Demarr Johnson to the Suns

Demarr Johnson to the Suns

Postby Shaq Fan on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:14 pm

I do not know if this is old, if it is you can delete it.

But Demarr Johnson has beed signed by the Suns.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:32 pm

great signing...FabFour first reported it though...but derMarr is pretty underrated this offseason, and he could certainly prove his worth in an atmosphere where his only competition at SF backup is Joe Johnson, who could also play SG...so the door's wide open for him. Hopefully the Suns would realize that Anfernee Hardaway is getting old and place him on the bench. That would leave the opportunity open for either Joe or DerMarr.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby smilez on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:36 pm

Just makes Phoenix even better. I think they will get to the playoffs again this year.
smilez

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:37 pm

seriously....I'd say 60% chance
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Roscoe on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:59 pm

Man thats a steal, Dermarr has a bunch of potential. People forget that he was the sixth pick of the 2000 draft. It's also good to see him comeback after that bad car accident...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:46 pm

a couple of years ago, before his accident, he was doing well. In the summer league he did pretty good. And just when he started to improve and get some recognition, he got hurt, and that was a blow to the Hawks. I think he has recovered pretty well, and should be a good addition to the Suns.

What's up with all these teams that haven't done much during the off season to start doing some stuff now.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:42 pm

jsm0331 wrote:a couple of years ago, before his accident, he was doing well. In the summer league he did pretty good. And just when he started to improve and get some recognition, he got hurt, and that was a blow to the Hawks. I think he has recovered pretty well, and should be a good addition to the Suns.

What's up with all these teams that haven't done much during the off season to start doing some stuff now.

dude i know! but this was expected...around training camp, most of tha teams that hafta clear up their roster/add players to their roster have started makin moves...the suns, rockets and grizzlies are tha 3 teams that have done virtually NOTHING over tha summer when it comes to FA's, all of a sudden the rockets trade rice and sign JJ, then the suns trade outlaw and big jake for knight, and sign dermarr johnson?

And somebody mentioned penny hardaway...he needs to be traded, his salary is takin up alot of the suns cap room, and if they can get rid of his salary, they could get some good talent with that money...i say trade him before tha season starts...but any idea of who they could trade him for?
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion