Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:26 am

Weezy wrote:An "lol" is a real mature argument, nicely done. And yes, the stats from one game vs advanced stats over their careers is also a great argument, well done there also. :man11:


Not one game but an entire season for DJ and several months for Hibbert. One guy's arrow is clearly pointing up while the other's is pointing down. Hibbert is so bad right now there is serious talk about benching him.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Weezy on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 am

Yeah, well the OP asked "who would you rather have on your team?", it's an opinion question, not really one that is about mocking others answers either way. You're clearly biased for a few players from your favorite team though, as is evident in multiple threads here.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:52 am

User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:18 am

I told my friends last night that if Pacers want to win, it's time to bench Hibbert. Just a terrible matchup for him. Not surprised there's an article that came out today saying the same thing.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby 432J on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:42 pm

hibbert has basically quit on the pacers

dude looks like crap out there
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby LooN3y on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 pm

im pretty sure lets go lakers is a troll. hes obviously just trying to get us riled up. same with the 'CP3' Thread.


regardless of being opinionated, we're comparing ONE player vs another ONE player


i dont know why 'lets go lakers' is bringing up teams and DJ being the 3rd option. lol him being the 3rd option lets him get those garbage points, it would be pretty funny if he were to be 1st option in ANY team. theres a reason hes a 3rd option and would never be a 1st, because he isnt good

the game is called basketball, you put the ball in the basket, the main point of the game, and Deandre doesnt do it well ON HIS OWN.


we're talking about individual players, not talking about their teams or some imaginary said team.

and hibbert clearly wins. if you truly think DJ is better and you're not trolling, you're really not capable of an unbiased opinion.
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:27 am

Yeah Hibbert looks bad because of the matchup. But he's a kid who needs to learn that half the time in the NBA a center has to guard stretch 4s and 5s, so it's time to man up. On the offensive side he should be killing it.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:20 pm

So is this time where I can come in here, or anyone that picked Hibbert over DJ, and mock everyone that picked DJ over Hibbert?

I don't know if we are doing a game by game thing like that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Oh definitely, Jordan is the worst big ever now because he had one game where he didn't score a point and looked bad. On game, even one series, tells so much more than a full season of stats or actually watching the players for intangibles, or even career stats.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:39 pm

The play of the Clips today didn't surprise me one bit given the racial issue surrounding this team. Everyone except Crawford played below their expected level. Sterling might've cost this team the series.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:The play of the Clips today didn't surprise me one bit given the racial issue surrounding this team. Everyone except Crawford played below their expected level. Sterling might've cost this team the series.


All true IMO, but I seem to remember Hibbert having some distractions this season that might be effecting his play as well. Why excuse one's player because of distractions and not the other?
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14305
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Barnstable wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:The play of the Clips today didn't surprise me one bit given the racial issue surrounding this team. Everyone except Crawford played below their expected level. Sterling might've cost this team the series.


All true IMO, but I seem to remember Hibbert having some distractions this season that might be effecting his play as well. Why excuse one's player because of distractions and not the other?



...Clipper Fan..... That's why.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23104
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:04 pm

:man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6487
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby kenzo on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:36 am

What, no bump this time... :man9:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5970
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:31 am

Barnstable wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:The play of the Clips today didn't surprise me one bit given the racial issue surrounding this team. Everyone except Crawford played below their expected level. Sterling might've cost this team the series.


All true IMO, but I seem to remember Hibbert having some distractions this season that might be effecting his play as well. Why excuse one's player because of distractions and not the other?


Are you seriously going to compare the Clip's distractions to Hibberts so called distractions? What exactly was Hibbert's issues? He got into an argument with a teammate and/or whined about lack of touches? Is that really an "issue"? Maybe in today's soft NBA. These two issues aren't even in the same ball park in terms of severity.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:43 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Barnstable wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:The play of the Clips today didn't surprise me one bit given the racial issue surrounding this team. Everyone except Crawford played below their expected level. Sterling might've cost this team the series.


All true IMO, but I seem to remember Hibbert having some distractions this season that might be effecting his play as well. Why excuse one's player because of distractions and not the other?


Are you seriously going to compare the Clip's distractions to Hibberts so called distractions? What exactly was Hibbert's issues? He got into an argument with a teammate and/or whined about lack of touches? Is that really an "issue"? Maybe in today's soft NBA. These two issues aren't even in the same ball park in terms of severity.

Subject A is prone is an introvert prone to depression, anxiety, and crumbles under confrontation.
Subject B works for a high ranking law firm and finds out his/her boss is extremely sexist.

One is valid and the other is not? How old are you?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 am

therealdeal wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Barnstable wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:The play of the Clips today didn't surprise me one bit given the racial issue surrounding this team. Everyone except Crawford played below their expected level. Sterling might've cost this team the series.


All true IMO, but I seem to remember Hibbert having some distractions this season that might be effecting his play as well. Why excuse one's player because of distractions and not the other?


Are you seriously going to compare the Clip's distractions to Hibberts so called distractions? What exactly was Hibbert's issues? He got into an argument with a teammate and/or whined about lack of touches? Is that really an "issue"? Maybe in today's soft NBA. These two issues aren't even in the same ball park in terms of severity.

Subject A is prone is an introvert prone to depression, anxiety, and crumbles under confrontation.
Subject B works for a high ranking law firm and finds out his/her boss is extremely sexist.

One is valid and the other is not? How old are you?


I didn't say Hibbert's issues weren't valid. Just that they aren't even in the same ball park as what the Clipper players are going through.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
I didn't say Hibbert's issues weren't valid. Just that they aren't even in the same ball park as what the Clipper players are going through.

The idea that you know what a person is going through personally and internally is ridiculous. You have no idea what Hibbert is going through personally. You really don't know what these Clippers are going through either. To compare the two and say one is worse than the other is absurd.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:59 am

therealdeal wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
I didn't say Hibbert's issues weren't valid. Just that they aren't even in the same ball park as what the Clipper players are going through.

The idea that you know what a person is going through personally and internally is ridiculous. You have no idea what Hibbert is going through personally. You really don't know what these Clippers are going through either. To compare the two and say one is worse than the other is absurd.


I don't know what any other human being is really going through except myself. But i am looking at these issues at face value and yeah, based on that, it's not even close. Now if you have the ability to see what Hibbert is going through, you rock.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:20 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
I didn't say Hibbert's issues weren't valid. Just that they aren't even in the same ball park as what the Clipper players are going through.

The idea that you know what a person is going through personally and internally is ridiculous. You have no idea what Hibbert is going through personally. You really don't know what these Clippers are going through either. To compare the two and say one is worse than the other is absurd.


I don't know what any other human being is really going through except myself. But i am looking at these issues at face value and yeah, based on that, it's not even close. Now if you have the ability to see what Hibbert is going through, you rock.

Whatever you say kid.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Wow the Clippers fan is going full board to defend his boys.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31166
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:07 pm

^^^ he's lurking again tonight....waiting until it's safe to post...... At least tonight he's not displaying his name like most nights..... :man10:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23104
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:21 pm

:man10:

*lurkerrrrrrssssss come out to ppppppplllllllaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy :man9:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31166
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm

10...9...8...7...6..........
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23104
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert?

Postby 24/23goats on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:56 pm

DJordan over Hibbert 10 out of 10 times...Hibbert is the most overrated big in this league. Even when he was playing at his best it wasn't better than DJordan. Sure he's more offensively gifted, but he's not that good..especially considering his fg%, rebounding, and the amount he's getting paid compared to his total production.
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.