Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:28 am

Finwë wrote:Well, he's not gonna stop Lin, but he might be somewhat effective, that's what I was thinking, at least 1 on 1.
Screen and roll is a different story

I think you're just more optimistic about the kid than I am. I just don't see him being able to defend someone who is roughly his size and at least as athletic.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby borri on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:Well, he's not gonna stop Lin, but he might be somewhat effective, that's what I was thinking, at least 1 on 1.
Screen and roll is a different story

I think you're just more optimistic about the kid than I am. I just don't see him being able to defend someone who is roughly his size and at least as athletic.


As long as he can do it for 2-3 minutes stretches to give Nash/Blake a blow. That's more than enough for me. He is till our most athletic one.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm

borri wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:Well, he's not gonna stop Lin, but he might be somewhat effective, that's what I was thinking, at least 1 on 1.
Screen and roll is a different story

I think you're just more optimistic about the kid than I am. I just don't see him being able to defend someone who is roughly his size and at least as athletic.


As long as he can do it for 2-3 minutes stretches to give Nash/Blake a blow. That's more than enough for me. He is till our most athletic one.

Yeah, but against how many teams is he going to be effective? In the Western Conference... 1. The Spurs. Every other team has either 1 or 2 athletic PGs that can just run all over him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby KB24 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:05 am

Not NBA material
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:06 am

double edged sword is Morris.

Great at moving his feet defensive and hustles a lot. Other side is his awful 3 point shooting and at times spotty passing ability.

I want Glock in next game but at the same time we need good defense with the kind of guards the Rockets have.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 am

KB24 wrote:Not NBA material


yeah i agree. but hey, the sooner he realizes he's better off playing in europe the better. italy and spain are pretty awesome :jam2:
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11366
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:28 am

I'm laughing when he shot the ball ... looks like he has glue on his hands and the ball isn't going to go up ... he made 2 nice 4th quarters assists though ... I was pleasantly surprised as Darius Dribble dribbling in traffic usually results in TO ... the play when he eliminated Duncan body for a layup surprised me too
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby borri on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 am

therealdeal wrote:
borri wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:Well, he's not gonna stop Lin, but he might be somewhat effective, that's what I was thinking, at least 1 on 1.
Screen and roll is a different story

I think you're just more optimistic about the kid than I am. I just don't see him being able to defend someone who is roughly his size and at least as athletic.


As long as he can do it for 2-3 minutes stretches to give Nash/Blake a blow. That's more than enough for me. He is till our most athletic one.

Yeah, but against how many teams is he going to be effective? In the Western Conference... 1. The Spurs. Every other team has either 1 or 2 athletic PGs that can just run all over him.


If they are gonna run all over him, they are gonna run all over Nash alot more.

In the 2-3 minutes a quarter he spells Nash. Nash would have more energy to be effective offensively later on in the game.

Without his 2-3 minutes, Nash will be run all over AND be more tired come 4th quarter. Which means he'll be less effective offensively. We need Nash on the offensive end.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

Well now we need him sure, but if we were healthy we'd have Blake which would make Morris useless.

I'd rather have something better than Morris. Morris sucks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby borri on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:41 am

therealdeal wrote:Well now we need him sure, but if we were healthy we'd have Blake which would make Morris useless.

I'd rather have something better than Morris. Morris sucks.


I've never argued that Morris doesn't suck. And I've calling for the FO to get someone to replace Morris all year with that injury exception. Oh well.

I'll add this. Morris should NEVER be on the floor with Meeks as our 1 and 2. It forces Morris to run the show.

Our sub pattern should be this. Morris always on the floor with Blake. Blake runs the show.

Meeks always on the floor with Nash.

1Q - If Blake starts, Sub in Morris with 2-3 minutes left for Nash. So it's Blake and Morris. Blake plays entire 1st.
If Meeks starts, sub in Blake anytime for Meeks (depending on how hot Meeks is) Morris with 2-3 minutes left for Nash.

2Q - Nash + Blake. Sub in Morris/Meeks for either Nash or Blake.

Etc....just make sure you don't play Morris in the position where he's running the show.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby borri on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:47 am

^^^

Of course all of this is Moot because with Nash back, we can use Meeks as a sub for both Nash and Blake. Meeks will get all the rest minutes for those 2. Probably around 20 or so minutes.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:57 am

So yeah, Morris isn't our savior but he can move.

I'm just saying, 5-6 minutes a game really wouldn't have cost us a W earlier in the season....he played 20 minutes and we still got a W. Versus the Spurs.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

borri wrote:^^^

Of course all of this is Moot because with Nash back, we can use Meeks as a sub for both Nash and Blake. Meeks will get all the rest minutes for those 2. Probably around 20 or so minutes.

Well the only reason you and I argued about this before was because Kobe was healthy. Without Kobe, I'm with you. Morris should actually see some burn.

I'd run Nash with Blake at the 1-2. Sub out Nash fairly soon and Meeks in (say the 6 minute mark). Then run Nash with Meeks to start the 2nd. Morris gets spot minutes to get Blake some rest indirectly. Something like:

Nash (32)/Blake (10)/ Morris (6)
Blake (25)/Meeks (23)

Not ideal, but it'll have to do. Maybe even run Morris a bit more than that...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby DirtySoap on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Random, but where in the world is JORDAN FARMAR? Is he even still in the league? He has to be better than Morris/ Duhon/ Glock right?
User avatar
DirtySoap

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:40 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:32 pm

DirtySoap wrote:Random, but where in the world is JORDAN FARMAR? Is he even still in the league? He has to be better than Morris/ Duhon/ Glock right?


Israel I think. Either that or make elephant ears at the fair.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby DirtySoap on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:40 pm

That's too bad. He's still pretty young and the closest thing that the Lakers could hope to find to a starting PG with Nash out.
User avatar
DirtySoap

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:40 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
DirtySoap wrote:Random, but where in the world is JORDAN FARMAR? Is he even still in the league? He has to be better than Morris/ Duhon/ Glock right?

Israel I think. Either that or make elephant ears at the fair.

If there was a time for a Farmar to play in an offense that would suit his talents, it's THIS time.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby borri on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:
borri wrote:^^^

Of course all of this is Moot because with Nash back, we can use Meeks as a sub for both Nash and Blake. Meeks will get all the rest minutes for those 2. Probably around 20 or so minutes.

Well the only reason you and I argued about this before was because Kobe was healthy. Without Kobe, I'm with you. Morris should actually see some burn.

I'd run Nash with Blake at the 1-2. Sub out Nash fairly soon and Meeks in (say the 6 minute mark). Then run Nash with Meeks to start the 2nd. Morris gets spot minutes to get Blake some rest indirectly. Something like:

Nash (32)/Blake (10)/ Morris (6)
Blake (25)/Meeks (23)

Not ideal, but it'll have to do. Maybe even run Morris a bit more than that...


I disagree. Playoff time.....NO WAY DO I WANT TO SEE MORRIS ON THE COURT. 7-8 man rotation is needed come playoff time, unless it's a blowout of course. Meeks can play 30 + minutes if he has to as a sub for both Nash and Blake.

Of course this is assuming Nash comes back and is physically able to play 30+ mins. Anything less, we gotta bring in Morris.

Ideal = Nash (32) Blake (35) Meeks (29)...or something close to that. WE NEED Meeks to spread the floor for Pau and D12.

Regular season, is a different story of course.
Last edited by borri on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
DirtySoap wrote:Random, but where in the world is JORDAN FARMAR? Is he even still in the league? He has to be better than Morris/ Duhon/ Glock right?


Israel I think. Either that or make elephant ears at the fair.

Yeah last I heard Ego Ears was out playing over there on the same team as Sasha
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:57 pm

borri wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
borri wrote:^^^

Of course all of this is Moot because with Nash back, we can use Meeks as a sub for both Nash and Blake. Meeks will get all the rest minutes for those 2. Probably around 20 or so minutes.

Well the only reason you and I argued about this before was because Kobe was healthy. Without Kobe, I'm with you. Morris should actually see some burn.

I'd run Nash with Blake at the 1-2. Sub out Nash fairly soon and Meeks in (say the 6 minute mark). Then run Nash with Meeks to start the 2nd. Morris gets spot minutes to get Blake some rest indirectly. Something like:

Nash (32)/Blake (10)/ Morris (6)
Blake (25)/Meeks (23)

Not ideal, but it'll have to do. Maybe even run Morris a bit more than that...


I disagree. Playoff time.....NO WAY DO I WANT TO SEE MORRIS ON THE COURT. 7-8 man rotation is needed come playoff time, unless it's a blowout of course. Meeks can play 30 + minutes if he has to as a sub for both Nash and Blake.

Of course this is assuming Nash comes back and is physically able to play 30+ mins. Anything less, we gotta bring in Morris.

Ideal = Nash (32) Blake (35) Meeks (29)...or something close to that. WE NEED Meeks to spread the floor for Pau and D12.

Regular season, is a different story of course.

At this point I want to limit Meeks' minutes. He's been so spotty, I want him in there for a short period where he can really stay focused and do little things to help us out.

That's my stance on the minutes.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby borri on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm

^^^
i can buy that.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm

not a bad game. he played some good D on Harden. prob the best you can in this league. He was very hesitant on O for a long time but hit 2 somewhat important shots and had some good passes too. made some mistakes as he usually does but i think it was his defense that was important.

played smart and bothered shots. all you can ask. played better than clark and glock.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

A solid C for the game.

His defense made up a bit for his absolute lack of offense. He made a couple shots though so... maybe a C+.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby shoe on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 pm

The three pointer followed by the long 2 pointer had me in shock :man4:
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 pm

He played like a stud for 60 seconds to close out the 3rd quarter and that's about it. His D wasn't bad either but it helps when Dwight has put the fear of God into the Rockets from attacking.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.