Derrick Rose breaks into tears at the adidas D Rose 3 launch

Derrick Rose breaks into tears at the adidas D Rose 3 launch

Postby SK8 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 am

This guy really have big heart.....i got big respect for him.

The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Re: Derrick Rose breaks into tears at the adidas D Rose 3 launch

Postby purp n gold on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 am

I want Rose to make a big comeback when he's healed. I love his game, but I think it's going to have to change if he wants to stick around for long.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:21 am

Hope he can comeback and not miss a beat. Easily my favorite non-Laker.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 am

Oh man that was hard to watch.

I hope he can make it back. I don't think we'll ever see Rose the way he was before the injury, but I hope he comes back and can play again.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 am

therealdeal wrote:Oh man that was hard to watch.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 am

Watching that video, I couldn't help but to get mad at the fact that a generally good and humble professional athlete, that is so appreciative and touched by the small things like having fans, has to be injury prone. These are the guys that should be leading the league and have a clean bill of health and representing an image of inspiration for people.

Just ain't right.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gcclaker on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 am

I read somewhere that he equated his knee injury to death. Tells how much he values the game.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Nice top comment.....

These tears aren't because of an injury, it's because of the bloodshed being spilled in chicago. Listen to what he's saying and bear in mind that there's a war going on in the Chicago streets.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Wrath12X on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Man :( I feel for D-Rose, he is easily my non-Laker favorite player. I hope he comes back soon & is effective as ever.
Wrath12X

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 pm

^ Same here. I bought his jersey during his rookie season, and I own his shoes for basketball. I always liked his demeanor and his professionalism. I really hope he comes back strong.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:28 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Most humble professional athlete I have ever seen.

I think the word "humble" gets used to often among athletes today. But if you want a true definition of it look no further than D Rose.

Such a great Athlete, Person, and Role Model! You simply can't help but root for Derrick not just in his recover process but in life. The word humble gets used a lot to describe a few athletes nowadays, but no one is as humble and thankful than D Rose. This video and what I also took away wasn't just that he's humble, but you can genuinely see just how PROUD of a person he is too. You see that in him based on how he works out & how hard he works at his craft. You can also see it when he's reflecting on where he came from and who paved the way for him. That's a lesson we should all learn; never forget those who helped you get to where you are today or will be in the future.

You will rise again D Rose.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby jimbo327 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:16 am

Seriously, mad respect. It wasn't even about bball, I think he was talking about Chicago and what's been going down. I think it was like 50+ murders in the last week in Chicago urban areas.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Finwë on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:28 am

Wrath12X wrote:Man :( I feel for D-Rose, he is easily my non-Laker favorite player. I hope he comes back soon & is effective as ever.

Great sig :jam2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby BDG on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:56 pm

You've got to feel for the guy. The league needs more players like Derrick Rose ... guys like him are a dying breed. That's why it was so sad seeing him go down with such a serious injury.

The reason I like guys like him and Durant is because they seem to play purely for the love of the game and have that hunger for winning. They don't talk a bunch or seek attention ... they let their game do the talking.

I really hope he somehow recovers the the player he was before the injury.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm

BDG wrote:You've got to feel for the guy. The league needs more players like Derrick Rose ... guys like him are a dying breed. That's why it was so sad seeing him go down with such a serious injury.

The reason I like guys like him and Durant is because they seem to play purely for the love of the game and have that hunger for winning. They don't talk a bunch or seek attention ... they let their game do the talking.

I really hope he somehow recovers the the player he was before the injury.

+1 - well said, BDG. I'm a huge fan of Rose. Love his game and his attitude. He was the player I had the most fun watching in the NBA and that includes Lakers. Not saying I like his team anywhere near the Lakers but to me he was the most watchable guy in the league. I despise Lebronze and Wade and I wanted so badly for Rose and Chi Town to beat them. It was heartbreaking to see him go down. Not sure he'll ever have quite the dynamism that he had before the injury but he could still be a phenomenal player - maybe even a headier player after all this.

I also enjoy watching Durant but since his team is our rival in the west that takes most of the joy out of it as I have to root against him. I can root for Rose and Chi all I want as I know they would only pose a threat to us if they made it to the Finals, and I have no doubt that we would wipe the floor with them in that case.

Rose is one of the good guys and I think I'm in the minority here but I loved it when he got the MVP and I thought he deserved it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:52 pm

He still has the best player intro. at an All-Star game......

And for giggles....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gcclaker on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 am

Some real stuff going on in that video... Never watched anything like it. Rose takes his profession seriously and life outside of it too. Very aware...very introspective.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby nameant on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am

Awesome guy. It's a shame the NBA doesn't try to make a classy guy like this the face instead of using a clown.
nameant

Return to NBA Discussion