Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm

maybe or hopefully he's being featured to up his trade value as per MDA statement with those Knicks players :man1:
khmrP

Postby nduri on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Now you guys will begin to see his playmaking skills. Many scouts were calling him the best pure playmaker in the draft. He has good vision and passing ability, as he becomes more comfortable, we will begin to see more and more of that.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm

So far he's proving me wrong. If he would of knocked down his ft's against the Spurs we win. But his D has been solid and plays better on O when he doesn't have to be the play maker all the time.
D.B. Cooper

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 pm

therealdeal wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:Glad to see people finally giving Morris a reasonable chance and some breathing space to develop...

I guess some of us were a little more willing to do so a little earlier than others....

GoldHammish

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Hopefully he does keep getting better and better to the point he becomes a solid backup PG behind Nash. I say this because it would be nice to just sign him back for 900k and then be able to spend money on other positions, mainly SF.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GinoDB on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Blake is gonna see some minutes at SG if Morris continues to improve and Meeks continues to not excel.
GinoDB

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 pm

^I hope not. Blake was a disaster at SG last season, and he's not getting any younger.

According to 82games, Meeks is currently holding opposing SG's to 10 PER on the defensive end. Considering how many points our bench has been giving up this season, he's one of the few bright spots on that end of the floor. My hope is that his offense will pick up as he becomes more familiar with D'Antoni's system.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Thessias on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Darius is rising. He will be the Lakers spark off the bench.

This kid can help the Lakers win the championship. Look for continued progress.
Thessias

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:45 pm

main this is the energy he brings on big ends. always pushing it on offense and trying to get fast break points or in transition and also bothering opponents on D. full court pressure etc.
Ariza3

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Surprising to say the least...his confidence at all time high especially playing with Kobe and the starters
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Thessias wrote:Darius is rising. He will be the Lakers spark off the bench.

This kid can help the Lakers win the championship. Look for continued progress.

He's improving and I'll gladly give him that, but he's not going to be a "spark" off the bench.
XXIV

Postby abeer3 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 pm

what do you need from perimeter role players? D, threes, and few mistakes. morris did none of these last year. this year, he seems to be getting the first one, coming along on the second, and...well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
abeer3

Postby earvinfr on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Don't forget that Morris played in a shortened season without real training camp and real off season to get NBA ready. For me this year is only his first NBA season !
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby kobe_mamba on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:04 am

GoldHammish wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:Glad to see people finally giving Morris a reasonable chance and some breathing space to develop...

I guess some of us were a little more willing to do so a little earlier than others....

LMFAO :man10:

therealdeal and GoldHammish, guys you can say what you like about me, but at the end of the day I was the dude standing up for Morris when seemingly ALMOST everybody else here just a week or so ago were destroying him and heaping turds all over him......

in fact, I thought i was pretty smooth and modest about what I said and how i said it....especially considering how much you guys and the rest of the board would still be flaming me and Morris if he was stinking it up right now. so this really is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't scenarios huh?

so yeah say what you want....who knows, maybe I just have a good eye for talent?? :man12:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby ben_ready on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 am

Everything is right with the world haha mamba is the man he stuck by morris while I vacillated. And I don't care what no one says he's better than blake and he should get the backup minutes he better pick Steve Nash brain tho. Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby LakersN4 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:35 am

I really hope we give the kid a chance. Showcase Blake when he gets healthy, deal him and give Morris the primary backup spot. In Coach D'antoni's offense, he can really explode and compliment our roster. We need his youth and athleticism.. Energy is a huge key in this system, and he has as much of that as anyone on the roster. Not to mention his defense looking extremely solid so far. We still have Duhon who knows the system if the kid buckles, but I don't think he will. With D-12, Jordan, Meeks, Morris - we're quietly stacking up some nice youth.
LakersN4

Postby JGC on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 am

^ I don't think Blake is going anywhere. I thought I read somewhere that D'Antoni has been trying to land Steve Blake for the better part of a decade.
JGC

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 am

His defense is something we haven't seen from a PG in a long time. I hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle when both Nash and Blake are healthy.
JLaker17

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:54 am

JLaker17 wrote:His defense is something we haven't seen from a PG in a long time. I hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle when both Nash and Blake are healthy.

^^ Agreed. He's our best defensive PG by a mile and could be inserted at times to slow some of the quicker PG's down if they are on fire. His PG play is a bit shaky as far as nuts and bolts (dribbling, setting guys up) but his confidence really has grown before our eyes and he's making a believer out of me. His shooting, energy and D have really given us a lift.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 am

I'm thrilled by the turn around, sudden development, new boost in confidence or whatever the heck has transformed him from last year's hot garbage to this year's pleasant surprise. Maybe it was just getting out from under Mike Brown's influence. But I am liking him as a 20 minute energy guy off the bench.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 am

If he can keep hitting these 3's, which is a plus for MDA, I think he could really steal the backup PG spot. Next in line would be Duhon and then Blake.

Both Morris and Duhon have shown they can hit the 3 ball and play some defense, for Blake to get the nod over either of them when he doesn't hit either 3's or play defense would be absurd.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:06 am

kobe_mamba wrote:LMFAO :man10:

therealdeal and GoldHammish, guys you can say what you like about me, but at the end of the day I was the dude standing up for Morris when seemingly ALMOST everybody else here just a week or so ago were destroying him and heaping turds all over him......

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 am

Doc Brown wrote:If he can keep hitting these 3's, which is a plus for MDA, I think he could really steal the backup PG spot. Next in line would be Duhon and then Blake.

Both Morris and Duhon have shown they can hit the 3 ball and play some defense, for Blake to get the nod over either of them when he doesn't hit either 3's or play defense would be absurd.

^^ +1. Both Duhon and Morris' ability to knock down the three makes them much better to sub in with the starters than Blake. Blake is just so inconsequential out there with them. It's like he doesn't even exist at times.

Duhon and Morris help spread the floor with the starters, so they can be easily subbed in for Nash but before the others go out. We'll need to stagger those rotations a bit as Nash will need more rest than our other starters.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 am

lakerswiz wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:If he can keep hitting these 3's, which is a plus for MDA, I think he could really steal the backup PG spot. Next in line would be Duhon and then Blake.

^^ +1. Both Duhon and Morris' ability to knock down the three makes them much better to sub in with the starters than Blake. Blake is just so inconsequential out there with them. It's like he doesn't even exist at times.

Duhon and Morris help spread the floor with the starters, so they can be easily subbed in for Nash but before the others go out. We'll need to stagger those rotations a bit as Nash will need more rest than our other starters.
I wish we had Goudelock for those minutes with the starters on the floor. I felt he would have flourished with no attention directed at him. Open 3's for days. And then tear drops from heaven once they start respecting his jumper and step out on him. :man6:

^^ I agree. I really liked GLOCK. Always did. I couldn't understand why Brown just destroyed his confidence last year by demoting him to the end of the bench after he had played well for us. He was a hell of a shooter.

Ultimately though I think Meeks will come around at SG and help us with timely threes. He got the Brown treatment, too, and I think he's still recovering. His D is better than GLOCK's, too. He can't run PG, but GLOCK wasn't so hot there either, I thought.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:36 am

I was a Goudelock fan too. I was PISSED when they waived him.. Hopefully Morris' J can stay consistent.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion