DALLAS considering ROBERT HORRY?

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:45 am

Its ok, I'm not trying to make you into an idiot, I just wanted to make sure the record was clear on the whole Shareef vs Ratliff issue...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:30 am

Theo did miss almost all of last season due to injury. And he hasn't finished a season injury free thus being injury prone. It maybe due to lack of conditioning. Shareef on the other has been their most consistent player although he was hurt in the middle of the season he's been durable most of his career. Lets face it. We don't know if Theo will ever be a defensive shot blocking machine he once was. He certainly won't stop DUNCAN. The best defensive we can give DUNCAN is to make his feet move on the defensive end. Shareef is quicker/can run/athletic/great post up player that will give defenses problems, especially since the team already has KOBE SHAQ. His defense is questionably but he isn't worse than SLAVA or Walker.
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

DALLAS considering ROBERT HORRY?

Postby LakerLady on Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:19 pm

You never know with Dallas. Is there a player Cuban HASN'T considered signing? He'd try to bring Wilt back, if he could find a way.
LakerLady

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:31 pm

No, theo missed the '01-'02 season with injury. He played 81 games of this past season ('02-'03) and (in 31 mpr) averaged 8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 3.2 bpg. He is worth it, remember that Shaq said we try to make him the only option blocking shots on the floor, that would change dramatically with Theo on the floor. Also, with Shaq next to him, his rebounding would be easier as well. He is the ideal PF for us if we want defense, hustle, energy and rebounding. Slava has the offense he lacks. But, if I were GM, I'd get he, Terry and Howard...then we have all we need to win for the next 5 years at the least...

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:No, theo missed the '01-'02 season with injury. He played 81 games of this past season ('02-'03) and (in 31 mpr) averaged 8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 3.2 bpg (better than Ben Wallace and won the shot blocking title this season). He is worth it, remember that Shaq said we try to make him the only option blocking shots on the floor, that would change dramatically with Theo on the floor. Also, with Shaq next to him, his rebounding would be easier as well. He is the ideal PF for us if we want defense, hustle, energy and rebounding. Slava has the offense he lacks. But, if I were GM, I'd get he, Terry and Howard...then we have all we need to win for the next 5 years at the least...

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:37 pm

WHOA, first I got logged out somehow, then I tried to edit the gues post and wound up double posting...here is what was intended to be written...

No, theo missed the '01-'02 season with injury. He played 81 games of this past season ('02-'03) and (in 31 mpg) averaged 8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 3.2 bpg (better than Ben Wallace and won the shot blocking title this season). He is worth it, remember that Shaq said we try to make him the only option blocking shots on the floor, that would change dramatically with Theo on the floor. Also, with Shaq next to him, his rebounding would be easier as well. He is the ideal PF for us if we want defense, hustle, energy and rebounding. Slava has the offense he lacks. But, if I were GM, I'd get he, Terry and Howard...then we have all we need to win for the next 5 years at the least...
Snakell Beast

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:49 pm

Rattlif sucks!!!! he is a center and cant get more then 10 boards a game,... why??? Cuz if you watch him all he does is try to block a shot and not try for a rebound and doesnt box out!! Come on he is a center and only 7.5 rebounds a game!!! Kobe is only one behind at 6.6 rebounds a game!!!! Just get PJ brown!!!!
zetaw00d

Postby whats golden on Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:03 pm

Personally i think that that is the whole purpose of getting Rattlif. We want a PF who can atleast intimidate players like Duncan, Garnett, Webber and Wallace. Someone who will make them change their shot. With PT split between Rattlif and Howard those numbers of Theo's are perfect. The other important factor is that he can back Shaq up therefore we don't need to worry about having Slava in the middle. I think that Theo will be much more suited to a PF role rather than a centre.

If the trade comes up again I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. My only concern is that we lose Horry, maybe Atlanta would take Walker and pick 32 instead?

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby kobe_babee on Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:04 pm

I thought Horry said if he were to be traded, he would rather retire. His reason: I'm too old to work with new people.
Aren't the Lakers stil considering him? but cutting his salary down. But, if they cut too much, he wont take it. So I guess, if they cut too much, he'll retire.
But it seems good for him to be in texas since his family is there. especially to spend time with his daughter who is sick, i think.
kobe_babee

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:33 pm

I am very sure they would take the #32 and Walker in place of Horry, that is on my GM post for god's sake. They get a younger forward with a smaller contract that expires in the same amount of time and they get a guy that isn't going to retire if he gets traded and with it they get a #32 pick. I'd say that is a better deal. If they wanted the one trade (for Rush I think) then they should love this one...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:31 am

Agreed, Rush should be traded while hes still fresh.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion