat Mia?
khmrP

Postby thkthebest on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Basically what everyone else said. Miami is coasting. We did that. Celtics did that. When you win your first championship or even get to the NBA Finals, you're just waiting for the playoffs to come. The regular season is boring. You coast.

Miami outscores other teams by an average of 2.0 in the first half. In the second half, that nearly doubles to 3.9 points.If they didn't blow out teams and rest their starters in the 4th, that second half margin would be even bigger. During the "clutch", they outscore other teams by like 30 points per 48 minutes.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 am

I really don't think the HEAT are showing they are the most amazing team in the world. They are getting wins, I am not trying to take that away or say they are a lie or anything, I am just surprised by the teams they seem to demolish vs the teams they just beat by a bit. Portland made them earn it, Lakers have made them earn it twice, and the Grizzlies just made them earn it.

I think they have the best odds to win the Finals again right now (If it is Spurs and Heat in the Finals, I will NOT watch a single minute of the Finals because it will be such a boring Finals to watch) but it is just interesting to see that though they are winning game after game and having a good streak, they aren't making teams say Uncle, but are beating some GOOD teams by no more than 10 points.
The Laker Link

Return to NBA Discussion